Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

On another note have you ever tried to 'chew' beans and mash 20 times? Not pleasant! It worked though only ate half of it but that's probably just because I couldn't stand the texture any longer.

I tell you what I did find hard was not having a drink with my dinner. No likey!

On another note have you ever tried to 'chew' beans and mash 20 times? Not pleasant! It worked though only ate half of it but that's probably just because I couldn't stand the texture any longer.

I tell you what I did find hard was not having a drink with my dinner. No likey!

You think thats bad... try chewing weetabix, its like mission impossible.

I found the drink with food thing hard... I do now have a drink with my dinner, it doesnt seem to have made much difference to me.. x

Yeah the chewing thing can be a bit odd can't it? Some foods just don't have 'chew ability', do they? I have granola with raspberries and Greek yoghurt for brekkie. The raspberries are just not man enough to stand much chewing and you have to do a part swallow. Then after 20 or so chews you're left with a sort of gravelly feeling in your mouth.........
It's yummy to start with though, so I bear with it..............! X

Well I listened to my cd last night and I can honestly say I really don't think this going to work for me.

I was conscious throughout the whole thing. When he was saying you'll feel sleepy all I could think was nope nope I don't.

It'll be your subconscious listening to me now - nope just me.

And now I will count to 10 and you will awake - I'm already awake!!!!

No matter how hard I tried to drift off I just could not. I'm gutted :0(

Why are you gutted?... I was exactly the same...To tell you the honest truth.. I was thinking. 'Shut up Paul, you sound like a right wally'... But it worked!..

I just really don't think I took anything in consciously or subconsciously :0( I was thinking exactly like you seriously shut up your voice is stopping me from drifting like your telling me to.

I didn't feel like I was in a trance at all and when he was saying you'll feel like you can't move your legs I actually purposely moved my legs and thought yeh didn't think it was working

If like you say you thought kind of the same then hopefully it'll have the same effect on me but I really don't think it will.

The only difference I can say is that I've picked my granola bar up 3 times this morning and put it back thinking no your not hungry so your not eating yet but like always with diets I don't ever feel hungry until lunch so end up missing out on the most important meal of the day

I listened to the c.d for the first time last night too. And didn't feel like I was in a trance or sleepy either. It was just nice and relaxing for me. So I didn't think it had worked. But this morning I could only manage half my normal breakfast. The rest of the day has been like this too. I'm so impressed! I can't believe it's actually working! I'm so shocked.

I listened to the c.d for the first time last night too. And didn't feel like I was in a trance or sleepy either. It was just nice and relaxing for me. So I didn't think it had worked. But this morning I could only manage half my normal breakfast. The rest of the day has been like this too. I'm so impressed! I can't believe it's actually working! I'm so shocked.

I noticed I didn't eat all my salad at dinner but I'm putting that down do I spent most of my time chewing I didn't have time to eat the whole thing on my break

I've ate all my tea as I didn't feel full until I had finished.

I really think its not going to work for me but changing my habits for chewing more often and eating only when hungry might help but I could have googled that info without spending money on the book :0(

Dont give up on day one!.. As ive said a million times before, you need will power too... please give it a few more days at least!

You really need to think positive, as by saying it wont work, and your glad you didnt spend money on the book is all far too negative..

I fully understand that it doesnt work for all people, but please, dont give up yet.

Dont give up on day one!.. As ive said a million times before, you need will power too... please give it a few more days at least!

You really need to think positive, as by saying it wont work, and your glad you didnt spend money on the book is all far too negative..

I fully understand that it doesnt work for all people, but please, dont give up yet.

Thanks miss miff - struggling at the minute to stay positive.

Going to listen to cd again tonight.

Well I listened to my cd last night and I can honestly say I really don't think this going to work for me.

I was conscious throughout the whole thing. When he was saying you'll feel sleepy all I could think was nope nope I don't.

It'll be your subconscious listening to me now - nope just me.

And now I will count to 10 and you will awake - I'm already awake!!!!

No matter how hard I tried to drift off I just could not. I'm gutted :0(

Hi Pinky,
I am always conscious during the HGB trance and never feel sleepy. You did make me smile with the subconscious comment - how would you know it's your subconscious...........?
I would say ( and I hope you don't mind me doing so) stop trying to test it (moving your legs, the no I'm not comments) and just go with it. Just lie peacefully and listen to the words and just accept it for what it is, otherwise you're going to send yourself nuts!
Don't give up yet, give yourself a chance. X

Wise words Miss Miff, you need to contribute your side of the bargain, ie following the Golden Rules and using your own will.
By the way, don't know about you, but I know the CD so well now that I know what's coming next and when its a bit that i find amusing ( like the way Mr P says anesthetic) I now have a little chuckle. And you're right, he does sound like a right wally! Every so often though I hear something that I don't think I've heard before..........weird......maybe the messages are processed by your brain in different ways when needed?
Is it your 5k at the weekend? Good luck x

Miss Miff - just looked back and looks like you've already done your Race for Life. How did it go Hun? X

It happened on Tuesday.. And it was brilliant.. I did it with my 18 year old daughter, and it was so very hot and muggy even tho it was at 7pm...

