party advice

chele80

On a mission
help! I am going to a hen weekend on Friday to newcastle. I booked and paid for my room and train tickets before I started lt. Now I really dont fancy going. My friend doesn't know what I'm doing n I might have to let her know. I'm not worried shot temptation but just don't fancy going out on a whole weekend with everyone else eating n drinking as I won't enjoy it. What shall I do?!!

Hi hun im in the same prediciment ive got a hen do on saturday im not bothered about not eating its the drinking but im gonna stick to water xxxxxxxxxxx

I would cancel and see if you can get anyone else to have your tickets etc.... or go and chill use the hotel facilities and pamper yourself at nights while they go out, but, be there for you friend during the day?

Hi Chele,

That's a tricky one but I would go as it would upset your friend more if you don't go than if you don't drink.

Stick to water (can't have alcohol on antibiltics?!) and either miss the food by doing as Nic suggests or tell them you are on LT or a detox and won't eat but you will join them to keep them company.

You know your friends better than any of us so you know which strategy will work best.

Good luck hun.

x

I would go, you never know you might enjoy yourself. I've had some fab nights out drinking water, while they all have hangovers the next day you'll feel fresh as a daisy.

ok I made a decision. They have a meal booked on friday night at 8.30 and my train doesn't arrive til 8.36 so will tell them I am going to check into the hotel and just stay there. I will phone my friend tomorrow and explain I am on LT and that I still want to come to help her celebrate. The Sat night I will stick to the fizz (water that is) and keep my chin up and just have a laugh.
The we're coming home sunday dinner time.

I need to get a mixer for the weekend though!

Once I fess up to LT they will understand!
thanks ladies!

Good plan batman!!!

I think we all need to put ourselves out there once in a while - how will we learn all the coping strategies we need if we avoid the experiences?

Good luck hun, we will all be rooting for ya!!

:D

omg just found out we're going to an adonis type stripper show thing. OMG

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

Well if that doesn't take your mind of food I don't know what will!!!! Unless you're partial to sausage!!! Lol!!!

x

Back