Pasta - how to measure?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by fattytothinny2007, 6 February 2008 Social URL.

1. fattytothinny2007

fattytothinny2007 Full Member

hi

just went to have pasta, and pointed it for 4 oz weighed when dry, but this seems a huge amount when cooked?

are the points for say, 100g dry, or 100g cooked? (ie cook it then weigh out the portion)

thanks!

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

It should give the nutritional information for both dried and cooked pasta on the back of the packet (I think it does on the Tesco stuff that I buy). 100g of dried pasta (the one I buy) is 5 points, so I always measure out 80g of dried pasta for 4 points and cook that separately from OH's and bub's so I know I have the right amount.

Not sure if that really answers your question, but thought I'd share anyway, lol.

Mini likes this.
  4. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

i love pasta but i have to stay away from it as i could eat loads of itx

5. fattytothinny2007

nice, i pointed 5 points for it :D

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  7. fattytothinny2007

lol well tonight i did 2 oz dry weight rice, quorn and an egg in with spray oil for egg fried rice with tons of 0 point veg

loving ww!

8. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

so glad you are lovey ,it gives us so much freedom x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.