Ingredients

1 Lemon, zested & juiced (ss) (sff)
1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1tbsp Schwartz perfect shake, Piri-Piri seasoning
1tbsp chopped parsley
2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped (sff)
150g Couscous (ff)
300mL chicken stock
450g Chicken thighs, deboned & skin removed, cubed (s) (ff)
S & P

Method

In a bowl place the chicken thighs with the zest of the lemon, juice, & the Piri-Piri, mix well, cover in Clingfilm & leave to marinade for at least 1hr,in the fridge.
In a large pan, sprayed with frylight, cook the chicken until browned.
Preheat the oven to 180C.
In an ovenproof dish, fill with couscous, garlic, onion, vegetable stock & salt & pepper, mix well. Place browned chicken on top, cover with foil or a close fitted lid & cook for 20 mins, remove from the oven, add water if a bit dry, finish uncovered for a further 10 mins, plate up & cover with chopped parsley.
Chicken & Couscous Bake (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Pete’s Baked Bean & Ham Lasagne (2013)

Pete’s Baked Bean & Ham Lasagne (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 tin 410g baked beans (ss) (ff)
1 Pack of lasagne sheets (ff)
1 Pack of smoked wafer thin ham (ff)
60g cheddar (2x Hea/2= 1hea per person)
700g bottle of passata (s) (sff)
Oregano
Oven-proof dish

Method

Soften the lasagne sheets with boiling water to make life easy, and then purr a thin layer of passata in the base of the oven-proof dish that has been sprayed with Fry Light.
Cover with lasagne sheets, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne, layer of passata, layer of ham, layer of passata, layer of lasagne, layer of baked beans, layer of lasagne and then the final layer of passata, soaking all of the lasagne, sprinkle with oregano, then grate the cheddar over it all and place in a hot oven at 180c for 20-30mins until the food is hot and the cheese nicely melted.

Baked Bean Lasagne (Small).JPG

Fatty_no_ more.
This is the only lasagne recipe that I have!

Pete do u have a recipe for lasagne? Hubby fancies one and I know ur
recipes are (in the words of will I am) dope! Lol x

Hiya, i found a beef lasagne by searching on the recipe section, i make it all the time using beef,pork or turkey mince. If u can,t find it i,ll try and point u in the right direction,i only use this site though on my mobile.

Cheers guys will try as find the beef one as hubs funny about his food x

Just had the Beef Lasagne from the Extra Easy cookbook and it was gorgeous so i thought i'd share the recipe with you all.

397g/14oz extra lean minced beef
1 red pepper cut into bite size pieces
1 courgette cut into bite size pieces
4 garlic cloves finelycrushed
400g chopped tomatoes with herbs
397g/14oz passata with herbs and garlic
2 tsp mixed herbs
salt and freshy ground black pepper
511g fat free natural yoghurt
2 eggs lightly beaten
a pinch of nutmeg
low calorie cooking spray
12 dried lasagne sheets
4 level tbsp grated parmesan
a mixed salad to serve

1) place in a large non stick pan over a high heat, the minced beef, red pepper,courgettes, onion and garlic and stirfry for 6-8 minutes. add the tomatoes,passata and dried herbs, season well and cook for a further 12-15 minutes stirring often.
2) meanwhile mix together the yoghurt,nutmeg and eggs until smooth and season well.
3)preheat the oven to 200*c/gas6. spray a medium lasagne dish with frylight then spoon half the mince mixture into the base and top with half the lasagne sheets, spread over half of the yoghurt mixture onto the sheets and then repeat the process and top with the parmesan cheese.
4) bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden then serve with a large salad.
Trust me, you will love it, my OH and fussy kids ate it and went back for seconds, i had spicey wedges and salad with mine and i've got to say it's one of the best recipes i've tried of late, this will become a regular on the menu i think. hope you enjoy it as much as i did. ;)
On Extra easy this is 1 and a half syns per serving and this recipe serves 4 people.
Hope u enjoy

Pete’s Tomato & Red Pepper Soup (2013)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Carrot, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Celery stick, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Red pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped (sff)
1 Knorr Veg “stockpot”
400g Chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
400g Chickpeas (s) (ff)
400g Haricot beans (s) (ff)
Sprinkle of Worcester sauce
S & P
Hot water

Method

In a large, deep saucepan sprayed with frylight, add the onion, garlic, carrot, celery & red pepper, mix well & cook until soft, add the haricot beans, tomato & chickpeas, add water until it covers the ingredients, sprinkle with Worcester sauce, bring to the boil then add the veg. stockpot & seasoning, mix together then reduce the heat & simmer for 20 mins, if too thick, add more hot water.
Serve in warmed bowls.

