Paleolicious

Thanks, I'll have a look into this, I hate taking tablets, think the less chemicals the better!
I guess at least starting the honey now, it'll be effective for next summer lol!

Yes and let's face it, there are worse things than taking local honey! :D

Got lunch on, not been back long, had a lovely Strawberry, raspberry and loganberry tea at a coffee shop with my mum whilst out and got some honey. Going to the supermarket later on to get some nettle tea, I'm building up quite a tea collection now! Having a lazy day, trying to get one of the new guinea pigs out of the pod and into a hutch before she has her babies (thats what you get for taking in rescues!), hoping she has them soon coz I want to be here!! At least its only half an hour on the bus from my new flat so I'll be able to see them quite a lot.

Lunch: sausages with roasted carrot and sweet potato, broccoli and cauliflower

banana, 'doughnut' peach

2 tiny satsumas

Dinner: herb lamb steaks cooked with onions and a bag of microwavable cabbage and leeks, simples!

Had a bit too much fruit for me today, will try eat less of it tomorrow

Last edited:
Spent a flipping fortune already today! :eek: I wanted some new sheets and towels, but also bought some wine glasses (50p each!) and a glass jug and glasses set (£5 and it came with 6 glasses) and then decided I needed a bigger frying pan (which will last me ages lol!) so as you can see all essential items that I couldnt live without :rolleyes:

Today's food is:

berry smoothie (added a tsp of local honey, couldnt really taste it thank god, I hate honey!!)

leftover lamb with cabbage and leeks

broccoli stir fry with herb and salt encrusted chicken wings

I keep wondering just how local local honey has to be to be effective? I live in the city and apparently car pollution carries pollen in from far outside the city so don't think honey would help me!

I keep wondering just how local local honey has to be to be effective? I live in the city and apparently car pollution carries pollen in from far outside the city so don't think honey would help me!

lol you're probably right!
I've read a few websites and they are all contradictory with regards to the radius', some say within 50 miles, some within 20 miles! So who knows! I could only find one source of honey thats local so I'm just trying that one.

I've been experimenting with drinks for summer (if it comes back lol its raining buckets here!) and I'm loving fruit tea bags in sparkling water with lemon and lime wedges. I dont think it'll work out too expensive either if I buy own brand tea bags and the ASDA smart price sparking water is only 19p! Be great cocktails with some vodka/schnapps in too! Really wanting to get some pimms for the Wimbledon final next week but might have a fruity cocktail instead.

Had to ring orange yesterday as my last bill was £ 67!!!! :eek: and the one coming out this week was £ 58! Turns out one of my magic numbers had been changed by one digit so all my calls to that number werent free, hopefully they'll sort it fast and reimburse me, was a shock for sure! Need to sort out internet providers and whatnot this week too, apparently Virgin Media told my flatmate it'll be the end of july before they can install :( grrrr I'm gonna have withdrawal coz I only have 250mb on my phone, that wont last long at all! and Orange have more than enough of my money at the moment too.

So finally decided on food for today! I've started taking aloe vera juice, finally found a pure one with no sweeteners, the dose is 25ml a day so as I'm a complete wuss :p about things I'm mixing it with a tiny amount of fresh orange.

B: berry and coconut smoothie

L: chicken wings with fried spring greens and mushrooms

T: stirfry (with some kinda meat that I've yet to buy hmmm...I'm getting lamb withdrawal ;) lol)

Spent what seemed like forever at the doctors this afternoon, and had a tin of salmon and a small glass of fresh orange juice when I got home. Need to go get something for dinner soon but gonna watch the Murray match first. Not done any packing yet as exhausted.

We have new guinea pig babies :D 4 pups born this morning, all beautiful and tiny! I was so excited lol

I lost a 1lb this week, was hoping to have lost my gain but at least its off! Going to address my portion sizes as the size of my meals has increased, so smaller meat portion more veggies!

Got the keys to the flat, and it needs a good scrub before I can move in, not impressed we left it an extra day to collect the keys so they would have time to do a proper job. The shower rail is also broken but that has to go through the letting agent to the landlord before they'll do anything about it :mad: so not a good start to our tenancy! Hopefully it'll all get sorted, not moving in til its clean though.

