Our Non Scale Victories

I have really weak wrists because I have RSI. I can do push ups (girlie ones) on bars. When I first started with my PT I could do 21 but my form was crap and I was making it easier for myself.

Four weeks later I can do 23 with much better form. I'm tempted to start the 100 press ups programme but I need to get some bars for myself.

In NSV news, boss (again) said he almost didn't recognise me as he drove past me today because I'd lost weight. Why can't I notice it!?!

i have that book jettica!

i dont use bars for it, just a mat for comfort on my hands

I don't have the book but it's something my PT talked about but they'd already started it with their regulars when I joined. But I've got all the emails and the programme that you're supposed to do. It'd be awesome if I could tell people I could do 100 press ups!

I've got a fair amount of body weight to lift off the floor!

I have really weak wrists because I have RSI. I can do push ups (girlie ones) on bars. When I first started with my PT I could do 21 but my form was crap and I was making it easier for myself.

Four weeks later I can do 23 with much better form. I'm tempted to start the 100 press ups programme but I need to get some bars for myself.

In NSV news, boss (again) said he almost didn't recognise me as he drove past me today because I'd lost weight. Why can't I notice it!?!

Hi Jettica,

I was intrigued by your post as I've had RSI and now have wrist problems but what happens now for me is that ligaments in my wrist are so tight I cannot get my hand flat on the ground, it's really painful to force anything approaching a 90 degree angle (ouch, I just tried to see if its still like that) and the only way I can do push ups is to do knuckle press ups. Or was, its been ... ahem ... a while .... since I tried. I wouldn't consider my wrists as weak.

When you do push ups on bars do you hold your hand round the bar? I reckon I could do that. Or the half way ones where you lean against a wall and change the angles.

Any advice on push ups with RSI would be very welcome.

Brilliant news about nearly not being recognised :) It does take a while for it to sink in how much we change. I suppose as we see ourselves much more frequently than anyone else we see it as part of a process and not a sudden change and, well I know this applies to me anyway, I was rather in denial about how fat I had got.

Big congratulations for your weight loss and increased fitness.

Thanks Micci!

Yeah, all I do is wrap my hand around the bar. It still aches but at least I can do it and I don't feel the affects afterwards.

It can be expensive but I would advise going to a chiropractor. Best decision I ever made was to go to one. I went from not even being able to hold a cup of tea in my right hand to now having very little problem at all. I can do weights at the gym, lift normal things and do press ups now, it's great. I do still have a bit of trouble pressing my hand flat, like you though but it's so much more manageable.

My chiropractor said my wrist pain stems from my shoulders and lower back. As a result I'm dong lower back exercises to strengthen it. That's helping too.

I still struggle a bit with yoga. I wish I could do all the move but prolonged leaning on my hands is just too uncomfortable.

Thanks Jettica. at the risk of turning this thread into an RSI thread ....

I went from not being able to stir a cup of tea, it was little movements that did me in. And flies. Ouch ouch. I had physio but the stretches for my wrists were so painful I didn't keep them up. I've never seen a chiropractor but used to see an osteopath who was good. My husband has just restarted working so maybe I could go there again in the not too distant future.

Its very good to hear how well you have recovered.

I went to a physio too but, like you, the stretches were too painful. The chiropractor just clicks my back and neck. Massages my forearms and pulls my hands around a bit. It still hurts but it's the sort of pain that you know is working rather than just putting a strain on you.

Obviously though, every case is different but I'd recommend at least a consultation with a chiropractor. Or, go to your GP and say physio didn't work and that you want to see a chiropractor.

And congrats on your weight loss so far. You joints could get better the more weight you lose because there's less restriction. I thought this was only true for joints you put weight on but apparently it's true for wrists too!

If this isn't an NSV I don't know what is.

Went into two branches of Sainsburys throughout today, and in both stores were packs of cookies (proper bakery ones) for 50p. 50p!!!! Two things that draw me in: squidgy cookies, and a bargain. And I resisted them! Twice! (actually 3 times if you count the 2 stands in the big supermarket)

Damn you and your tasty cheap cookies, Sainsbury's.

upping my weight for squats!

only upped it by 2kg, but im only 5kg away from squatting half my body weight now :D

What a great thread!

Here are my nsv's.....

1. looking through the clothes in Evans and realising that many of them are now too big...makes a change from looking for the size 30/32's!

2. being able to walk at a fast pace on the treadmill for an hour....used to get out of breath after just a few minutes.

3. bring able to wear a dress on a night out without my legs looking so huge!

4. being able to wear knee high boots that actually fit around my calves.

5. feeling that i now blend in better in a crowd...i am still big, but i no longer stick out as the huge one!

6. being able to buy sports branded clothes such as jog bottoms....admittedly most of them still dont go up to my size, but i do have some nike and adidas bottoms in a size 18.....i could never get them when i was a size 28!

keep your victories coming, i think its great to share with each other as inspiration xxx

Mine was being able to run almost 1km without having to slow down. When I first started running I could barely run the length of the road leading away from my house.

Also recently I've been pushing myself so hard that I've been perspiring when I finish a work out. Am finally learning my body's limits without worrying about hurting myself!

Oh, and all my size 18 clothes are now too big!

Mine was being able to run almost 1km without having to slow down. When I first started running I could barely run the length of the road leading away from my house.

Also recently I've been pushing myself so hard that I've been perspiring when I finish a work out. Am finally learning my body's limits without worrying about hurting myself!

Oh, and all my size 18 clothes are now too big!

well done!

:D im not a natural runner, 1km is quite a distance for us non runners!

Today I am wearing size 16 jeans!! They are from River Island and I think I bought them when I was in college (about five years ago). I think in high school I was a bit thinner but put on a little when I went to college because I stopped playing netball.

Then I started working and everything went to ****! Great to be back at this point again. No wonder my size 18 jeans were far too big.

i got into my goal dress at the weekend!

now i need a new goal, haha.

Back