Parking across your drive!

My God, I wouldn't dream of parking in someone else's drive! What on earth goes on in people's heads to make them think that's ok?! I even get edgy if my other half edges onto a drive when he's doing a three point turn - some people!!

I actually asked him where he lived and when he asked why?, I said I was going to park in his driveway. He said ' you can't do that' to which I replied- why?? I'll only be 5 minutes.......'

This, combined with OH looking rather menacing meant he moved :D But still
- if not illegal, ad the very least disrepectful!

OMG i hate parking wars!!!

I used to live in a flat, and i had an allocated space (numbered) and there was always some boy racers parking in it who were visiting another flat. This usually happened on evenings i went to college and came back late.

I ended up using a visitor spot or parking in the road, later on moving my car back to its rightful spot once they left.

One time though i was super miffed (after this occuring 10 times maybe) and i just parked up the back of their car and popped a note on their car. They then had to come and ring my buzzer cos they couldnt get out the space, cos of the angle i had parked they were trapped.

I then explained i pay for the space, there are visitor spaces and i would appreciate them not using mine in future.

Problem Solved.

In other parking wars nightmares, my fella had someone SUPERGLUE a note to his car telling him that he was parked in their space (underground parking - unallocated too! so he wasnt even in a persons space -!!!!!) and he had to report it to the police as it meant a new windscreen!!!!

Some people.....x

People park across my MIL's drive she phones the council & they tow the car away. This has happened loads of times but last week she came out to find a brick in her back seat...they lobbed it through the back window...

oh my lord a brick through her back window! I rang the council but they werent there. Now i know they can tow it away i will be ringing if they return. I looked today (as i dont really take notice) and there is one of the white lines right across it and around the corner (were on the end) as its a junction....what was going on in their head!!

What a strange place to park to do something like that :S across another road wether it was a lane or not ha would have been funny if it was the police flashing them!

It was a lane off a lane and in fairness to them you could not see the house from where they were. Never-the-less the rudeness was uncalled for.

I've used permanent marker on someones windscreen once, I've also gouged the front wing of a car parked overhanging my drive, with my van's rear bumper.. ( their fault for blocking me in.. tough crap.. )

Ohhh I know all about this I have a primary school at BOTH ends of my road!!!! We paid a lit of money expand our driveway (lots of family visit etc) and it's a D shaped driveway so you can drive on one side and straight out the other without reversing if it's the only car - but people seem to think the extra space on our drive is so they can pick their kids up from school!?!?

Once I had a go at someone and he goes 'well it's a yellow line on the road love' ... Yes they put a yellow line down one side of our road because of the parking congestion cos parents were too lazy to walk an extra road to pick their kids up from school so they put a yellow line down one side!

I'm sorry but because youre not allowed to park on the road does NOT give you the right to help yourself to my driveway.

They also park on the actual pavement so if I go for a walk with my son or take the buggy I have to walk in the middle of a busy road

Arrerggghhhhhhj

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

find a neighbour and block them in so tight they cant get there car out and then when they knock on your door dont answer and leave it like that for a couple of hours!!!!!! if they knock your car trying to get out make sure you have taken their number and report them for criminal damage to your vehicle !!!!

They also park on the actual pavement so if I go for a walk with my son or take the buggy I have to walk in the middle of a busy road

^^^^if that was me id squeeze thru the gap......if u scratch their car its there tough luck......u shudnt put urself or ur little ones at risk cos of there selfish drivin.....they wud soon learn that a pavement is for pedestrians! And wud learn the hard way :D

My experience at home we have an open double driveway.....the amount of times someone visiting the neighbour pulls outside n blocks me in... One example is they were in the car n blatantly new i was waitin to go n wudnt move so i kept drivin towards the car to the point that they fort i was goin to hit it still wouldnt move so fort id make them look a tw*t and kept my hand on my horn till they budged :D and then gave them a few gestures haha! Wots wrong with blockin the drive of the neighbours there bloody visitin ass's!!

