Pete's Recipe Book

Pete do you have a good diary? I need some inspiration through the day for breakfast and lunch that I take to work. I do mainly red and green , need q change and would do EE.

Pete’s Beef Curry Dopiaza-2

Serves 4

Ingredients

225g long grain rice (ff)
400g chopped tomatoes (s)(sff)
450g stewing steak with the fat removed (ff)
½ tsp asafetida powder
½ tsp fenugreek powder
1tsp coriander seeds
1tsp cumin seeds
1tsp turmeric powder
1tsp garam masala
1tbsp sweetener
1 cup of peas (ss)(ff)
2tsp curry powder
4 large onions, 2 finely chopped, 2 sliced (s)(sff)
4 cardamom seeds
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Knorr Dark Stock pot with 300mL water

Method

In a hot dry frying pan dry fry the seeds for 1 minute, when spitting, remove and crush to a powder, set aside.
Dry fry the meat to remove the fat, cook until brown then set aside.
Fry the finely chopped onions in a saucepan sprayed with Fry Light, add the fenugreek powder, cook the onions until brown, add the garlic, return the meat to the pan, and add the crushed spices and the other spices, except the garam masala.
(Boil the 2 remaining onions until cooked then set aside.)
Cook the meat for 10mins then add the tomatoes, sweetener & stock, cook for 40mins then add the boiled onions, peas, garam masala and cook for a further 5mins, serve with rice.

BeefDopiaza-3Small.jpg

Last edited:
Pete’s Hash Browns

Serves 4

Ingredients

4 medium sized potatoes (ff)
*onion, finely chopped (s)(sff)
* 45g low fat cheddar cheese (1Hea)

* Extra’s

Method

Finely grate washed, unpeeled potatoes, place in a sieve & wash until the water runs clear, place a portion of the potato into a potato masher and squeeze as much of the water as possible, remove from the masher and add any extra’s, return to the masher and press into shape, remove the mix from the masher and sprinkle with salt, place in a hot pan sprayed with Fry Light. Cook for a few minutes then spray with Fry Light and flip over, repeat this until both sides are cooked. Serve with an omelette or beans, etc.

HashBrownsSmall.jpg

HashBrowns-2Small.jpg

HashBrowns-5Small.jpg

HashBrowns-3Small.jpg

HashBrowns-4Small.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Pete,
I have just purchased a packet of Schwartz garlic, Mushroom & Cream Sauce. I thought I had a recipe using this item, but alas I cant fine it.
Have you used this ingredient? and if so do you have a recipe.
Many thanks,
Bessie

Hi Bessie.
Take a look for my recipe for Beef Stroganoff,
Mushrooms in a creamy sauce,
that's where I use it!
Pete

Hi All.
Sorry about the loss of the pictures I had exceeded my allowance on photobucket so I had to take out a subscription to get them back! I have paid for the next two years so should be ok.........
I didn't fancy moving all 400+ of them!
Pete

Pete’s Aloo Gobi-2

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion (s)(sff)
1 Cinnamon stick
1 Cup of frozen peas (ss)(ff)
3 Garlic Cloves
4 Curry leaves
30mm cube of Ginger
1tsp Cumin Seeds
1tsp Fennel Seeds
1tsp Coriander Seeds
1tsp ground Turmeric
1tsp Fenugreek
1tbsp Tomato puree (s)(sff)
1tbsp sweetener
400g Chopped Tomatoes (s)(sff)
Knorr “herb”stockpot
400mL water
4 medium floury potatoes (Maris Piper, King Edwards) cut into small cubes (ff)
1 Cauliflower Head, cut into florets (s)(sff)
Salt & Pepper

Method

Chop the onion, garlic & ginger in a food processor & blitz.
Part boil the potatoes and cauliflower for 5 mins, remove and drain.
Crush the seeds in a mortar & pestle.
Heat a frying pan, sprayed with Fry Light and cook the seeds, curry leaves & cinnamon stick until they sizzle.
Add more Fry Light, then adding the paste from the food processor, fry for 10-15 mins until brown.
Add the ground spices, tomato puree, S&P, chopped tomatoes & sweetener, vegetable stockpot & water, simmer for 10 mins then add the potatoes & cauliflower, mix together, simmer for 10-15mins until the Veg is cooked, adding more water if the sauce is too dry. 5 mins before serving add the peas. Remove the curry leaves and cinnamon stick before serving.
AlooGobi-5Small.jpg

AlooGobi-6Small.jpg

AlooGobi-7Small-1.jpg

AlooGobi-8Small.jpg

AlooGobi-9Small.jpg

AlooGobi-10Small.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Pete
Made your Super Easy Sweet and Sour last night - it was fab - found it on another thread. It doesn't seem to be on this one - am sure people will enjoy it - I did.

suespain said:
Hi Pete
Made your Super Easy Sweet and Sour last night - it was fab - found it on another thread. It doesn't seem to be on this one - am sure people will enjoy it - I did.

Ooooh yes please :D

Pete’s super easy sweet & sour

Serves 4

Ingredients

400g Tin of chopped tomatoes (s)(sff)
2Tbsp. of vinegar
330g/1 can of Fanta ZERO
1/2 pepper, chopped (s)(sff)
1 onion, chopped (s)(sff)
1 carrot, chopped (s)(sff)
200 tin of Pineapple, chopped (5 syns per tin)
0r 180g….4Heb/4=1 Heb
season with salt & pepper
Method

Chop the onion, pepper, carrot & pineapple as small as possible.

Add ingredients to a saucepan and simmer until thickened and hot. Season with salt & pepper .

Serve on a bed of rice with stir-fry pork or chicken.

PorkSweetSourSmall.jpg

Last edited:
The only one I wouldn't freeze is the risotto as it tastes best fresh! If you don't mind however there is no reason why it would not freeze.I have never frozen the Turkey Twizzlers so cannot say , but should be ok!
Pete

I agree that it will not be at it's best after freezing but I do it regularly with rice dishes and they are always ok. I know environmental health suggest you shouldn't reheat rice but I do it all the time and i'm fine :)

This thread is amazing, thank-you for all your wonderful recipes. I can't wait to try them!

:bighug:Thank you for putting in all this effort to share your wonderful recipes and photos. Very much appreciated by this newbie!

Back