Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

You know how the book says prepare like you would the actual op walking 20 mins per day and cutting out the sugar and fat. Did you skip the prep and fit the band without it?

I couldn't physically walk 20 minutes per day before the plan, but I did try to be more active, and I was sick for 2 weeks prior to installing the band, so I wasn't eating much fat or sugar anyway.. Xx

Hi Pinkylous and welcome! You sound like most of us when it comes to diets! They do work, but never ever long term! I once thought SW was the best thing since sliced bread after losing 4st and became a Consultant. Despite that, my weight slowly went back on! SW and other diet clubs, pride themselves in their success stories, but they fail to mention that the percentage of people reaching their target weight and maintaining it is so tiny, it's not even worth mentioning! But that's what they bargain on! People lose weight, gain and because it came off first time round, they come back!
If they really cared, they would be a registered charity!
I only did "I can make you thin" for 3 weeks and now moved on to the Gastric band system. Only been doing it a few days, but it seems to be working!
Good luck with your effort and let us know how you are getting on! :)

Edited to add:
If you look the word "PIG" up in a dictionary, you'll probably find a photo of me! LOL
Now, in the name of Science, or because I didn't quite believed this works, I bought my favourite cookies earlier.
M&S double chocolate, pack of 5 huge, gorgeous cookies! This would previously only been a snack, eaten quickly and then the wrappers hidden under other rubbish in the bin, so nobody knew how much I ate again!
Got home, made myself a cup of coffee and sat down with my drink and cookies, ate 1, started the 2nd and half way through, felt nauseous. I really had to stop eating, I felt sick!
Now this has never ever happened before! This is bordering on witchcraft LOL
Am I turning into a hypnosis believer?

This comment actually made me feel quite sad. I am working hard to lose weight with SW and to hear such negative comments regarding the plan has made me feel quite depressed

I'm sure we all have tried many different diets, obviously some work for some, and some work for others, and we all hold opinions on them.

I'm sure the comments on other diets where not meant to upset personally, and are merely a personal observation.

It is very true that if we don't eat enough calories then we will lose weight, but the reprocussions of this isn't great. Please don't think that the Paul McKenna band is a low calorie diet, as in my case, I eat healthily, and well, and have never in 20 years had so much energy..

Each to their own.

good luck on your paths

xxxx

This comment actually made me feel quite sad. I am working hard to lose weight with SW and to hear such negative comments regarding the plan has made me feel quite depressed
I am really sorry Ican. Honestly didn't mean to upset anyone! My comment was merely my personal view. We all should do, what we believe works best for us.
I think that over the years, diet after diet, I have become somewhat bitter when it comes to dieting! I never used to be overweight and when I started my first diet at the age of 30yrs, I weighed 9st10lbs. I only wanted to lose a few lbs, but that's when it all began. We are just never happy are we? :-(

Last edited:
I really want to try this band. I keep hovering over the book in the shops but in all honesty I am scared. Do you eat if you are hungry? What happens when you reach your target? How do you then stop losing weight? Do you eat enough food? enough calories?

I really want to try this band. I keep hovering over the book in the shops but in all honesty I am scared. Do you eat if you are hungry? What happens when you reach your target? How do you then stop losing weight? Do you eat enough food? enough calories?

You do eat when your hungry, and stop when you are full... You have to re listen to the cd every month so that the 'band' can be adjusted, so if you are where you want to be, then it will stop.. It's not like you will keep losing and losing until you are like a stick insect...lol.. I am sure common sense prevails.

your body is a machine, and a fine one at that, hunger signs are there for a reason, so we know when to eat, and the same when to stop. You need to eat the right food, and food you enjoy, otherwise it will feel the same as other diets where you have to eat diet food, and when you reach your target you go back to eating 'normal' food and the weight goes back on.

it isn't a magic wand, you need to use your will power and head too.. If you think you are low on calories, then eat more, its that simple.

i personally think this book is aimed at obese people, as is the real surgical gastric band. It has worked wonders for me, but again, I have loads to lose.

