Pheonix's Diary

Feb is a new month and TOTM will go away soon (just as mine hits probably :)).

mon 23 11.8
tue 24 11.5
wed 25 11.3.4
thurs 26 11.3.4 STS TOTM Grrr
fri 27 11.3.4
sat 28 11.4.4
sun 29 11.4.4.
mon 30 11.3.6 Still TOTM but at least its going down now

would like to have hit 11st but unless a miracle happens not likely , all I can do is keep plodding on , seem to be back in the swing of it now and going to draw up a list of mini targets , will put in the first message of this thread

have a good week everyone

Mini goals , stolen from someone else

BMI 34 BMI 33 BMI 32 BMI 31 BMI 30 BMI 29 BMI 28 BMI 27 BMI 26 BMI 26 BMI 25 BMI 24

Waist 39 Waist 38 Waist 37 Waist 36 Waist 35 Waist 34 Waist 33 Waist 32 Waist 31 Waist 30

Weight 12.5 Weight 12.0 Weight 11.7
Weight 11.0 Weight 10.10 Weight 10.5 Weight 10 Weight 9.10 Weight 9.5 Weight 9

Lost 1 stone Lost 1.5 stone Lost 2 stone Lost 2.5 stone Lost 3 stone Lost 3.5 stone

Lost 10lb Lost 20lb Lost 25lb Lost 30lb Lost 35lb Lost 40lb Lost 45lb

Last edited:
I think these steps are a great idea Phoenix...helps you to see exactly what you need to achieve. I'll try similar when I'm closer to goal!

mon 23 11.8
tue 24 11.5
wed 25 11.3.4
thurs 26 11.3.4 TOTM Started
fri 27 11.3.4
sat 28 11.4.4
sun 29 11.4.4.
mon 30 11.3.6
tues 31 11.2

Still TOTM , usually doesnt drag on this long , still feel bloated but dropped 1.6lb overnight ....weird !!

At least Ive hit my target , even if it is only to get back to where i started , would be nice to hit 11st this month but is that too much to ask?? ha ha probably

Really glad its almost a new month and im going into it determined , in ketosis and losing for a change

My Feb target will be low at 8lb, im aiming for just 2lb a week from now on , apart from a meal out on the 11th theres nothing much planned and I can get away with chicken and salad

Hopefully Feb will be one of my good months like August and November were , Jeez this is dragging on and my target date keeps moving further and further away but its a huge learning curve for me and teaching me so much about why I eat the way I do and going some way to retraining myself

Although Ive had some disastrous months , where Ive gained or broken even because Ive fallen off plan I think they have served the purpose of teaching me that I can maintain and I can get back on and recover the situation and I dont have to spiral out of control and put it all back on again

I suppose in the long run this way , although I dont recommend it is better for me that consistantly losing until I reach goal and getting there having learnt nothing about how Im going to maintain and fight my demons

Good luck those of you weighing in for Feb challenge today or tomoro :D

Couldn't have put it better myself Pheonix. We all need to take stock of why we put on weight in the first place. Remember too though that it is 'normal' for folk (even those not trying to slim) to gain weight on holiday, Christmas, etc and they usually have their own ways of cutting down to get back to their pre holiday, Christmas, etc weight. Because they look slim, no one really bats an eyelid when they complain that their waistband is feeling a little tight and so they are cutting down.

So don't beat yourself up too much about the weight gains some months - it is something that is likely to happen even after you reach target. In a way, you are probably preparing yourslf for your new eating habits and treating it as a way of life. Well done and good luck and I am sure you will be in the 10s in no time.

STS this morning , although the scales did flicker tantilisingly a 0.6 loss , it wasnt to be and they settled on sts

I really cant complain Ive had a good couple of days , im in ketosis and my resolve is pretty strong at the moment , so onwards and upwards to the next challenge

Im giving myself a modest Feb target of 10lb , Id be delighted with 7 or 8 to be honest put want to give myself a bit extra to push for , who knows how Feb will go , I had very high hopes for Jan and it turned out to be a bit of a disaster but at least Ive maintained ....again !!!

It's odd how some times we loose when we least expect it. I wish I understood more about how this works. But it does, that's enough and ketosis does help, Phoenix

mon 23... 11.8
tue 24 ....11.5
wed 25 ...11.3.4
thurs 26 ..STS TOTM Started
fri 27 ......STS
sat 28 ....11.4.4
sun 29 ....STS
mon 30 ...11.3.6
tues 31 ...11.2
wed 1 .....STS
thurs 2 ... STS

should be due a loss tomoro , would love to see a lb go , feel like I cant get below this bloody weight as ive got stuck here twice before and let sts get the better of me

I think seeing 10s instead of 11s on the scales will be such a massive boost for me , Im so determined right now not to stay here forever, I want to be in the 10s by Monday :D

Last edited:
You can do it Phoenix... and I really mean it, as if you do it, perhaps 10s might be possible for me...still dreaming of 12s and I've just entered the 13s. Lead the way, there's a dear!! :)

Ill try my best but Ive been soooo hungry today it just doesnt make sense

Trying to distract myself on here , this is a really tough time of day for me for some reason , from about 430 til 7 is a blooming nightmare , but i cant give in because I eat much later and if i start now , i wont make it through the evening

I find getting really busy helps and before you know it, it's time for bed ;-)

Ill try my best but Ive been soooo hungry today it just doesnt make sense

Trying to distract myself on here , this is a really tough time of day for me for some reason , from about 430 til 7 is a blooming nightmare , but i cant give in because I eat much later and if i start now , i wont make it through the evening

It's funny, it's almost like you are in a pattern of feeling hungry at a certain time of day P. Could you vary when you eat so that at this 'low' point you have just had or are just due a meal? Could you take a bit of a bar then? I have had an extra bit or two of a bar if I've felt cravings. It won't hurt. Good luck P. you're doing really well, try to find something that gets you through these low points. It's worth it!

Keep going Phoenix - think of that number 10!! I'm the same with the number 12 at the moment - obsessing about it! :)

Thanks Ladies , I havnt cracked , I usually go on t'internet on and off between finishing work at 5ish and 8 when my son goes to bed ,

read peoples diaries , catch up with emails , my friends on fb etc and before i know it its dinner time

hes happy becasue in between dinner , homework and playing he has rule of the tv , well until eastenders comes on

my problem is that the way i have to have my packs is not really very healthy , id love to be able to spread them out evenly over the course of the day and keep my metabolism and sugar even but it doesnt work for me psychologically

I have a real problem with late night eating , so i have to save 3 of my 4 packs for then

which only leave one for the daytime , which i have wheneve , sometimes its 10am if im really starving in the morning , sometimes lunchtime , other times mid afternoon

i drink black coffee and water to get me through

then usually after 9pm to 11pm i have my 3 packs

spag bol with veg , porridge and bar

i know its not good what im doing and i really shouldnt go to bed full but its the only way i can work it

if i have my packs 9am, 1pm , 5pm and 8pm which is probably what i should do , i just know that at 10pm ill be grabbing anything i can to eat

anyone else have an odd plan going on ? just so i dont feel totally weird

Because of a work-related situation, I spent all of January only starting on my packs after 5pm. Like you, I get the late night munchies.
This month, I'm going to try starting around 1-2pm.
It will never work for me to start before then, otherwise I will end up eating what I shouldn't.
So you're not alone hun x

Back