When I walk normally I can manage 3-4k in about 1 hour, so I figured it would take me about 1 hour 25 mins. But I actually did it in 1 hour 5 minutes... I did feel it afterwards, as I don't think I've ever walked so far, so fast. When I finished I remember thinking.. I better lose 6lb this week or else.. But I only lost 0.5... Lol..

but I would do it all again in a heart beat.. When I finished I had a cry, and had to stop myself crying on the way round too.. I even cried this morning when I thought about it.. (Wally that I am)... as I have wanted to do this race for so so so long, too may years to mention, but being as heavy as I was, I just couldn't even think about it.

this is one achievement I will remember forever.. And hopefully next year, I'll jog it.

Jane xxxxx

You must be so proud of yourself Miss Miff, what a brilliant achievement!

Well I've had a 3lb loss this week - only another 2lb untill I'll have lost 3 stone in total (2 through hypnosis) so I'm really happy with how its going.

How are thins going for you Pinkylous? I was very skeptical at first aswell but I'm definately seeing results :)

Well I lost 3lbs in between Monday and Friday, decided my weigh in days are going to be Fridays.

I'm still not sure it's the "band" that's done it as I honestly don't get the immediate full feeling.

I am eating less but that's cos I'm giving myself smaller portions but I still thought I'd want to leave some of that.

For example I've been to McDonald's for lunch today (I'm a support worker on the weekend and really have No say on what we eat or when we eat its their choice and we have to go along with it) and had a chicken mayo meal (usually I'd chose a Big Mac) and I really thought that I'd want to stop after half the Burger and fries but no I still felt hungry and unsatisfied. The upside after finishing I did feel full and I know I won't snack in between lunch and tea AND before I would have had a Big Mac, large fries and a cheeseburger and possibly even a mcflurry and still snack.

I do think its helping me to be motivated to go for walks and make different choices for food and question whether I'm hungry before I eat but I don't think it's made me feel like my stomach is smaller. But I will persevere and keep listening to the cd every 2 days.

It happened on Tuesday.. And it was brilliant.. I did it with my 18 year old daughter, and it was so very hot and muggy even tho it was at 7pm...

When I walk normally I can manage 3-4k in about 1 hour, so I figured it would take me about 1 hour 25 mins. But I actually did it in 1 hour 5 minutes... I did feel it afterwards, as I don't think I've ever walked so far, so fast. When I finished I remember thinking.. I better lose 6lb this week or else.. But I only lost 0.5... Lol..

but I would do it all again in a heart beat.. When I finished I had a cry, and had to stop myself crying on the way round too.. I even cried this morning when I thought about it.. (Wally that I am)... as I have wanted to do this race for so so so long, too may years to mention, but being as heavy as I was, I just couldn't even think about it.

this is one achievement I will remember forever.. And hopefully next year, I'll jog it.

Jane xxxxx

Well done, what an achievement! You should be really proud. What a great day to be part of too. I'm so so glad you realised your dream - and it's all down to your hard work and commitment.
Yvonne xxxxx

Well I lost 3lbs in between Monday and Friday, decided my weigh in days are going to be Fridays.

I'm still not sure it's the "band" that's done it as I honestly don't get the immediate full feeling.

I am eating less but that's cos I'm giving myself smaller portions but I still thought I'd want to leave some of that.

For example I've been to McDonald's for lunch today (I'm a support worker on the weekend and really have No say on what we eat or when we eat its their choice and we have to go along with it) and had a chicken mayo meal (usually I'd chose a Big Mac) and I really thought that I'd want to stop after half the Burger and fries but no I still felt hungry and unsatisfied. The upside after finishing I did feel full and I know I won't snack in between lunch and tea AND before I would have had a Big Mac, large fries and a cheeseburger and possibly even a mcflurry and still snack.

I do think its helping me to be motivated to go for walks and make different choices for food and question whether I'm hungry before I eat but I don't think it's made me feel like my stomach is smaller. But I will persevere and keep listening to the cd every 2 days.

Sounds to me like you're giving it a real go and seeing results - that's great.
Loads of really positive stuff in there, going for walks, making good choices and questioning yourself - its all good and I guess these aren't things that you would have done pre HGB?
Well done xxxx

You must be so proud of yourself Miss Miff, what a brilliant achievement!

Well I've had a 3lb loss this week - only another 2lb untill I'll have lost 3 stone in total (2 through hypnosis) so I'm really happy with how its going.

How are thins going for you Pinkylous? I was very skeptical at first aswell but I'm definately seeing results :)

Well done - brilliant progress xxx

Well done on your weight losses. I have had hypnosis gastric band fitted on saturday how soon do you notice the difference ??????:confused:

Back