Our Non Scale Victories

Kaylee, they are great achievements! Well done. I have a size 16 skirt waiting for me at home. I didn't try it on because I was in a hurry. It might fit. If it doesn't I've no idea what to wear to the pub tonight!

Congratulations Kaylee and Jettica! That's really great that you fitted in smaller clothes size! It's one of the best rewards of dieting is to get into those smaller sizes :)

I had a non scale victory today, I did 20 guy pushups, it's 10 more than I was doing. I know it's not alot, but hopefully oneday I will be able to do alot more :)

i have my old (size 16) jeans on! They fit fine. Although they're actually highly unfashionable now that i can look at them objectively.

Congratulations AGlasgowGIrl! It's okay if they're out of fashion now. You can still keep them and try them on once and awhile to remind yourself how well you've done :) It's always nice to know that you can still fit into something you wore when you were younger :)

i have a lovely dress i'm dying to get back into, i will bin the jeans but keep that. supposed to be skinny jeans but they're bagging unattractively around my knees. Also they have paint on them. I have no idea why i kept them, really! but im glad i did because i know im roughly the size i was before i had my baby.

They're really great to compare yourself with or measure your success :)

aww, i love this thread!

I love this thread too! Getting into old jeans must be a great feeling. I can just about get my size 16 jeans on but they are low rise and I get some serious muffin top. I'll be happy when I can fit into them comfortably but I'll probably be closer to a 14 by then!

Yesterday I ran my usual route in my fastest ever time, which was about one minute quicker than my last time!

A whole minute!?! That's really great, talking about a huge improvement! :)

I promised myself on that run that I was going to really push myself and I did. Clearly I don't push nearly as hard normally. Going to try and improve on that time again tonight!

Congratulations Kaylee and Jettica! That's really great that you fitted in smaller clothes size! It's one of the best rewards of dieting is to get into those smaller sizes :)

I had a non scale victory today, I did 20 guy pushups, it's 10 more than I was doing. I know it's not alot, but hopefully oneday I will be able to do alot more :)

impressive! i used to have to do press ups on my fists- my wrists were weak and used to crack alot! can do them properly now, my aim is 100 in a row- on toes

Wow that's really great Gina! I'm sure you'll get to your 100 in a row goal :)

I used to do 300 push ups a day when I was younger and in shape. I'll be happy with just 100 these days :)

doing weights has strenghened my wrists again, just need to do something to sort out my weak leg. one leg is really weak, i cant do a proper leg raises and pushes on it as my hip cracks out of place when i do, it hurts too.... its the same leg that sometimes just 'caves in' too, ill be walking about as normal when it suddenly caves in at the knee. hate it!

Maybe you should try some yoga :) It helps to even the balance the body out :)

i think i offened the instructor last time i tried yoga, i fell asleep in her class!

Hehe, maybe you'd like the power yoga classes :)

ive looked into those actually, they have them near me but you need to book a 6 week course on it. its on quite late, the class only starts at 9.15, and is on until 10.45! if it was on sooner i would try it for sure. been looking into bikram yoga aswell, but theres nowhere around me that does it

Ewwwww, that's a really late class. You'd fall asleep from the time being so late.

really like the look of bikram yoga though, sounds like something id enjoy

You should give it a go, never hurts to try something new:)

I could imagine how hot bikram yoga can be. Just doing normal yoga I get really hot.

Back