1 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Ground coriander
1 tsp Garlic salt
1tbsp Sweetener
100g Frozen peas (ss) (ff)
225g Extra lean minced beef (ff)
400g Chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)

Method
Spray a non-stick frying pan with Fry Light and brown the mince with onion and garlic. Add salt, turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala, and stir in.
Add tin of tomatoes & sweetener & stir well. Half fill the tomato can with water and add this to the pan. Add the peas and stir well.
Bring to boil and simmer for about 45 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
Cook rice as per instructions on packet & set aside.
Remove from heat. Add ground coriander and stir. Add the rice & mix well.
Can be served with a side dish of home-made raita.

Spicy Mince & Rice (Small).JPG

Pete’s Indian Raita Salad

Pete’s Indian Raita Salad

Serves 2
Ingredients
1/4tsp Ground coriander
1/4tsp Ground cumin
½ Cucumber, cut into small pieces about 1cm (s) (sff)
1 Spring onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1tbsp Runny honey (2.5 syn/2=1.25 syn per person)
Handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
250ml Fat free yogurt (ff)

Method

In a small bowl mix together the yogurt, cucumber, onion, runny honey, chopped mint, spices, cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hr.

Raita Salad (Small).JPG

Pete’s Peanut Curry

(Adopted from Tesco’s real food booklet)

Not suitable for people with nut allergies

Serves 2

Ingredients

150g Pre-cooked chicken (s) (ff)
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb stockpot”
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tsp turmeric
1tbsp madras curry powder
1tbsp sweetener
2 Garlic cloves (sff)
2tbsp smooth/crunchy peanut butter 9syns/2=4.5syns each person
2cm piece of ginger, grated
200mL hot water
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
Handful of coriander

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the chicken until browned, remove and set aside.
Spray the frying pan again with fry Light, cook onion, garlic, ginger & chilli until soft.
Add the cumin, turmeric, curry powder & coriander, cook for 2 minutes then add the chicken, tomatoes & sweetener, cook for 10 mins. Place the stockpot on top of the cooking food and allow to infuse.
Add the peanut butter and the 200mL of water mix well & cook on a medium heat until the chicken is hot, and the sauce has thickened, sprinkle the coriander over the food.
Serve with rice & side salad.
(Finish the meal with chilled melon)

PeanutCurrySmall.jpg

I love this Tesco recipe - can't wait to try your SW version in about 40 mins time...

Just had a scan through some of your recipes they are fantastic. I love that you include "very lazy" garlic etc I hate all that faffing about peeling and chopping garlic and it puts me off trying out some recipes. I will def be trying out some of your recipes now :O)

xo

Hi Macbie.
Welcome to SW! please enjoy my recipes, & I use both very lazy and the original product, depends on the mood!All recipes can be modified to suit what ingredients you have, just tell us if you find something better to use in a recipe.
Enjoy.
Pete

Hey Pete!

Have just read this thread the whole way throgh - took some doing I can tell you! But, I now have a collection of recipies to keep me going for the next few weeks.

Banana 'icecream' is in the freezer - can I ask is there a syn valye for this as you belnd the fruit?? Maybe it does say and I just havent read it fully:eek:

So, tomoro night is chicken egg fried rice, saturday it's KFC style chicken and sunday has yet to be planned!

Leek and potaot soup - done
Mushy pea curry sauce - done
BBQ sauce - done

I started SW last night - this thread is just the inspiration I need.

Thankyou soooooo much.

Hi Scrappie.
Welcome to this forum, yes you need to syn the banana as you have modified it, (Banana, fresh, pureed/cooked without sugar, 100g= 5 syn)
Enjoy..........

Last edited:
Thankyou ever so much! Wa intending to have egg fried rice tonight - but sever hours on the phone later(!!!) decide to make a quick sausage and egg muffin. LUSH:D

Egg fried rice tomoro, followed by berries and icecream.

Most of the recipes are based on Extra Easy.Some can be used as Green, just re-syn them!

hi pete fantastic food. was just wondering if u can help me . ive been using instant mash flakes instead of bread crumbs to make chicken nuggets and breaded chicken and kfc style chicken, do i need to syn them ? its just on the instant mash sauasage rolls and smash pizza i dont see it as a syn.i eat these crispy chicken as part of a meal so im thinking its free,am i right?

Hi Pete

Made your egg fried rice for dinner this evening - fantastic!!

Just made a note to myself not to fully per cook the rice. By the time I had 'fried' it, it was a little mushy! Still very tasty tho :)

Omg thank you so much for posting all these they all look yummy, and a massive well done on your weight loss

Hi Rach1987.
I don't syn the Instant mash flakes as they are syn free, At one time Cadbury's Smash had to be syned for some reason but I only use the Sainsbury's " basic" instant mash, it's cheaper!
Pete

Back