Packs on a plane? Ryanair & Dutch customs

hannahbanana

Does anyone know if you can take packs, tetras and/or bars onto a ryanair flight in hand luggage (not paying for a hold bag), and if you can take them through into Amsterdam?

I'm in Amsterdam this weekend and don't want to go off program too much

thx :)

You won't be able to take Tetras as you are not allowed any liquids over 100ml. Your best bet is to take bars or sachets. You would have to get a shaker for the sachets which is a pain but it might be worth it to stay on plan.

I'm going home to Sweden in a couple of weeks time and will not be paying to check in bags so will have the same problem. I'm going slightly off plan for that week eating a bar and a sachet a day and have 1 normal meal per day.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!

I have taken bars and packs with me on Ryan Air and Easy Jet flights, however not tetras - as they are liquids and liquids are restricted to small amounts.

Thanks for that herewego! I've got a shaker so as long as I can shake that's cool!

Heehee I don't think that the dutch are too worried about bags of powder, but maybe if I had some leftover trying to get back into England might raise some eyebrows and the attention of drug sniffer dogs :D

Hope you enjoy your trip home to Sweden

You won't be able to take Tetras as you are not allowed any liquids over 100ml. Your best bet is to take bars or sachets. You would have to get a shaker for the sachets which is a pain but it might be worth it to stay on plan.

I'm going home to Sweden in a couple of weeks time and will not be paying to check in bags so will have the same problem. I'm going slightly off plan for that week eating a bar and a sachet a day and have 1 normal meal per day.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!

Doesn't help the OP but in your case could you post anything back to e.g. relatives beforehand?

Doesn't help the OP but in your case could you post anything back to e.g. relatives beforehand?

What a brilliant idea! I was a bit upset about not being able to bring tetras as they are so convenient! I'm going to post a few next week when I've been to my CDC!

Thanks for the tip!!! :thankyou:

Back