Smart Points Pandabear's large weight-loss journey.

PandaNate

Silver Member
Hello!
Welcome to my Smartpoints - Weight Watchers food diary.

I'm Renate. I'm 27 and I started this journey at 18st 9lb. My heaviest.
I am top heavy, I am very big boobed, so I never look my weight and people are usually surprised when they learn of my weight.

I'm 5'6, this is new to me as for years I've been measured at 5'7 lol

Before I started losing weight, I had heart burn every day, after every meal, I woke with indigestion every morning which made me feel sick. I felt heavy and old, my skin was bad and I just hated myself. I have reached a size 22 and clothes are awful to find. I've discovered Next which is an amazing shop and I would never of guessed it. However I want to be able to shop anywhere, without having to ask if they stock my size.

Other reasons I want to lose this excess weight.
I want to be a thinner mother, for my own child's health and for when I actually get pregnant.
I want to be thinner, so I can see someone beautiful in my future wedding photos.
and lastly... I have an operation coming up to reposition my bladder due to some sort of prolapse.

I'll post my feelings here, my new food discoveries, my struggles and my day to day life. I may post a menu or two but I use the Weight Watchers app to track so don't really need anywhere else to do it.

ME Sports relief.jpg
Taken Friday for sport relief.

Hi Renate and Welcome :)

I would NEVER say that you looked your weight, you must have great posture or solid bones!!!!

Are u going to meetings for WW? When is your WI?

Serena x

Hello, I realised I've posted this in the wrong section - food diarys and have asked to have it moved to the right one.

It seems to be something everyone thinks, I was 15st for a long time and no one believed me haha. No, I am an online member only. I work 12-8 and am not in walking/running distance of a class in the morning and I don't drive so I decided to just do an online membership. I've done it before but this time I feel more dedicated.

I've had a rough weekend, and was ill today but I've been on plan all day. I wasn't on plan at the weekend but didn't eat much so I'm hoping with good days until Friday, I will be able to even it all out.

Do you follow propoints or smartpoints?

Hello, I realised I've posted this in the wrong section - food diarys and have asked to have it moved to the right one.

It seems to be something everyone thinks, I was 15st for a long time and no one believed me haha. No, I am an online member only. I work 12-8 and am not in walking/running distance of a class in the morning and I don't drive so I decided to just do an online membership. I've done it before but this time I feel more dedicated.

I've had a rough weekend, and was ill today but I've been on plan all day. I wasn't on plan at the weekend but didn't eat much so I'm hoping with good days until Friday, I will be able to even it all out.

Do you follow propoints or smartpoints?

How are you feeling today? I'm sure you will do just fine at Friday's WI, I am also a fellow Friday weigher! I follow PP as didn't want to learn a whole new plan, I got to goal on Friday, it took me 11 Weeks. X

How are you feeling today? I'm sure you will do just fine at Friday's WI, I am also a fellow Friday weigher! I follow PP as didn't want to learn a whole new plan, I got to goal on Friday, it took me 11 Weeks. X

As far as I can tell, Smartpoints seems to be 1 point more on most foods. I haven't done Weight Watchers since Discovery Points as I've always been a Slimming World person but I never managed more than a few months because the restrictions on certain foods were too high. I joined online so I could get this cashback thing for the first 3 months. 4 weeks in now.

Congratulations on getting to goal, now the challenge is to maintain it?

I've a good 8stone to go although I might stop at 5/6/7, I won't know until I get there.

I mainly picked Friday so I could be a little less strict over the weekend, not go off plan, but not feel too pressured.
I'm yet to put exercise other than my walk to work into the plan though. What do you do meal wise in the evenings and what exercise are you doing?

As far as I can tell, Smartpoints seems to be 1 point more on most foods. I haven't done Weight Watchers since Discovery Points as I've always been a Slimming World person but I never managed more than a few months because the restrictions on certain foods were too high. I joined online so I could get this cashback thing for the first 3 months. 4 weeks in now.

Congratulations on getting to goal, now the challenge is to maintain it?

I've a good 8stone to go although I might stop at 5/6/7, I won't know until I get there.

I mainly picked Friday so I could be a little less strict over the weekend, not go off plan, but not feel too pressured.
I'm yet to put exercise other than my walk to work into the plan though. What do you do meal wise in the evenings and what exercise are you doing?

Maintaining is definitely going to be the BIG challenge but I really hope I can do it this time!!! I was doing an exercise DVD 3 times a week but just been too tired/busy to do it lately, will maybe go back to it in the holidays. I just have proper dinners in the evening, nothing fancy, have a look in my food diary if u need some ideas as I upload a pic every night normally. X

Back