Overweight = Diabetic 1 day

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by pow, 16 July 2010 Social URL.

1. pow

pow New Member

In d Effort of losing weight I constantly read to motivate myself to lose more.
    Recently I came to 1 article Younger obese people has a higher chance to be a diabetic later part of life.
    Diabetic sucks as I often heard of the management is painfull and Diabetic usually has poor quality of life etc etc.
    Fortunately by shading 5 kg of weight we could reduce the risk of developing into Diabetic by 58% .
    So Ithink look slimmer getspay in a long way .... Keep your effort to slim down : )
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

My mother has developed type 2 diabetes in recent years, and thats one of the main motivating factors for my current efforts to lose and stay thinner. I will have enough health concerns in later life without self-inflicting that on myself. As long as I do this and keep it under control, I should be fine. That said, if SHE did this and kept it under control, she would be fine too. Its all about personal choices.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.