Out of Ketosis

LOL...........but life gets in the way!!!!

I've been following the rules of CS, and very rarely go over 100g of carbs each day, so after doing some reading on the net I assumed (rightly or wrongly) that ketosis would occur. And it did, has and does for me. :confused:
I find it pretty hard to eat more than 100g of carbs each day if following the diet strictly so as to lose the maximum weight each week as thats what we all want. :D

Yeah.....I am with you newbody.....totally agree...that's what I said in an earlier post.....and it works. The way to success is not to deviate from the diet and don't read anything that is not CS

Oh my god, for who ever said that you should only be eating 50-60grams of carbs please go back and read the guide book or at the least go to the official forum so you know what your doing.

On CS you SHOULD be consuming anywhere from 90-110grams carbs per day. Roughly 55 of this comes from your main meal, you have three snacks that can each have ten grams carbs, and your main meal you can have any where to 10-20grams.

Celebrity Slim is not concerned with ketosis, something you would know if you used the forum.

just do whats comfortable for you. if it works dont break it!

It's not a ketogenic diet so how can you be in ketosis? Have you ever checked with Ketostix?

Geez...........I think people who are doing CS know it's not a specific ketonic diet....but depending what you eat and if your carbs are below 100g...you have a mild form of ketosis....because you have reduced your carbs.

There are so many 'experts' who aparently know this diet inside out. Well I have done the diet.......and I know.....so unless you have actually done CS.....people should mind their own business.

Last edited:
Geez...........I think people who are doing CS know it's not a specific ketonic diet....but depending what you eat and if your carbs are below 100g...you have a mild form of ketosis....because you have reduced your carbs.

There are so many 'experts' who aparently know this diet inside out. Well I have done the diet.......and I know.....so unless you have actually done CS.....people should mind their own business.

Not sure you are able to dictate who posts on this forum or not, so telling interested parties to "mind their own business" is bang out of order and dare I say ... childish.

i checked with ketostix when i used the products and i was in ketosis!

all that new dawn was trying to say was, although we may not be following CS to the letter, we have found a system that works for us.

we have found we do go into ketosis as we regularly eat under the 100g of carbs every day

and we do use atkins bars as a meal replacement, we have not been ill in anyway

we have all achieved weightloss through doing this.

it just a bit demotivating saying we are doing this wrong all the time when the system is working for us.

just to say we have never claimed its a ketogenic diet or anything like that we're just supportinge ach other through the journey.

everybody is welcome to express their opions obviously but when people tell us what we are doing is wrong and dangerous then some people become a bit annoyed :)

i checked with ketostix when i used the products and i was in ketosis!

all that new dawn was trying to say was, although we may not be following CS to the letter, we have found a system that works for us.

we have found we do go into ketosis as we regularly eat under the 100g of carbs every day

and we do use atkins bars as a meal replacement, we have not been ill in anyway

we have all achieved weightloss through doing this.

it just a bit demotivating saying we are doing this wrong all the time when the system is working for us.

just to say we have never claimed its a ketogenic diet or anything like that we're just supportinge ach other through the journey.

everybody is welcome to express their opions obviously but when people tell us what we are doing is wrong and dangerous then some people become a bit annoyed :)

Hi Kels - (I thought you had a twin until I realised you changed your name) :)

I didn't say what you were doing was wrong. I was thinking about what KD said. So I was of the thinking it wasn't a ketogenic diet, hence the reason why I asked if anyone who talked about ketosis (slipping in/out) had actually tested for ketosis.

I personally don't think the diet is dangerous or what you are doing is dangerous - if you follow it as instructed, then I expect it wouldn't be or it wouldn't be on sale. Goodness me, CD gets enough stick as it is :rolleyes: I was merely perplexed about talk of ketosis and wondered whether the diet actually induces ketosis, even though it is not marketed as a ketogenic diet.

What I do think is dangerous are posters who are rude/obnoxious and/or hostile towards other posters. I took (and still take) umbrage by the way I was spoken to and frankly such behaviour isn't to be tolerated. I personally feel I'm a helpful poster .. and whilst my questions may not be regarded as 'helpful' in the first instance, they should not be misconstrued as destructive, which my first post on this part of the Minimins forum was.

I take umbrage at being told to "mind my own business" on a NON-diary section, as this attitude is both hotile, destructive and childish and serves as no advertisment for anyone new or existing dieters wishing to potentially move to this diet (which I could well have been considering).

We should be helping each other lose weight, not create barriers to people asking questions, after all this is a Weight Loss Support Forum - as stated in the title.

Anyway JustForMe; whilst this is in reply to the post you kindly made, the lion-share of what I've said is, I guess, directed at NewDawn as it was his/her behaviour that has shaped this post.

Thanks ...

hey i know you didnt say we were doing anything wrong...that was aimed at other people...so im sorry if i caused offence and it sounded like it was aimed at you.

you're a lovely lady and very supportive (im an avid reader of Hope Springs =]) and were just questioning why we were talking about ketosis, and from an outsider it may look like we've gone a bit potty:D

i dont either think the whole "mind your own business" was aimed squarely at you either its just we've had a few neagtive people replying to our posts. this is supposed to be a forum of SUPPORT and i dont take kindly to negativity.

so sorry if i offended you in any way, it wasnt meant :)

Not sure you are able to dictate who posts on this forum or not, so telling interested parties to "mind their own business" is bang out of order and dare I say ... childish.

I guess that's me told!......

your very forward and direct new dawn. i like your style :D

please dont change

"I take umbrage at being told to "mind my own business" on a NON-diary section, as this attitude is both hotile, destructive and childish and serves as no advertisment for anyone new or existing dieters wishing to potentially move to this diet (which I could well have been considering)."

I am sorry you have took this personally....that wasn't my intention and if you had read the rest of the posts.....you would have seen that this has been discussed at length. I was merely expressing my opinion........because we have had alot of negative posts on here and what I was saying - generally is unless you have done CS and have been there how can people be an 'expert' on this diet.

Thanks Kel and Justforme :D

Thanks Kel and Justforme :D[/QUOTE]

Doh!....Kel is Justforme...LOL

I have to agree and support you on this NewDawn...you have been very supportive to me and others, as Kels said you are direct but thats a good thing...I wish I could be more like you :D

Awww....thanks Dee......:D

Sorted then! :)

Back