wishing you lots of luck on any plan you choose... Remember will power is the only thing in all honesty that will help you on your way.

xxxxx

You do eat when your hungry, and stop when you are full... You have to re listen to the cd every month so that the 'band' can be adjusted, so if you are where you want to be, then it will stop.. It's not like you will keep losing and losing until you are like a stick insect...lol.. I am sure common sense prevails.

your body is a machine, and a fine one at that, hunger signs are there for a reason, so we know when to eat, and the same when to stop. You need to eat the right food, and food you enjoy, otherwise it will feel the same as other diets where you have to eat diet food, and when you reach your target you go back to eating 'normal' food and the weight goes back on.

it isn't a magic wand, you need to use your will power and head too.. If you think you are low on calories, then eat more, its that simple.

i personally think this book is aimed at obese people, as is the real surgical gastric band. It has worked wonders for me, but again, I have loads to lose.

wishing you lots of luck on any plan you choose... Remember will power is the only thing in all honesty that will help you on your way.

xxxxx

Thank you. I have just called the local book store who have it in stock so I am going to collect a copy tomorrow and use it along side slimming world as I feel I need the meetings to keep me going. I have around 12 stone to lose so hoping it will help me. Thank you for your support xx

Thank you. I have just called the local book store who have it in stock so I am going to collect a copy tomorrow and use it along side slimming world as I feel I need the meetings to keep me going. I have around 12 stone to lose so hoping it will help me. Thank you for your support xx

Thats a fab idea, my friend has done the same, and she has had some lovely steady losses.

i had 15 stone to lose, but now I just 6.5 stone to go.

please keep me updated and best if luck

Well I've been really bad about logging into Minimims but I'm still listening to 'I Can Make You Slim' and enjoying eating what I like and have lost another 7lbs over the last few weeks :) Reasonably slow but steady losses considering how much I've upped my excersise, but I'm still really happy with that as its great feeling so in control of what I'm eating and I'm still not feeling like I'm missing out at all, and I also have loads more energy than I used to have.

Oddly, I had what I though was a really bad day yesterday because circumstances dictated what I ate as we were out all day and choices were very limited, and despite the fact I still only had about 1400 calories (lol I worked it out later on in a fit of paranoia!) I felt really dissapointed in myself which put me in a foul mood! Feeling great gin today though lol and spent a couple of hours clearing a load if rubble in the garden to make up for yesterday :)

I've read my book up until the four golden rules and I just can't read any further. I don't know if its because I feel like I haven't taken any of the book in to until now or what but its like a physical barrier stopping me from reading on :0(

I'm normally really quick at reading books but for some reason this one is not pulling me in.

I think that's a great idea too! There's nothing like a 'body image' session to keep you going! As you've probably seen on earlier entries I lost weight with SW and really enjoyed the process, but got stuck and called target because I just couldn't get any lower (although I was still over weight, in my view). It is very easy to fall off the wagon with SW and very hard to get back on track, which I think is where the other lady is coming from. And so I think this will help you, there's no wagon to fall off for a start!
I got told off in the thread once for claiming that SW teaches you good habits - I stand by my comments - I personally think it does. You get into good habits preparing meals from scratch, eating a variety of veggies and getting a taste for things you'd have never thought off.
So now you'll have all these tools in your tool box,the support of all of us on here and some very wise words ( see Miss Miffs entries)
Good Luck, Yvonne x

Hey everyone im new to this site. I found the thread searching on google for paul Mckennas gastric band results and omg how brilliant have you done missmiff? It's unbelievable have you done it just by this way or have you stopped yourself from eating bad stuff? I've got my book I'm just working myself up to read it. I'm struggling to believe it will work for me. I've done weight watchers and slimming world and they all work but then I get bored of not being able to eat what I want then its bye bye diet and weight loss and hello even more weight. Recently been told that I need to lose weight to successfully succeed in getting pregnant and cut my chances of miscarriage (doc basically said I miscarried cos I was fat, horrid woman) anyway, I need a support group x

