Pete's Recipe Book

Owwww my gosh! Fank goodness! Pete, im back after a break from MM and thought you'd done a runner!! Lol. So happy i just re-found this thread. ...making your sweet n sour tonight, still a firm fave :) x

Cast with my wand using Tinks fairydust *sparkle*

Just had your scrummy Peanut Curry, Pete. It was totally delicious! :) We're not crazy about very spicy food so cut the curry powder down to half a tablespoon and used Medium instead of Madras. We were going to have it with boiled wholegrain rice but I was feeling lazy so just microwaved 2 sachets of Uncle Ben's Express Chicken Rice at 3 Syns each. It was gorgeous. Thanks.

Hi Pete, I love ur recipes! Now any suggestions for a good recipe with chicken? Not curry as I'm doing ur peanut curry later in week! I am desperate for inspiration! And there r too many recipes to choose from on here! Love it! (i used to be a product/recipe developer for supermarkets, so I love testing out ur recipes!)

Hi Kaz.
You could try the Lemon chicken, it's a variation on a SW recipe & I could do with someone of your experience to fine tweek it!

Hi 10v3child.
Welcome back!
No I am still here, 7 stone lighter now & feeling good!
Lots of new recipes all dated (2013) for you to try. Enjoy & let us know how you do.
Pete

Hi Kaz.
You could try the Lemon chicken, it's a variation on a SW recipe & I could do with someone of your experience to fine tweek it!

Thank you I will give it ago! No way ur recipes r fab! Good job! Thanks k

Hi 10v3child.
Welcome back!
No I am still here, 7 stone lighter now & feeling good!
Lots of new recipes all dated (2013) for you to try. Enjoy & let us know how you do.
Pete

Excellent! I shall a trawl through :) congrats on your loss, youre doing great! Ive gained about 7lbs due to being off plan but im back and ready! X

Cast with my wand using Tinks fairydust *sparkle*

Fantastic selection of recipes! Can't wait to try some of these now my mind is in the right place and I am back on track.

Michelle

Only read a few of the recipes so far but they look and sound lush. Will defo b bringing some of these into my weekly planning now. :D

Hi Pete, Have just found you and your recipes. Can`t wait to try some. Thanks for doing it.:thankyou:

Wowsers! I got to the end! Its taken me about a week to get here but I'm pleased I did. Picked up some fantastic ideas/recipes thanx Pete.
Not tried any recipes yet but going shopping to stock up on all the basics and will get started.

Thanx again Pete, its been inspiring :)

Pete’s Hawaiian Chicken (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

½ tsp Turmeric (for colouring the rice)
1 Pepper, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Red onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1tbsp Tomato puree (s) (sff)
2 Skinless chicken breasts (s) (ff)
2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped (sff)
2cm Cube of ginger, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. Light soy sauce
6 tbsp. Passata (s) (sff)
227g Tin of Pineapple chunks, (s) (sff) (5.5 syn/2=2.75 syn per person)
Juice from the can of Pineapple
Juice from a lime (s) (sff)
Zest from a lime (s) (sff)
Packet of rice of your choice (ff)
S & P

Method

Open the tin of pineapple, drain into a small bowl using a sieve, save the pineapple chunks, add the juice to a deep bowl, combine the ginger, garlic, passata, soy sauce, lime juice & zest into the bowl, set aside ½ of the liquid. Cut small nicks in the chicken & place in the marinade, cover, place in the fridge, for at least 1 hr.
Cook your rice as per instructions on the packet, adding the turmeric if you want it coloured.
Heat a frying pan, sprayed with frylight. Drain the marinade & throw it away, cook the chicken, season, until the chicken is browned. Remove & set aside, keeping it warm.
Spray the pan again with frylight, cook the onions & peppers until soft, add the pineapple, tomato puree & saved liquid, return the chicken to the pan & cook until the sauce has thickened, Drain the rice & steam for 2 mins then plate up, serve with a side salad.

Hawaiian Chicken (2013) (Small).JPGHawaiian Chicken-2 (2013) (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Hi,

I cooked your peanut curry last night and it was delicious and even had leftovers for lunch today (never look forward to lunch so much before ha!!)

I used smooth low fat peanut butter tho and it did 3 servings, do you know what the syns might be for this?

Also I'm wanting to try your Instant Mash Pies tonight but it will only be me who will be eating them, as the recipe is for 4, if I cooked 4 of them can the 2 leftover be heated up the next day?

Thanks a lot, your recipe's are the best!

Rebecca x

The total syns for the peanut butter curry is 9 syns so divide by 3=3 syns per person!
I have never tried to keep the food for the next day but should be OK if kept in the fridge.
Pete

Made the scotch egg recipe yesterday - was really nice and filling and had it with baked beans.
Would recommend making it.

Pete’s Strawberry & Chocolate Trifle (2013)

Pete’s Strawberry & Chocolate Trifle (2013)

(based on a SW recipe)

Serves 4

Ingredients

1 Sachet of sugar free jelly (2 sins/4=0.5 syn per person)
2 Sponge fingers (2 sins/4=0.5 sins per person)
25g dark chocolate, broken into pieces (7 sins/4=1.75 sins per person)
100g fresh strawberries, hulled & sliced
200g ready-made low fat custard (9 sins/4=2.25 syn per person)
300g fat free natural fromage frais

Method

Make up the jelly as per the instructions on the packet, allow to cool, brake the sponge fingers into half & divide between 4 glasses, pour the cool jelly over the fingers & allow to chill in a fridge until set.
Cut the strawberries & place around the rim, add the custard & return to the fridge.
When ready to serve, spoon the fromage frais over each one then melt the chocolate in a bowl placed over hot water, when runny drizzle over each bowl.

Strawberry & chocolate trifle-2 (Small).JPG

Had the mushy pea curry tonight with pork strips, truly amazing taste and syn free, thanks guys for the recipe !!!

Brian

Hi Pete, I am a huge fan of your recipes! I was wondering if you had any recipes which use blue cheese? I have some laughing cow BC triangles that need using up :) thanks

The curry could be frozen on a freezer but I haven't tried it! mine doesn't last that long......
Loundy: I don't have any recipes specially for Blue cheese but could you not make a soup with it such as a broccoli & stilton soup ?

Back