Paleolicious

Wednesday:

tinned mackerel and small piece of cheese

avocado and bacon burger at Gourmet Burger Kitchen - they gave me a GF bun but it was nasty lol wished I'd asked for extra salad instead. No idea why places use bad quaility GF products would much rather not have it if its not great! So only ate about a quarter of the bun before giving it up as a bad job!

nuts

Dinner is going to be salmon with crispy kale, leeks and some cauliflower

Day off today as the uni staff are all out on strike, glad in a way as need to catch up with myself!

Today's food plan:

eggs, kale and mushrooms

almonds

Lunch is still to be decided

I've got some lamb cooking in the slow cooker with mushrooms and tomatoes for dinner

Then its out to a party for Halloween tonight :)

hmmm today is a write-off as far as paleo is concerned, back on it tomorrow!
Stupid wine hangover lol
I got a bit thrown off this week to be honest, I didn't do my usual shop last weekend
as was too busy and didn't do my meal plans so its all gone to pot. Looking forward to
getting back to my yummy paleo meals tomorrow :)
I'm in need of a salmon and liver fix! (not together though!)

Yayyy back on track today, having a chill day and doing food shopping, uni work is banned :cool: lol need to take today to de-stress and focus on my health. It annoys me when I go off paleo as I know gow good it ia for my health but hopefully I've learnt my lesson (for now) ;) didn't even enjoy half the cr*p I ate tbh.
Even though there are no recorded interactions with my diuretics I have noticed when I drink now I feel all heart racy the next day, which never happened before I started the tablets, going to not drink for a while anyways now and try go see my GP.
Food today is a work in progress as all depends on my shopping!

B: bacon and eggs with leek and courgette cooked in butter

D:???

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yayyy back on track today, having a chill day and doing food shopping, uni work is banned :cool: lol need to take today to de-stress and focus on my health. It annoys me when I go off paleo as I know gow good it ia for my health but hopefully I've learnt my lesson (for now) ;) didn't even enjoy half the cr*p I ate tbh.
Even though there are no recorded interactions with my diuretics I have noticed when I drink now I feel all heart racy the next day, which never happened before I started the tablets, going to not drink for a while anyways now and try go see my GP.
Food today is a work in progress as all depends on my shopping!

B: bacon and eggs with leek and courgette cooked in butter

D:???

S: lump of cheese

D: couldn't decide on what to have so have a small piece of steak and a small piece of salmon! Lets just call it surf n turf lol then I won't feel like a greedy sod! Having it with roasted veg (tomato, courgette, mushrooms and leek)

Sunday's food:

B: salmon and poached eggs

S: pistachios

D: shoulder of lamb with cauli and broccoli

S: cheese

Last edited:
Feels good to be back on track :D

Monday's food:

BP coffee - bought some raw cocoa butter to try in my coffee so hopefully will remember to add it!

Uni lunch is all ready: tuna and avo salad (bought a variety pack of lettuce this week as a change to iceberg, got a small bit of tomato (I'm ok with toms in small doses but too many and they increase my pain levels) in and some courgette)

Dinner: I'm gonna make scotch eggs, dont normally buy sausages coz of the price so thought I'd do something special with them! dont know what to have with them yet.
I have a celeriac so may do some chips

Snack: small handful of nuts-either pistachios or almonds
cheese and half a tomato I found lol

Last edited:
Just eaten far too much today as I'm tired and cold. Going to make a concerted effort to put a stop to the snacking, especially during the week.

Tuesday's food:

BP coffee

tuna and avo salad

salmon with roasted tomato, mushrooms, leeks, courgette and kale (sprinkling of cheese)

In uni 9-3pm tomorrow straight through with no breaks, then got to come home quickly as letting agents coming for a meeting
then planning to go pilates, hope I remember!

Ah well didnt make it to pilates as meeting with letting agent ran over and wouldnt have made it on the bus, never mind, planning on tomorrow and thurs!

