Pheonix's Diary

another lb down this morning

woke up absolutely ravenous though , first day back at school for my 5 year old and it was very hard trying to prize ourselves out of bed after 2 weeks of lie ins ,

then he bawled his eyes out when I left him at kids club , felt so awful , but I know he will be fine , its just that moment when you have to leave and they are sobbing for you , somehow you imagine that they are crying all day but i know hes not :(

I think today is going to be a tough one , will need lots of distraction

Good luck to anyone starting today

I will be dropping my 3 year old on Monday am too so I totally understand. He has had me since 20th December and I know it's going to be a tearful Monday. As you said - they are fine within a few minutes. Today is day 4 for me.....funny I felt sooooo hungry this am....but have a furry tongue so will check later. Best of luck with today and let us know how it goes......

Start of day 3 and STS already , however the dreaded constipation has struck already and I feel bloated and uncomfortable

Im going to try to drink lots of water today

definitely have a weird taste in my mouth , not sure if Im in ketosis yet though

managed to stick to 4 packs yesterday but then had a few chocolate buttons ooops , Im so weak late at night

planning an early night tonight as so tired and struggled to get up this morning.

I use Dulcolax....and find its the only think that works! Take care today and hope you get to bed early!

Lol...keep strong it gets easier ..... Your day 5 friend....

Thanks Bea

I used the Dulcolax pico perles last time ,very effective , but that was after about 2 weeks of not going , I wont resort to anything just yet , but I will see if drinking lots of water helps today

I have bran on standby , which i planned to mix into my meals but im worried that it will stop me going into ketosis and i really cant cope with the hunger

STS again today , thats 2 in a row and Im only on day 5 :(

trying to do 3 packs not 4
trying to drink more water

failing at both :D

Keep plugging away Phoenix - I'll remind you what you told me a while back; that it's impossible to consume so few calories and not lose weight, so keep the faith - it will come off if you keep on plan xx

lost a lb today :)

i stuck to just 3 packs yesterday and drank my water which may have helped , although i was due a loss after 2 days sts

im 1 lb off my pre xmas break weight now

havnt felt hungry today so definitely must be in ketosis , thats not to say I havnt wanted to eat all day , especially when i made my sons breakfast of pancakes with peanut butter :cry:

delivery didnt come today , didnt think it would really so hopefully it will arrive monday , ive dragged some bars out of the stuff im selling on ebay as i dont quite have enough packs to last me otherwise , wish they were meals instead , much more satisfying than the bars but hey ho needs must

just booked a holiday for june half term another incentive then , its only clacton with friends but right on the beach and indoor and outdoor pools so lots of swimsuit opportunities , or will it be a bikini , well who knows :D

Good for you hun! Freeze the bars for a bit and then chop into tiny pieces and eat real s-l-o-w-l-y. Seems to make them last longer.
And as for Clacton....I bet it's going to be a bikini:)

Yes I already chop them into tiny pieces and I used to be able to eat them really slowly but it seems to get faster and faster :)

Well down 1lb this morning , so I am back to the weight I was before all the birthday , xmas and new year excess throughout December
the plan for December was always to end the month on 11,2 which is the weight I started it on , so I failed at that but have rectified it in 6 days

I feel torn , because on the one hand its like i have stepped back 5 weeks and achieved nothing , but on the other hand i had a damn good time and didnt deny myself anything at all , yet managed not to cause too much damage by being sensible in between

so its like i had a trial run at maintaining , because the 5lb would be water anyway that i will gain once i reach goal and stop the diet

hope that makes sense

which just confirms to me that

1 i need to aim for a weight 5 to 7 lb below what i feel comfortable with , so that I settle on my ideal weight once the water is regained

2 i am capable of maintaining a weight , but i may need to still use the slim and save packs some days to even out the days that I eat to excess eg holidays , night out

3 i need to continue to daily weigh even when i reach goal , ie for the rest of my life ,because that is what kept me in the loop throughout december , i would probably have been sitting her with 10lb to lose not 5 if i hadnt kept a constant check on my weight and actually thats fine with me

This may actually be my last ever diet Phew

I feel torn , because on the one hand its like i have stepped back 5 weeks and achieved nothing , but on the other hand i had a damn good time and didnt deny myself anything at all , yet managed not to cause too much damage by being sensible in between

That's exactly how I feel actually. Annoyed with myself in some ways that I've been p*****g around and am the same weight currently as I was 5 weeks ago, but also glad of the break because a. I enjoyed it and b. I was starting to flag and the restart has re energised me.

I did a bit more damage than you in between but as I've lost a large part of it in 4 days I think that my 'normal' weight gain when I come out of ketosis is going to more than half a stone. Means I have to aim to lose about 10lbs more than my ideal weight I guess but I'm going to worry about that when I get to my initial goal and I might try to do the rest using one of the step up plans which will mean I do a proper refeed too.

I'm with you on this Phoenix.

I've never gone a diet, had time off and returned successfully. Neither have I really thought about what I was putting in my mouth during my "time off".
But this time has been different.

I've been learning too about the same things like you and I think my number one lesson has been: I'm going to have to weigh daily post-goal.

This had better be my last diet ever!!!

I think a lot of us didnt lose much or anything in dec, but hey we r back and will loose in jan! I will always follow some sort of eating plan. When i came off plan dec i managed to maintain my weight cal counting 1200 a day. So i guess start low and gradually increase cals, i could imagine u wont put 7lbs back on. I know i put on a lot more in my break cause i ate hundreds after that lol not that i ate 600 more cals a day x

Im sure for those of us that took a december break , had it been a summer month it might have been a different story , id have been more inclined to eat lots of salad and fruit and less junk and sugary food

xmas and new year and actually the whole of december seems to revolve around eating lots of calorie laden food ,

everyone starts stuffing their faces with chocolate and mince pies and its all over the tv too so their is constant temptation ,

I had my birthday dec 6 and my parents insisted on visiting and taking me out for a meal , then my son visited from uni and i was cooking his and my favourite foods plus we ate out , I had 3 days at my parents over xmas and 3 days over new year away with friends , considering all that, and I joined in with every meal and indulgence im actually amazed I didnt put on so much more

I dont really regret it , as I was struggling badly at the beginning of december with my initial plan of sticking to s and s between meals out , it just wasnt going to work and I would have spent the whole month being miserable

phoenix2010 said:
Im sure for those of us that took a december break , had it been a summer month it might have been a different story , id have been more inclined to eat lots of salad and fruit and less junk and sugary food

xmas and new year and actually the whole of december seems to revolve around eating lots of calorie laden food ,

everyone starts stuffing their faces with chocolate and mince pies and its all over the tv too so their is constant temptation ,

I had my birthday dec 6 and my parents insisted on visiting and taking me out for a meal , then my son visited from uni and i was cooking his and my favourite foods plus we ate out , I had 3 days at my parents over xmas and 3 days over new year away with friends , considering all that, and I joined in with every meal and indulgence im actually amazed I didnt put on so much more

I dont really regret it , as I was struggling badly at the beginning of december with my initial plan of sticking to s and s between meals out , it just wasnt going to work and I would have spent the whole month being miserable

Exactly. I dont regret it either :)

Back