People starting LL in March...

Excellent news Sam - well done .... you must be so proud of yourself :)

Thanks for the congrats - I just tried it on last night and it slipped right on, am made up .... got a few stone to lose before my eternity ring will fit but I'll get there.

Cath

Thanks Cath, I don't know about proud (as I was very annoyed at being made to do them in the first place... long story) but definately relieved it's all over.

It's amazing how quickly you notice changes in your body with LL. I bought a pair of jeans last week which were snug and was on the last notch on my belt and this week they jeans are loose and i can get to the next notch :) I Love LL!!

LOL it's great isn't it ..... disposable clothing is what we all need - or something the opposite of maternity clothes where you start off at the biggest and make them smaller as you go along. Least you now get to go shopping again :)

Cath

I have an array of different sized clothing in my wardrobe so hopefully will find something in there to wear. I'm going to try hard not to buy anything new until I get to my goal then splash out :)

Do love your idea tho, you invent it, i'll market it we will be rich ;) lol

Well quite a small loss this week of 1 kgs, I am weighing in at home though so I guess my scales may be a little different to my LLC (here's hoping!). Am doing pop in's to pick up my packs as finding it hard with work to always get there for my Wednesday group, so will carry on weighing at home if I can't get there on a Wednesday...

Will be there each week though in another a couple of months, when I can request for my new roster... am going to request each LL group night off then and definately get there for the rest and the maintainance period.

Hope the rest of the march crew is going ok! :)

Don't feel disappointed Beth, a 1kg lost is better than a gain so you are still doing well. :patback:

I notice we also have similar amounts to loose, so we can keep each other on the straight and narrow.

Does anybody know how you convert Kg to Ibs?

Yes can still get to other locations, but some distance. Also do not want to be in a position of either having to wait for a group to start or joining one half way through. suppose will know more today when have spoke to the counsellors!

Nic, have I missed your post on how you got on Wednesday?

Take care all :wavey:

Hi oiseau thanks for the welcome first day a bit daunting but second better just live in the loo though. Roll on day three. keep in touch Mandy.

Hi SoonB
Does anybody know how you convert Kg to Ibs?

A kg is about 2.2lbs so just multiply the amount in kilos by 2.2. You're doing really well - keep it up!

Thanks GBGirl for the calculation.

I think I like seeing the pounds reduce rather than KG because you get more for you money. LOL

Everyone ok?

Hi Guys,

I'm finding it really hard and don't think that LL is for me :confused: I'm going to finish this week off and discuss with my LLC about stopping. Think I should just re-new my gym membership and stop being so lazy when it comes to exercise and lose the weight that way :sigh:

Hi Steph,

You need to do what you feel is right. This diet although will provide results may not be to everybodys taste or be for them at a particular stage in their life.

You have already achieved so much by being able to overcome real challenges. If you decide to travel another path, you have not failed.

Like you say perhaps finish this weeks packs and chat to your LLC. I am sure she will have people who have felt like you. I musy admit I feel the last few days have been a real struggle and I have contemplated all sorts of things!

Keep us posted, Take Care and see how the next few days go :wave_cry:

Sam xx

Hi Steph

Sorry you're struggling at the moment, I think it's a good idea to stick with it till you see your counsellor as it may just be you're having a bad couple of days and that you feel more positive about it by the time you see him/her - and if not and you're sure that this isn't the road for you then I'm sure you'll do great with your weight loss in another way.

Keep us posted :)

Cath

Hi all,
Joined this site yesterday, joined LL on March 1st.
My food obsession seems to have been replaced with an obsession with weight loss, so this forum is feeding my habit! I seem to spend almost every waking minute thinking about how much I have/will lose!

Hi all, I started LL on thursday, have a headaches and a achey feeling,I hope it doesnt last for to long.Looking forward to my first weight in,I must have lost something with all the triips to the loo

Hello and Welcome to LittleBlue and BumpyBean :wavey:

BumpyBean it doesn't last too long but make sure you are drinking enough water as that helps.

Hi Wendy, how is your week going?

Hi Steph, How are things today? I have had a few rough days where I have been tempted but I'm thinking of the weight loss and that helps. Have you tried baking any of the packs? I made 'crisps' tonight with my vege soup and they were pretty good. Makes things a little more bearable being able to chew stuff. I agree with what others have said, talk to your councellor but at the end of the day you have to do what's right for you. :hug99:

Hiya LittleBlue and BumpyBean

Hi Steph, How are things today? I have had a few rough days where I have been tempted but I'm thinking of the weight loss and that helps. Have you tried baking any of the packs? I made 'crisps' tonight with my vege soup and they were pretty good. Makes things a little more bearable being able to chew stuff. I agree with what others have said, talk to your councellor but at the end of the day you have to do what's right for you.

Hi Samantha, things aren't too bad today, feeling a bit more positive. The foodpacks are getting more difficult to get down, I've been doubling them up but the smell is really churning my stomach. I keep telling myself that it's only a few months, it'll be over before I know it and I'll be thinner but I'm really struggling. I don't want to fail but I keep going from one extreme to the other, feeling positive one minute and not the next :sigh:

I tried making crisps the other day :rotflmao: I ended up wasting two foodpacks I just couldn't get it right at all.

I'm going to take it one day at a time and hope I get through it.

Thanks for everyone's support, you guys are great :thankyou:

Hi Steph, Glad you are feeling a little more positive today :) I found the soups really hard going in my first week (had 2 a day) I cut it back to one a day and swapped some for bars and smoothies. The trick with the crisps is to microwave them for about 40secs and then do it in 10 - 20 sec slots til they are just right...I burnt my first lot but luckily had only put 3 in as I thought better to waste a small amount than the whole soup. I'm also thinking next time just make it up as the popadom thingy and break it up into smaller bits as may be easier to make sure it doesn't burn. I have also made a muffin which was ok but not the greatest. Keep your chin up and coming here is great for support :)

Hi Wendy, Glad it is going ok for you (apart from the headaches). I have also found it hard being around people with food, friday night at the pub they had crisps and nachos :mad: and there I was with my pint of water! It took all my willpower not to eat a crisp.

Back