Wednesday's food:

BP coffee

chicken wings and kale

celeriac chips with fried eggs and pak choi

Last edited:
Today's food:

B: tuna and cheese omelette

L: salmon and pak choi

D: tcb
really want to get some rainbow trout so going to head to morrisons

Today's food:

B: tuna and cheese omelette

L: salmon and pak choi

D: tcb
really want to get some rainbow trout so going to head to morrisons

Yay got a rainbow trout, the wuss that I am I asked the fish man to remove its head n tail
I dont feel comfortable with my food watching me whilst I eat it :rolleyes:

Also got some lamb's liver and more salmon so well set up with yummy food for now!

So dinner: herb and tomato stuffed rainbow trout with crispy kale and roasted courgette and celeriac

I loved the pak choi at lunch not had it for ages definitely going on the weekly shop!
Not been very productive uni work wise today, think I'm coming down with something as
very dizzy and spacey and feeling a bit weak hope it hurries on by as a mountain of things to
get through.

Friday's food:
*updated*

B: nothing as feeling ill

L: salmon with baked eggs and kale

D: liver with mushrooms, leeks, pak choi, and cauliflower mash

Not feeling fab today, made myself eat lunch as needed the energy
and will try make an effort to do dinner later

Last edited:
Got some yummy things from the farmer's market this morning, bacon, duck eggs, butter and some smoked prawns from Whitby!

Off to the German market tonight, lucky me only able to soak up the smells as there is never any GF food! lol
then off for dinner, will be on plan as I can as want to be well enough to face my mountain of things that need to be done

no breakfast again, just cant face anything at the moment

L: tuna, avocado and smoked prawn salad Mmmmmm was yummy

D: no idea, I fancy steak!

Got some yummy things from the farmer's market this morning, bacon, duck eggs, butter and some smoked prawns from Whitby!

Off to the German market tonight, lucky me only able to soak up the smells as there is never any GF food! lol
then off for dinner, will be on plan as I can as want to be well enough to face my mountain of things that need to be done

no breakfast again, just cant face anything at the moment

L: tuna, avocado and smoked prawn salad Mmmmmm was yummy

D: no idea, I fancy steak!

S: packet of crackerling/scratchings (just salt n pork fat in ingredients list)

Dinner was BBQ ribs, none of the sides were GF and they'd run out of wings
so not the most paleo choice but best I could do, and they were yummy, just
didnt have enough to eat :(

S: cheese when I got in lol

Had a decadent brunch with some of the things I got from the farmer's market:
baked bacon filled avocado cups with poached duck eggs (although I only ate the yolk
as I dont like the whites of duck eggs lol seems such a waste but the texture is off,
love love love the yolks though!)
So full now, the bacon was quite thick cut which I'm not overly keen on but enjoyed it as
a one off treat!

Got 10 more duck eggs to decide what to do with!

Dinner will be something simple - salmon and kale with mushrooms and courgette

Had a decadent brunch with some of the things I got from the farmer's market:
baked bacon filled avocado cups with poached duck eggs (although I only ate the yolk
as I dont like the whites of duck eggs lol seems such a waste but the texture is off,
love love love the yolks though!)
So full now, the bacon was quite thick cut which I'm not overly keen on but enjoyed it as
a one off treat!

Got 10 more duck eggs to decide what to do with!

Dinner will be something simple - salmon and kale with mushrooms and courgette

Forgot to take the salmon outta the freezer so dinner will be late lol will do it with kale,
leeks, mushrooms, courgette and fancy a bit of brocolli

Had a tin of mackerel and some cheese as a snack

Monday's food:

was up super late so didnt have time for BP coffee or to make lunch
so food is dinner which is:

pork ribs with creamy herby mushrooms and leeks

Tuesday's food:

BP coffee

tuna and avo salad

rib eye steak with butter and veggies

Wednesday's food:

no breakfast, cant even face BP coffee at the moment for some reason

lunch: tuna and cheese salad, I forgot to take an avocado out of the fridge to
ripen yesterday - rookie mistake lol gonna mis my avo fix today!

dinner: liver, mushrooms and broccoli with cheese

cinema snack: almonds :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thursday's food, I really need to go food shopping soonish
as running low lol:

duck eggs with broccoli and cheese

chicken wings, with cauli rice, leeks and mushrooms

Last edited:
Back