Partner says i look fat :(

Thankyou all. X I thought he liked me for me but I guess he has a problem with me putting on a little weight he used to tell me I didn't need to lose weight n I looked good but now I guess he's changed his mind xxx oo will do take the advice and will let you all know his reaction xxxx

sw girl liss xxx

I think you look lovely the top is nice & fits well not too big or too tight.

My only thoughts are; men just don't know how to use the right words when expressing themselves to us females, possibly what he is trying to say is you've still got some to lose & just didn't add how nice you look.

I hope by now you've got over his comment & feel more confident & happy with yourself.;)

Happy Holidays said:
I think you look lovely the top is nice & fits well not too big or too tight.

My only thoughts are; men just don't know how to use the right words when expressing themselves to us females, possibly what he is trying to say is you've still got some to lose & just didn't add how nice you look.

I hope by now you've got over his comment & feel more confident & happy with yourself.;)

Thankyou. Yea kinda over it a little altho it still hurts that my partner said it xxxx

sw girl liss xxx

I don't think you look fat but I do think you need a new boyfriend. That comment was not just honest it was rude and unnecessary. My husband would never disrespect me like that. You look fine and I'm sure your feeling better and better on slimming world x

That comment makes me want to slap HIM and his mother! Obviously never taught him the phrase "if you can't say anything nice, say nothing!"

Is he perfect? No!

I'd text back with, 'thanks for your text, can I be honest and tell you it makes you look like a pr!ck?'

You look gorgeous, (12 stone is my TARGET weight). Is he always that uncaring or is he feeling threatened By your general fabulousness?????/

You look lovely huni. Maybe he thought the top wasn't flattering??? My hubby used to say to me "you're not wearing that out are you?" until I threatened to butcher his anatomy.

Oh my goodness!!! If my hubby said that to me I would go into kill mode!!! I don't want to ruin your relationship by getting you to point out all of his many imperfections but feel free to get angry about him saying that to you. You must never let a chap talk to you like that.

Get him to show how sorry he is by getting you a new super slinky top!

Please ignore him as he is clearly rude. No one who truly loved you would be that insensitive so perhaps it's time you ditched him? My friend Jo has a similar new boyfriend who refused to add her as his girlfriend on Facebook because he "didnt want people to know he was dating a fat girl". She is a size 14, gorgeous and blonde and looks like a page 3 model! He also drove her to the gym every day after work and made her work out for an hour every day, even on days when we wanted her to come out with us because he didn't want her to be a "fat bridesmaid" at her sister's wedding! He is a horrible little man and because of him I've seen her change from an ultra confident bubbly diva into a doormat and it doesn't seem to matter what we say to her she is still convinced she is a whale and that he is a god. Please don't let your boyfriend do the same to you!

Please ignore him as he is clearly rude. No one who truly loved you would be that insensitive so perhaps it's time you ditched him? My friend Jo has a similar new boyfriend who refused to add her as his girlfriend on Facebook because he "didnt want people to know he was dating a fat girl". She is a size 14, gorgeous and blonde and looks like a page 3 model! He also drove her to the gym every day after work and made her work out for an hour every day, even on days when we wanted her to come out with us because he didn't want her to be a "fat bridesmaid" at her sister's wedding! He is a horrible little man and because of him I've seen her change from an ultra confident bubbly diva into a doormat and it doesn't seem to matter what we say to her she is still convinced she is a whale and that he is a god. Please don't let your boyfriend do the same to you!

Wanna put a contract on him? What a vile little man!

It looks like some of us girlies need to lose more weight than some of us realise....... Get to target and the dump the extra couple of hundred of pounds that have made you feel so bad! My hubbie is so supportive and would never say anything like that..... It's for reasons like this that he is my hubbie x

Geemav said:
It looks like some of us girlies need to lose more weight than some of us realise....... Get to target and the dump the extra couple of hundred of pounds that have made you feel so bad! My hubbie is so supportive and would never say anything like that..... It's for reasons like this that he is my hubbie x

I agree. My fiancé is lovely. When I met him I was 4 stone lighter than I am now (but still about 4 stone overweight) and he's never once mentioned my weight! He's always said that he loves me no matter what but he's very supportive about me doing SW as he also wants to lose 2 stone before the wedding next year. I would never put up with a boyfriend insulting me. Life's too short to be made to feel sh*t about yourself by the one person that's supposed to love you unconditionally.

My fiancee once gave me a very backhanded compliment about my weight loss saying that my tummy no longer looked like a big mac!!! He truly couldn't see why his comment upset me and he said that it didn't like that now. I think men are completely daft at times and don't understand the way a woman's brain works especially when it comes to looks/weight etc. Even though I know my fella loves me he hardly ever tells me that I look lovely etc but I think that is just his way.

It does sound like your bf was particularly mean and you shouldn't listen to him xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'd dump the prat.

There's no need for nastiness from anyone, let alone someone that is meant to love you, support you and generally think an awful lot of you!

If a stranger on the street called me fat, I would be upset, let alone someone I was in a relationship with... Apologies if my post seem a little drastic but just my two pennies worth.

WhitePigeon said:
I'd dump the prat.

There's no need for nastiness from anyone, let alone someone that is meant to love you, support you and generally think an awful lot of you!

If a stranger on the street called me fat, I would be upset, let alone someone I was in a relationship with... Apologies if my post seem a little drastic but just my two pennies worth.

Totally agree.

lisia said:
Ok so I just sent my partner this pic of me as he lives a hour away iv not seen him in a few weeks his reply was I will be honest you look fat what do you weigh now?
I thought I was looking good I guess not :(

sw girl liss xxx

All I can say is he is a total KNOB HEAD and YOU ARE NOT FAT! :)

I actually think the real problem is not that he made a comment about your weight. We've all said thoughtless things that are hurtful to people we love. The real problem is his 'I was just being honest' defense when told he has been hurtful. Most people when told outright they have upset someone will apologise for it - not try and defend it.

I'd dump the prat.

I'm glad you said that I was thinking exactly the same thing when I read his comments!!

If he loved you he would never say that - I am not denying if I piled on 6 stone my hubby would probably be less attracted to me, but he would never stop loving me.

Positive comments such as - shall we start eating healthy and get fit together? Not saying anyone is fat just promoting a healthy ethos between you both.

Im sorry if it offends you in anyway as thats your partner, but he is a complete tool for saying that!

Back