P90x

Thats exactly what I thought with the pull ups, but its fine, I use a chair to balance my feet on.

Generally you will need a set of dumbells, a yoga mat, pull up bar and chair. I don't use resistance bands. You may also need yoga blocks (I don't have these either) if you are not too good at stretching. That's about it really.

P90x is quite expensive, I agree, but the results I am seeing well over values the amount I paid for it. Honestly, if you do your best and push yourself the results are amazing!x

Congrats on your results.

I have been thinking of getting this, its quite expensive though. Do you need anything else to go with it?

I keep seeing resistance bands, dumbells and pull up bars advertised. I dont think I could do the pull up, not even sure the door would take my weight :D But are they a requirement or an optional extra?

not that i condone piracy i have a copy i can upload for you to download if you like

oh I've seen the infomercial on this and thought it looked really hard. How much is it? How often do you need to do it and for how long?

Thanks for your time.

Hi Lose2Win! I think it was around £100, we bought it off amazon and received it within 5 days. U also need equipment like dumbells, a pull up bar or bands and a yoga mat. Also make sure you have a chair as you will need one.

I am on Day 35 now of P90x and I'm loving it, you see such a difference in yourself, not only physically but fitness, strength and flexibility. It is a great workout routine and if you "bring it/work to your extreme" you will definately get good results! :)

You workout 6 days of the week with one day as a rest day. The workouts are approximately 1hr long, give or take, with the exception of yoga which is 1 and a half hours. The programme lasts for 90 days (3 months).

Hope that helps? :D x

Thanks a lot Kirst it was very helpful. You are doing really well. I'm very impressed.

I think it's a bit too intense for me lol. I was looking at X-train for ladies (£29.99) on Amazon which has various levels and looks similar. It has some good reviews but I'm still unsure.

You workout 6 days of the week with one day as a rest day. The workouts are approximately 1hr long, give or take, with the exception of yoga which is 1 and a half hours. The programme lasts for 90 days (3 months).

Hi Kirst How is it going?

I was wondering what order do you do your workouts and how do you stay committed. I'm not sure i can keep up!!

Thanks

Mel

Hey it's going great thanks. I am pretty much sticking to plan. Other than I took my rest day on Wednesday this week rather than Sunday.

It is quite difficult this week I am finding to stay motivated. I am just making sure I press play and when I do I am managing the workouts great, it is just the thought of doing it. When I'm in the zone it's good and feel so much better afterwards. I only have another 2 weeks to go until day 60 and can take my next pictures which is really exciting. I know it's going to be a long process though, just have to do my best and forget the rest lol x

Bless you. it will be so worth it when you've finished!!

I see that the workouts consist of 12 DVDs what order do you do them in?

It varies per week, the first 3 weeks are:
Chest, back, abs
Plyometrics
Shoulers & Arms, abs
Yoga
Legs & Back, abs
Kenpo
X Stretch/Rest

the 4th week is recovery
Yoga
Core synergistics
Kenpo
X Stretch
Core synergistics
Yoga
Stretch/Rest

week 5 is different as it adds in other parts of your body like biceps, triceps so you do that for another 3 weeks. At the moment I'm on week 6 x

It varies per week, the first 3 weeks are:
Chest, back, abs
Plyometrics
Shoulers & Arms, abs
Yoga
Legs & Back, abs
Kenpo
X Stretch/Rest

the 4th week is recovery
Yoga
Core synergistics
Kenpo
X Stretch
Core synergistics
Yoga
Stretch/Rest

week 5 is different as it adds in other parts of your body like biceps, triceps so you do that for another 3 weeks. At the moment I'm on week 6 x

Thanks Kirst. I seems really heavy going!!

How you getting on? You should post you before and after pics:D

It is quite hard going yeah but as long as you press play you know you'll do it. I just try not to think about it now I just do it lol.

Last week was quite hard for me, I swapped my rest day for wednesday instead of sunday and only managed 10minutes of yoga on yoga day as I had really bad stomach pains. But I won't be doing that again as I only lost 1lb last week :(

Back on the straight an narrow this week though, no more slip ups!

I have a before picture and a 30 day picture, next picture is my 60 day picture (2 weeks away). Was thinking about posting my before and day 30 pictures, but not sure on whether to wait until I'm finished....

Oh no you should deffo post then now!!. It would be good motivation and such an inpiration for others to see :D, especially me who is struggling with the whole concept of it LOL.

It's just an exercise program that helps fitness, strength, lose fat, build muscles and tone up and is definately working! lol

Okay, here goes....

this is my Day 1 picture - I must be about 17 stone here, yuck! :(

And my Day 30 picture - 16stone exactly....

I am now 15stone 10lbs and take my next picture 2 weeks on sunday :) x

Attachments

• 1.Day 1.jpg
    1.Day 1.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 2 .Day 30.jpg
    2 .Day 30.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 84
WOW :D what a difference doing 30 days of p90x makes. Your results are amazing. It also looks as if you've lost more than a stone. I'm really excited to start now. Who would've thought that you could achieve those results in such a short space of time!! I've seriously been considering cosmetic surgery but I think I'll definitely give this a go before I commit.

Imagine what your gonna look like on day 60 & 90. I can't wait!!

Wow you look fabulous and do look like you have lost more than a stone x

Thanks everyone! :) glad I posted those pics now and inspired you to do p90x Lose2Win. I was really nervous about putting up my before pic as it's really embarrassing, but that's not me anymore thankfully! lol

roll on 2 weeks on sunday! :D

Back