Welcome! My heart goes out to you my lovely. I've never been able to carry a baby to term ( and I'm in my forties now - so no chance), and I wasn't very over weight in any of my pregnancies - so don't get hung up about the docs comments. But maybe he's given you the wake up call you needed. You've got the upper hand, you can lose weight and have the life you want.
Paul McKenna says you don't have to believe it will work for you, just read the book, listen to the CD and let the words wash over you.
Follow the Golden Rules every day, use your head and trust yourself.
Looking forward to following your progress.
Best wishes, Yvonne x

I am really sorry Ican. Honestly didn't mean to upset anyone! My comment was merely my personal view. We all should do, what we believe works best for us.
I think that over the years, diet after diet, I have become somewhat bitter when it comes to dieting! I never used to be overweight and when I started my first diet at the age of 30yrs, I weighed 9st10lbs. I only wanted to lose a few lbs, but that's when it all began. We are just never happy are we? :-(

XXX

Well I've been really bad about logging into Minimims but I'm still listening to 'I Can Make You Slim' and enjoying eating what I like and have lost another 7lbs over the last few weeks :) Reasonably slow but steady losses considering how much I've upped my excersise, but I'm still really happy with that as its great feeling so in control of what I'm eating and I'm still not feeling like I'm missing out at all, and I also have loads more energy than I used to have.

Oddly, I had what I though was a really bad day yesterday because circumstances dictated what I ate as we were out all day and choices were very limited, and despite the fact I still only had about 1400 calories (lol I worked it out later on in a fit of paranoia!) I felt really dissapointed in myself which put me in a foul mood! Feeling great gin today though lol and spent a couple of hours clearing a load if rubble in the garden to make up for yesterday :)

Well done for picking yourself up again! I've had a bit of a day today, BBQ in the garden with nibbles, dips and snacks. I'm usually ok, but with a glass of rosé in my hand and chatting away I wasn't eating
But I was not eating consciously, not savouring anything, just chucking it down my throat! Feel horrible now and bloated! BUT - there is an up side.............
I've been struggling to recognise hungry and full recently and so I'm going to remember this feeling and use it to recall how I felt, when I'm in trance. Every cloud and all that .........!
X

Well done for picking yourself up again! I've had a bit of a day today, BBQ in the garden with nibbles, dips and snacks. I'm usually ok, but with a glass of rosé in my hand and chatting away I wasn't eating
But I was not eating consciously, not savouring anything, just chucking it down my throat! Feel horrible now and bloated! BUT - there is an up side.............
I've been struggling to recognise hungry and full recently and so I'm going to remember this feeling and use it to recall how I felt, when I'm in trance. Every cloud and all that .........!
X

That should read a glass of rosé ........ And wasn't eating consciously
Not sure what happened there.............maybe too much rose.......LOL

Hey everyone im new to this site. I found the thread searching on google for paul Mckennas gastric band results and omg how brilliant have you done missmiff? It's unbelievable have you done it just by this way or have you stopped yourself from eating bad stuff? I've got my book I'm just working myself up to read it. I'm struggling to believe it will work for me. I've done weight watchers and slimming world and they all work but then I get bored of not being able to eat what I want then its bye bye diet and weight loss and hello even more weight. Recently been told that I need to lose weight to successfully succeed in getting pregnant and cut my chances of miscarriage (doc basically said I miscarried cos I was fat, horrid woman) anyway, I need a support group x

I am so sorry your doctor said that to you. Some people have no tact at all. I lost 3 babies to miscarriage and my son was stillborn. None of this was a direct result of my weight. I have carried 3 healthy babies to term. They are 10, 2 and 7 weeks old. If you need to have a chat please message me xx

Thanks for your messages girls it means a lot

I think my doc is being way harsh but its what I needed to hear. There's a lot of people I know who's gotten pregnant and are bigger than me BUT they have had some problems whilst pregnant

So I guess I need to lose the weight to have a healthy pregnancy too. Just don't understand how it can be so easy for others to get pregnant and really hard for me

Back