Parking across your drive!

Just bringing this back to the original subject.... My neighbours have two cars and one is constantly parked across the front of my house, so he doesn't block his own drive... There's still room for him to park in front of his own property. It means that when I have visitors they have to park away from my house. I've given up asking him to pull forward when I'm expecting visitors, he usually tells me I don't own the road in front of my house. I told him neither did he.

Anyway karma has a funny way of dealing with things because one windy winter one of my roof tiles blew off my house and made a right mess of the side of his car he he. He tried to get me to pay for the damage, but I explained that if he hadn't been parked in front of my property his car wouldn't have been damaged!! What could he say to that?? Still hasn't learned though :(

I have to say that made me LMAO! Karma is a B*tch....:rolleyes:

I love karma!!

It is easy to pick and choose to suit your arguement, there is papers for and against on this issues.

From an interview with the doctor that literally wrote the book on mental disorders..

I did read the figures wrong, it's 30% wrongly diagnosed, not 1 in 30..

one of several articles I read all saying pretty muchthe same thing..

No I don't have children but why does that make me less "qualified" to read articles about something medical and make an opinion of it?
I'm as entitled to my opinions as you are and because I actually voiced my opinon on a subject doesn't negate those of other people.

It had however also moved back onto topic again :)

I tried :(

Seems a bit much to close a topic just because someone's said something outrageous that's riled, or perhaps offended or insulted people. Why not leave it up for discussion? It would provide an opportunity for understanding such issues. Similarly ColJack, seems a bit 'flouncy' to unsubscribe because you're being challenged, a bit like 'say your piece and run' when you're questioned rather than applauded.
I'm intrigued by the 'autistic spectrum' conditions, and keen to learn from anyone with experience in working with diagnosed children, whether from an education, medical, social care background or parenting experience. I am far less keen however on daily mailesque generalisations and rantings and will avoid this like the plague, hence my asking where your expertise lies, ColJack

I know it's off topic now but I must reply to col jack.

My son sits in the front of the car as he is physically violent to his siblings if he sits in the back.

My son is adopted from the most utterly appaling situation that for the grace of god many of you have not experienced.

These experiences have caused him brain damage and life long mental health difficulties.

He was diagnosed with ADHD and 3 other more obsure but disabling mental health disorders that will be life long including post traumatic trauma and night terrors every night, by Great Ormond Street trauma team.

He is a baby Peter who survived but his scars are not physical but will haunt him for the rest of his life. I cannot repeat his abuse as it's confidential but by god Col Jack you have it so wrong and no I dont sit him in front of the telly feeding him e numbers - the child is too busy with psychiatry appointments to laze about all day and I really feel you have overstepped the mark.

I use a p and c space rather than a disabled space and thats all I was talking about which was relevant to the thread.

Ruby-Dooby-Dooo said:
Loves to you and your boy Lucia x

Couldn't agree more - after all your hard working with someone with such issues, you can park where you bloomin' well like in my book!

On another note, the whole disabled badge scheme needs looking at completely. One of my best friends has had serious back problems since he was 14. He's never worked because of this and there are days when he can't get out of bed. He's had four major operations (including a spinal fusion) and despite being fortunate enough to have a very wealthy older brother and being seen by the best doctors in the world,nobody is able to help him. He is lucky to have a brother who supports him financially. But for example, there are three cinemas near where we live and he has to go to the one which has 'normal' parking spaces nearest the entrance, so he doesn't have to walk as far. But yet, he has been rejected three times for a blue badge, because they can't diagnose him with a specific issue.

I, on the other hand, could get one as I suffer from an IBD and if I'm having a flare up, they'll consider me for one in case I need the loo urgently?! Ridiculous!

I also think that temporary disabled permits would be helpful too. I suffered a serious injury to my leg which left me on crutches for a few weeks. I found it very difficult to get about even though I could borrow dads automatic car, because parking was a nightmare, even for my hospital appointments I had to park far away and it took me a long time and much pain to just make it to the front door of the hospital. I would never dream of parking in a p&c or disabled space, even then. But it would seriously have helped me to have a temporary badge.

Back onto parking, I left for shops this morning and someone had parked at the give way at the end of the street, like where you would stop to giveway. So to get onto the main road you would have to leave the giveway via the righthand side lane against oncoming traffic.

Ragin' and there was lots of parking in the street! I don't get it.

Think this kind of irresponsible parking is mainly down to not thinking at all - or pure lazyness- both are pretty pathetic imho

I have quite a long front drive which will comfortably take two - at a push three - cars as long as they're not too long.

My particular bugbear is that it gets used by random drivers to turn around - some cheeky beggar just pulled right onto the drive (I saw the lights and thought we had visitors :D) - by the time I opened the front door with a welcoming smile on my face he/she had buggered off. :mad::mad:

Back