Breakfast was some cherries and just had a banana, goodness knows what food will be like today!

Exhausted been cleaning all day and still got some more to do tomorrow before I move my things in. Apparently they weren't exactly honest about the cleaning process before new tenants move in, turns out the last tenants clean and send in pictures to the letting agent and that's it! They only come clean if the new tenants complain! Well the cleaners didnt turn up at lunch time today so we just got on and cleaned, rang the office and they said the cleaners would come at 6 but to be honest we've done loads and I know we'll do a good job so said dont bother. I'm a weird about things and get freaked out when things are dirty so have bought a new shower curtain and toilet seat lol. The toilet seat is pink and the shower curtain has duckies on it :D hope my flatmate doesnt mind lol she's been too busy working to come up so I made an executive decision!!! :rolleyes:
She did well yesterday though, managed to procure us a microwave, a blender and a george foreman grill from what the leaving students were leaving behind lol we sound like right scavengers! I wish she'd found a vacuum and an ice cream maker :cool: fingers crossed lol!

So food went a tad squiffy at lunch as had no food and needed to get my skates on so had a bowl of gluten free cornflakes and coconut milk.
Back on track this evening with chicken wings, cabbage and leeks and a small sweet potato, did well with my portion size too so happy about that!

Managed to rope my sister into cleaning today so off up to my flat after lunch, really hope we get all done as need to clean the old flat before I hand my keys back! I really hate cleaning lol

Today's food plan:

B: berry smoothie (was rather brown today but yummy all the same!)

L: tinned salmon with cabbage and leeks

D: chicken wings with stirfry veggies and maybe a small sweet potato

I bought a marrow yesterday, it was only a £ 1, think I might stuff some of it with savory mince one night, need to look for recipes for some other meals to cook with it.

:D Yipeee, we've finished cleaning then new flat finally!! Just got another car full of things to move tomorrow and clean the old flat and bobs y' uncle!
Can't wait to get all unpacked and sorted.
Also chuffed as I stuck to my food plan today :)

Don't know what tomorrow nights food will be yet, hopefully off to the cinema and for a costa's to thank my mum and lil sis for helping.

B: raspberry and coconut smoothie

L: tinned salmon with leftover stirfry

??

Finally all cleaned and things moved in to the new flat, old flat all clean and keys handed back and all set to move in tomorrow :) so relieved its all done, just need to sleep for a week now!! Got my results today, I've passed my first year of uni :D - did a lot better than I thought I would - and now excited for 2nd year in september.

The rest of today's food:
Had some dark chocolate after lunch

Dinner is gonna be my fav lamb ribs with onions, with some reheated leftover veggies and 1/2 a sweet potato (sharing it with my sis lol)
was sooo tempted to have a takeaway or something but off out for gluten free fish n chips on tues so thought I better save myself!

Decided to treat myself to some strawberries :D yum! Need to arrange to go strawberry picking soon

Absolutely shattered today and not feeling cracking to be honest, guess it was to be expected. Looking forward to having a quiet weekend!

Today's food:

Strawberries

leftover lamb with stir fry

Not sure on dinner yet, hoping I don't snack too much today!

All moved into my new place :) got It all to myself for the night before mu flatmate moves in tomorrow. Enjoyed watching the tennis today in between sorting things. Really need to sort some broadband out and not have to make the 250mb pf data I get on my phone stretch!

Didn't have any dinner tonight as I was too tired and its just so darn muggy warm. Had a snack this afternoon of some not-so-paleo gf oatcakes with butter and some clementines. I do like oats lol :rolleyes:

My new bed is sooo comfy! :) my flatmate in the process of moving in, so helping to lug her stuff up. Not had anything to eat yet, its roasting in the flat. Hoping to gp find a desl soon, can't sort some things out until I have one, had a productive morning and sorted broadband out, can't wait til its up amd running!

No idea what food will be like today, will play it by ear.

Back