Other diet bars

Nope nor me....grrr! Tesco is too far away to try there bars, I'll be sticking with SF bars from now on, I think the chocolatre crisp is better than Asda's favour anyway ;)

Well I've had a look at the info for both exante and slimfast. They are very similar but SF has slightly higher carbs, so if you are sensitive something to watch out for.

SF also say they contain a third of your RDA of vitamins, so going by that I'd say they're ok. I'm no expert though!:)

Could you not order the Tesco ones for home delivery ? :)

I've been having the SF bars for about 3 weeks now, and they're fine. They do 3 flavours, although I've only tried the chocolate crisp flavour. I haven't weighed in for 2 weeks, will do this Saturday, so we'll see what happens then, but I've not felt anything while having them.

There's 4 in the box for £4 I like the price of them :)

I never go to Tesco as it's too far away, I had thought about home delivery but I just don't shop there so it wouldn't work for me, shame as when I last went (which was only to get school jumpers) I picked up 2 bottles of flavoured water, the only flavoured water you can have on Exante...so I miss out on that too :(

Yeah I meant asda bought BL bars in comparison to approved foods bought BL bars. I've just had a mint one from AF, and they are totally different. Much softer and more like a powdery fudge with wee green crunchy bits in it, whereas the asda bought BL ones have no green crunchies and they are really chewy. Not very impressed tbh, but don't think I can justify 2.29 per bar :(

Did you notice a difference Muffy?

I hadn't had many bl bars in the past to compare them to to be honest but I have had a couple of the breakfast fruit nut ones and yes I do deffo notice bigger nuts and apricots in the AF bought ones. Iv not tried any of the others yet. Little miss perfect asked me if the AF bought bl bars were the chewy or crumbly ones. So I'm guessing she has come across both types in asda? Not great when a product isn't consistent regardless of where it was purchased I suppose :mad: although i don't think too much about it. I just eat them ;) xx

nomoremuffintop said:
I hadn't had many bl bars in the past to compare them to to be honest but I have had a couple of the breakfast fruit nut ones and yes I do deffo notice bigger nuts and apricots in the AF bought ones. Iv not tried any of the others yet. Little miss perfect asked me if the AF bought bl bars were the chewy or crumbly ones. So I'm guessing she has come across both types in asda? Not great when a product isn't consistent regardless of where it was purchased I suppose :mad: although i don't think too much about it. I just eat them ;) xx

Yep I've had a whole array of different bars although they have all been chic crunch and all from asda. Ranging from lovely to vomit inducing :S

Ok, I've just had an email from Asda about the bars. When i sent them my info request I told them about the lack of bars at my local store.

The email said... blah blah blah..."the bars haven't been discontinued, I have also done a product search for your local store and there is over 90 in stock. When you next visit the store please ask a member of the Asda team for assistance"

I didn't get the email until I came home from shopping, but I've been in Asda today to get bars and there wasn't any on the shelf, just the snack ones, so I grabbed the SF bars instead.. maybe I should email again, it's not making sense now..

deals on bars

:Djust found out today my tesco are selling biggest looser meal replacement bars for 75p each- bargain!!! xx

can u av any meal replacment bars for example asda do there own at only 30p each can u av them?

I recently tried BL bars for the first time, from AF. I had read wonderful things about them on this site! As I am on veggie Atkins I can't eat the bars every day but the breakfast one is delicious. It also strikes me as higher in calories AND carbs than most VLCD diet bars. Whole nuts and fruit! The fudge mint one is nice, too. They must be coming from a European supplier if they are truly different to the Asda versions.

These bars are being discontinued I believe, which is why they are on offer at AF. No idea whether or not replacement bars will suddenly appear!

I'll bet they were looking at the snack bars!

Lots of people on VLCDs use Tesco Ultra Slim bars, and also Asda Measure Up bars. Very cheap and reportedly delicious, with no slowing down effect on losses. Haven't tried them myself.

Back