Tomato & Red pepper soup (Small).JPG

Im kick starting my weight loss again and think I may just use these recipes as my new bible!!! Just wanted to know what plan the syns are worked out on, is it EE? Also can I assume that if you have not mentioned the syns next the ingredients that the meal is free? Thanks :)

All my recipes are based on Ee so syns are worked out for this plan, please double check the syn value's as sometimes I get them wrong! It's only my interpretation of the plan......
the letters along side the ingredients are as follows.....sff= super free food......s= speed weight food......ss= super speed weight food
Pete

Hi Cadurygurl.
Here are the pics of the filo pastry.......
When you finish, you can egg-wash them for a golden finish!

Filo-1 (Small).JPGFilo-2 (Small).JPGFilo-3 (Small).JPGFilo-4 (Small).JPGFilo-5 (Small).JPG

Thank you for getting back to me Pete....These are brilliant, printed off about 100 last night so should keep me busy for a while!!!!! How do SW work out the syn value? I want to start working things out so its easier when I go out to eat but it seems quite complex :(

I've tried to find that out myself! There are some things that are confusing, such as instant mash is free when used as potato but should be synned if you bake it in an oven instead! If you eat 1 banana it's free but if you mash it up, freeze it and use it as an ice cream, you should syn it!
I use the app on a smart phone and if I forget to check with that I use the 20cal=1 syn method as a quick guide when shopping, good enough to decide if to buy or not........

hi pete iv just come across this site
wow your recipes are fanatstic i have no excuse to fail now on slimming world as you have given me so much choice
making the fanta chicken tonight,
thanks and well done on your weight loss.

Thanks for the info Pete.... I'm actually doing the plan without going to the classes as my partner has just changed jobs and took a pay cut so cant check things on the site and only have the 2012 food directory to go on, but that 20cals=1syn seems like a good rule of thumb....at least until I can start going again, but judging by your amazing loss so far I think your recipes will see me right for a long time :D

Pete’s Mexican Rice (2013)

Pete’s Mexican Rice (2013)
Serves 2
Ingredients
1 Garlic clove , finely chopped (sff)
1 Cup of frozen peas (ss) (ff)
200ml/2 cups of Chicken stock
1 Jalapenos Pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1tsp Cumin
1tsp Oregano
1tbsp Extra virgin oil (1Heb/2= 0.5Heb per person)
2 Spring onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
2tbsp Tomato puree (s) (sff)
100g/cup of long grain rice (ff)
S & P

Method

In a pan, add the oil & rice, mix well & sauté for 3-5 mins until the rice is completely coated.
Add the onions, jalapenos pepper, garlic, tomato puree , cumin , oregano & stock, sauté for a couple of minutes, season with salt & pepper, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 15 mins or until the water has been absorbed, fluff up the rice with a fork & plate up.

Mexican Rice (Small).JPG

Pete’s Texas Cheese Fries (2013)

Pete’s Texas Cheese Fries (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

¼ tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp cumin powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp. jalapeno Peppers, finely chopped (s) (sff)
2 Floury potatoes such as Maris Piper (ff)
2 Rashers of smoked bacon, fat removed, cut into small pieces (ff)
2 Spring onions, finely chopped (s) (sff)
2 tbsp of Fat free Fromage Frais (ff)
60g Strong Cheddar cheese, grated (2 Hea/2= 1Hea per person)
Handful of fresh chives, finely chopped
Pepper

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
In a small bowl, mix together, chilli powder, garlic salt, cumin, paprika & pepper, set aside.
Cut the potatoes, skin left on, into chips, part boil for 5 mins, drain and while hot, spray with frylight & sprinkle with the mixed spices, place on a flat tray, place in the oven, cook for 15 mins, remove & turn over, continue until cooked, then remove & place in a shallow dish.
In a frying pan, cook the bacon until almost crisp, remove & chop into pieces, mix with the spring onions & jalapenos.
Sprinkle the cheese over the chips & add the bacon, spring onions & jalapenos & cook until the cheese has melted.
Make a dip of Fromage Frais mixed with fresh chives.
Serve with a side salad.
Texas Cheese Fries (Small).JPG

Back