Another i used to collect children from a local school situated at the end of cul de sac off a very busy road! Anyway its chaos to park down with it bein so small and narrow and i found a space outside an old ladys house.....she had a huge empty driveway so i parked just in front of her hedge to the right of the drive and NOT blockin it as i hate it myself! Next minute as im lockin the car to get the kids an old lady comes marchin out.....'move your car!'.....i looked to see if i was blockin the drive which i was well away from....'the doctors comin round n needs to park there!' well i would of moved if she didnt have a drive and im sure the doc wud have swung in there.....i just turned around n said 'im not mountin the kerb, im not blockin ur drive, im not on double yellows and i pay my bloody tax so no im not movin so go back in n jog on! Lets
Just say she looked in horror and jst shut the door.....im sorry bt jst cos im young they think they can b busybodys well not with me love!

X

lauratrev said:

^^^^if that was me id squeeze thru the gap......if u scratch their car its there tough luck......u shudnt put urself or ur little ones at risk cos of there selfish drivin.....they wud soon learn that a pavement is for pedestrians! And wud learn the hard way :D

My experience at home we have an open double driveway.....the amount of times someone visiting the neighbour pulls outside n blocks me in... One example is they were in the car n blatantly new i was waitin to go n wudnt move so i kept drivin towards the car to the point that they fort i was goin to hit it still wouldnt move so fort id make them look a tw*t and kept my hand on my horn till they budged :D and then gave them a few gestures haha! Wots wrong with blockin the drive of the neighbours there bloody visitin ass's!!

Another i used to collect children from a local school situated at the end of cul de sac off a very busy road! Anyway its chaos to park down with it bein so small and narrow and i found a space outside an old ladys house.....she had a huge empty driveway so i parked just in front of her hedge to the right of the drive and NOT blockin it as i hate it myself! Next minute as im lockin the car to get the kids an old lady comes marchin out.....'move your car!'.....i looked to see if i was blockin the drive which i was well away from....'the doctors comin round n needs to park there!' well i would of moved if she didnt have a drive and im sure the doc wud have swung in there.....i just turned around n said 'im not mountin the kerb, im not blockin ur drive, im not on double yellows and i pay my bloody tax so no im not movin so go back in n jog on! Lets
Just say she looked in horror and jst shut the door.....im sorry bt jst cos im young they think they can b busybodys well not with me love!

X

I always squeeze through. Ohhhhh dear ive scratched ur car Oppps. The worst one was a disabled persons car was parked right on the pavement on a busy high street. I couldn't get past and no way was walking on road. So i saw her in the shop and told her. She was like but im disabled~ yes love its still illegal to park on a footpath you dozy cow then i asked how she expected a wheelchair user to get past?? that stumped her. Then i asked"accidently" scratched her car when squeezing past then told her. Grrrrr. Rant over xx

Ohhh that gets right on my t*ts! Disabled people who think they can park in parent and child bays............phwoooooarrrr!!! most of them have noting wrong with them at all and they think they can put a childs life in danger!! Sorry if anyone on heres disabled but i really think theres enough disabled spots without having to take parent and child bays!

I think its okay for blue badge holders to park on the parent & child bays if they have a disabled child with them! People who aren't disabled but park in the disabled bays are most inconsiderate though and it happens so much that i imagine disabled people can't use the disabled spaces and so they use the parent & child spaces instead!

Did anyone see this on the One Show last night? They showed someone barge a car out of the way who was blocking their garage. That driver was fined either 2000 or 3000 pounds!

According to the Highway Code you should not park over an entrance to a property (or words to that effect) but it doesn't say you can cause criminal damage if it annoys you! I'd be a bit careful scratching cars, writing on windscreens and letting tyres down....... I really did feel sorry for the guy though, even though he was daft - he shoved the other car right into the middle of the road!!

Was quite topical to see this on the programme though after discussing it on here.

Think the only people who can get away with causing damage are emergency services. My neighbour got so fed up with people parking across both our drives he got a clamping license and started charging people to take it off! As long as there is a sign warning them you can do it. Plus they were parking on double yellows.

Well yea if they have a disabled child thats different. I mean oldies classing themselves as disabled and parking in parent spaces i dont do it to them! yet ive had to squash a car seat out of the tiniest spaces because of them. Not sure ive seen anyone thats not meant to be ina disbaled space in one as of yet. They actually need people patrolling carparks to stop all of this.

And wow bashing the car out of the way someone suggested that to me but i like my car!

I know a women who uses her sons disabled badge when he's not with her to park in the disabled bays.

Also a builder who uses his mothers pass to park in the hospital disabled bay while he's working. I wanted to grass him up but he's moved onto working somewhere else now.

Back