Paul,s weight loss journey

a lb gain is okay Paul and will be off this time next week no problem..and extra long walk with Roxy should do it! :D

And now onto this week and a happy result next week :)

Have a great evening!

A 1lb gain when you've been doing all that hiking seems okay to me. Just get back to it this week and try the superspeed fruits. I'm living proog that they work!

Working extra hard this week to get back on track. Lots of fruit and veg.

Todays food June 7 2011.

Breakfast: Fruit and yoghurt.

Dinner: Pasta, cheese, veg and home made sauce.

Supper: Spicy fried rice and corn on the cob.

Lots of water today.

Exercise: Walking Roxy. I have started to learn to use a kettlebell for exercise. I am learning the lifts when I am on nights. Tonight is my second night with 2 more to go. Even while learning I get a rather large sweat on. All good stuff. Good luck this week to everyone.:D

Working extra hard this week to get back on track. Lots of fruit and veg.

Todays food June 7 2011.

Lots of water today.

Exercise: Walking Roxy. I have started to learn to use a kettlebell for exercise. I am learning the lifts when I am on nights. Tonight is my second night with 2 more to go. Even while learning I get a rather large sweat on. All good stuff. Good luck this week to everyone.:D
Ok - here I go again. What on earth is a kettlebell?

Well done on all the fruit, veg & water!

Good luck, and well done for 'uping' the exercise front...enjoy! :eek:

Pomette, as I have avoided gyms like the plague, I am not familiar with all the equipment names and terms, but I think its a form of weights or something like that for exercising with????? maybe not!!! but a few people mention them.
Paul will be along soon and will educate us I am sure ;)

Have a good day Paul :)

Hi Guys,

Its been a busy week for me. I have still managed to keep well on track with my exercise and eating.

A kettlebell is shaped like a canon ball with a handle. They originated in Russia and come in different weights. I have been doing a beginner workout over at myomytv.com . Highly recommended.

Today's food June 11 2011.

Breakfast: Toast and jam.

Lunch: Bacon, eggs and tomatoes.

Supper: Turkey, carrots, greens, potatoes and gravy.

Exercise: Walking Roxy and 1 hour of Kenpo Karate :D

How good to see you trying other methods of exercise too, it will stop you getting bored! Enjoy karate :)

good luck for next weigh in, that pesky pound will be off this time..and some more too!

You put me to shame on the exercise front! All I seem to do is sit around in the sunshine! LOL

Been to our other house on the Mar Menor for a couple of days to chill out and get it ready for clients. Made a nice change.

Hope you are having a good weekend and good luck for WI on Monday. I'm not too hopeful again :sigh: had a stressful week and ate too much last night when he took me out for our anniversary.

Last edited:
Happy belated anniversary Pommette :)

Hope your day is going well Paul, keep focused..the scales are on the horizon :)
Thanks Rainbow Rose - it was in pennance as he totally forgot it last Sunday!

Good luck tomorrow at WI Paul.

2lb off, great, very happy.:D

Today's food June 13 2011.

Breakfast: omelette with cheese and fruit.

Dinner: sw fries, 2 rounds of bread, made into a chip butey and side salad.

Supper: Pork chop, mash potatoes, gravy carrots and peas.

Exercise: Walking Roxy and kettlebell training.:D
Karate was fun, its something I will be doing on a regular basis.

Congrats on 2lb off, see told you you would lose this week! :)

Glad you enjoyed karate, that will definately keep you fit and lose the lbs, not that you've got many to lose...lucky man :)

here's to another good week ahead!

I feel sore from yesterday so today's exercise will be some gentle yoga and walking Roxy.

Breakfast: omelette with cheese and side salad.

Dinner: Poutine and oven roasted vegtables.

Supper: Home made burger with sweet potato pancakes and corn on the cob. :D

Well done on another 2 lb - thay are really starting to mount up now.
Sounds as though you may have been a bit overenthusiastic with the karate!

I'll be missing for the next week now so good luck for this week and WI. Off to the UK tomorrow morning and will only have limited access to get at essential emails.

mmmm, corn on the cob, I keep forgetting to buy those :)

Hope your aches ease soon Paul. have a good day!

have a good trip pommette, catch up when you get back!

Corn on the cob - not allowed on Red days. Thanks, not looking forward to the cold in the neter regions of the north! but will see you all again soon

This week I have started eating differently.
I have been following the red plan. I will try it for a few weeks to see which one I prefer.

Today's food Thursday June 16 2011.

Breakfast: Home made burger, egg, toast, grapefruit and almonds.

Dinner: Tuna sandwich made with one tablespoon of light mayo, apple.

Supper: Chilli made with ground beef, onion, green pepper, olives and black beans. Strawberries.

Snacks: cheese, 4 peanuts and a apple.
Boiled egg, almonds and a orange.

I am trying to add food items that supply good fats to see if it makes any difference to my weight loss or how I feel.:D

Today's food June 18 2011:

Breakfast: Half a pita, cheese, ham slice, 2 eggs and half a grapefruit.

Dinner: Chili made with 1 green pepper, 1 onion, 6 ounces of ground beef, kidney beans, 7 olives and 1 cup of home made tomato sauce. chili pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
1 cup of strawberries.

Supper: chicken breast, mixed veg salad and a apple.

Snacks: 1 oz of cheese, 3 almonds and orange
1 boiled egg, 3 almonds and a pear.
1 cup of milk for tea and coffee.

Exercise: Just walking my dog Roxy.:D

Nice food choices in there tech. it will be interesting to see if changing your 'diet' will affect your result and mind set! Good luck with it and fingers crossed for weigh in :)

Back