Pheonix's Diary

Nor me! I think I'd actually be more p****d off if I'd been 100% all Xmas and New Year (and miserable) with crappy losses and seeing everyone come back and lose all of their Xmas weight and more in next to no time. I do think your body starts to shut down if you do a VLCD for too long and I was definitely coming up to the time when it needed a break as my losses were getting slower and slower. The OH is sitting here finishing off the remains of the Xmas cake (why do men never have weight issues grr!) and I'm not really tempted. Over my Xmas break if he had been eating a slice of cake I'd have got myself one too! :rolleyes:

And I've decided - my next break will be Easter if I'm not done by then.

Im a childminder and one of the little ones nans keeps baking me georgeous food , she presented me with a massive slab of chocolate cake on friday , with cream through the middle melted milk and white chocoalte poured over , it was absolutely gorgeous (I did have a slither of it , oops )

but managed to cut it in half and gave it away to one of the mums and my neighbour , it wasnt easy but had that cake sat in my fridge all weekend it would probably nearly all be gone by now and I dont want anything to distract me now until Easter , then Im going to go to the shop and buy the biggest Easter Egg i can find and stuff it in my face ha aha guilt free !!!

Oh easter for both of you :)
I will prob be taking off a week at vtines day as we r both on hols again :) wont eat everything in site tho! X

I'll probably take a week off mid Feb (about week 7) and a week off beginning of April. Not planned after that yet.

I'm adding a controlled meal every four weeks cos I've noticed for me it helps to avoid the shutdown in losses. But my break is at the end of March when I go on holiday:D

Oh dear thatll teach me for getting cocky
thought Id be ok to have my veg allowance last night with ham instead of mealpack , followed my mini curly wurly and a handful of raisins

put on a lb :wave_cry:

Feeling so cross with myself today due to yesterdays indiscretion and subsequent 1lb gain and getting things all out of proportion in my tiny brain

like a 1lb gain has undone all of my good work since the beginning of all this (being very dramatic), so desperate to try to find something positive to spur me on , I measured my waist

now last time I did this for motivation during an STS period I was horrified when it had gone up from 39 to 41 despite me having lost lbs

Happily I can report that today my waist measures 36 so have lost 3 inches since beginning of November when I started measuring it

:D

You now know what going off track does, it's only a pound!! It will come off in no time at all :)

Well done on the 3" :D :D the inches are just as important, if not more so than the weight!

Just been reading through your diary Phoenix and like you and Borders Girl, I have around 35 lbs to lose and I can sooo identify with what you were saying happened to you in Dec (my birthday's then too and it just seemed that it was up to 6 weeks of continuously eating Christmas food right up to 1st January).

I too have been struggling to stick to the diet 100%, but today is a new day and we move forward from here. That pound will go in no time, do not beat yourself up about it.

You will once again get into the routine of your mealpacks and you know then that the weight loss will follow. Good luck.

Yes...sounds like it....we should also be close to our goals by Easter with a fair wind? What do you think?

On the llb gain Phoneix....I dont think it an actual full pound...you have to eat 3500 cals to gain a pound of fat....so it should drop off quickly once you are back on plan!!

Feeling so cross with myself today due to yesterdays indiscretion and subsequent 1lb gain and getting things all out of proportion in my tiny brain

like a 1lb gain has undone all of my good work since the beginning of all this (being very dramatic), so desperate to try to find something positive to spur me on , I measured my waist

now last time I did this for motivation during an STS period I was horrified when it had gone up from 39 to 41 despite me having lost lbs

Happily I can report that today my waist measures 36 so have lost 3 inches since beginning of November when I started measuring it

:D

Oh hun, never mind. Put this blip behind you, like everyone's said.

Now about that 3inch loss...isn't that a dress size???
I just wish I'd measured myself back when I started. Cos my clothes are telling a delightful story going all baggy :)

Thanks everyone , I know its not 1lb of fat , but I got stuck at this weight before , then December hit and so Ive not been below it yet for probably about 6 years or more , I dont know why I sabotage myself like that , it really slows me down

the figure is just another mind block i have to get through , cant wait to see 10s instead of 11s on the scale and when/if I get my waist below 30 then I know Ive really achieved alot

Im mindful of the correlation between high waist measurement and heart and stroke problems ,and with a history of heart problems in my family, it would mean alot to me to get it down. Which is why I made a note of it , I dont really measure anything else

anyway , my delivery came today , looking forward to trying the chilli , Ive set aside a weeks worth of meals , put them in a box in a prominent position on the kitchen worktop and have told myslef that is all im going to eat for the next 7 days , no ifs , no buts (well and my veg allowance of course )

Im not sure Ive actually ever done a whole week 100% , so it will be hard , but Im interested in seeing what im actually capable of if i just stop cheating :)

Gutted, thought i would easily lose the pound i gained today but Ive STS, was so good yesterday too

I only had 3 packs but must confess to 2 eggs earlier in the day while I waited for my delivery to arrive , i was so hungry and thought it was the best option I had in the house , then the delivery arrived literally 15 minutes later lol

Oh well tomoro hopefully it will go and i have chilli to try today

so tired though , worked last night and had a child overnight , he doesnt sleep well and must have woken me up at least 6 times , Im like a zombie today , luckily only work 11 til 3 on tuesdays so can take it easy:wave_cry:

Maybe a "whoosh" is on the way and you'll suddenly drop some pounds overnight.
I have a poached egg almost everyday and don't gain from it. Not sure about the effects of two though since one is about 90 calories.

Actually I rarely eat during the first part of the day , but was so hungry this morning through lack of sleepi think mainly that i had porridge , I thought chilli might just be a step to far at 9am lol

Ill keep you posted when I try it later

Ah Phoenix, the perils of daily weighing! You will lose that stubburn pound (and probably another one along with it!).

Please don't beat yourself up. You know that if you stick to it 100%, the weight will come off.;)

Back