Pheonix's Diary

its just so frustrating because my losses now are the same as i was losing when i was doing WW and eating hardly anywhere near the same amount or as nice now but ill keep going and hope itll be a better loss next week, good luck hun im sure they will start moving again soon xx

are you drinking enough , i know I never do

how about we both drink 3 litres of water tomoro and see if that makes the scales move ???

ive always drunk between 2-3l a day and ive tried more but i feel really sick for some reason, i hate water and the only one i can get down me is from iceland its made by trewens its malic acid and its red apple flavour, it has a really strong flavour but i cant always get hold of it but try it hun its really nice, i dont know what else i can do i did think tonight about having a low carb blow out but then i know tomorrow ill feel rubbish so ive had 1 bar, 1 milkshake and will have my spag bol about 9 tonight with salad xx

I think the losses definitely slow down the longer you do it to be honest. I know my losses have slowed. Although I've put on weight during my planned breaks I've been able to lose it quite soon after starting plus the break seems to kick start my weight loss a bit so planned breaks are definitely the way forward for me.

Hiya Phoenix

I have just read your diary and thought i would say Hi :D

Very inspirational and i thoroughly enjoyed reading your journey, i will be keeping up to date from now on....just got to read all the other diaries now and catch up lol there is so many :)

I must admit i do put a bit of squash in my water , i know youre not supposed to but i havnt had any problems

thanks gunpowd3r , glad you enjoyed it , as you can see im not the best example of a vlcder , but I think we all have to make it however we can and it takes some of us a bit longer , my trouble is Im a bit of a rebel , but im trying to be a good girl now !!, good luck to you x

oh dear , had a blip last night , quite a big one , and im back up to 11.0 this morning , what a twonk !!:D

all being well Ill have recovered the situation by Monday , and still meet my Feb target of 10lb

I sort of expect a couple each month now , which is why my target is quite low , its like I can hold out for so long then it builds up and I just think "oh sod it!!" :break_diet:

I wont weigh myself until monday now , as it will probably go up again tomoro even if im 100%

got all my new lovely BL bars coming today , oh crikey , god help me

Hmmm theres a thought , i was plodding along nicely and ran out of bars a few days ago , that was my little treat before bed , and i know ive been missing that , wonder if there in lies the reason ??

oh well today will be a good day and so far I dont feel at all hungry and was convinced Id wake up hungry

good luck for the weekend everyone :)

I reckon you were just giving me a chance to catch up Phoenix. I'm 13 pounds exactly this am so only a pound ahead at the mo :)

Phoenix, you are definately going in the right direction and I reckon you and BG will be flying by me in Feb!

I agree too that the losses definately slow down as we near target and I think that's what makes it more difficult to keep motivated. It was a lot easier at the beginning when the weight loss was substantial and just about every week, something from my wardrobe became too big for me! Not so now....!!!

Keep going though, you will succeed.

youre right , you do get a little voice in your head saying "you look sooo much better now , you could stay like this and be happy"

its not true of course , Im only half way ,

yesterday was a bit of a struggle too but im 100% today and will be tomorow so hopefully ill be happy with the scales on monday :)

You'll have overtaken me soon Phoenix. I had a little treat tonight for my evening meal (loosely within the rules :)) plus 2 latte coffees earlier. Probably pay for it a bit on the scales tomorrow but it was worth it :)

not like you BG :)

i feel like im on a bit of a roundabout at the moment and not sure how to break this cycle i have created , i keep getting stuck every few pounds , i know im heading in the right direction but dont know why i keep sabotaging myself , its taking twice as long and i only have myself to blame grrrr!!

I'm thinking that with 20lbs to go I might step up a little at weekends so do something like the CD 810 plan and then revert back to the 600 plan (or whatever S&S 3 comes out at) during the week. I intend to be stricter during the week than at weekends during my maintenance plan so I'm thinking that I might as well start that regime now to get the hang of it :). I'm absolutely fine with it taking a bit longer this way as I absolutely don't find this a chore to be honest, and one of the main things for me is to learn how to eat normal portions that keep the weight off. I was going to get to the last stone before starting to step up a bit but I think that time has come to be honest.

its definitely the weekend for me that is the problem , im so busy in the week the day flies by and its not really an issue , i think the majority of my blips have started on a friday night

not sure what the answer is for me , you have come so far into your journey but im only half way so it seems to soon for me to be thinking about stepping up

and the things that i crave and which trip me up are definitely not healthy and not the things i should be eating at all , its not like i need more food some days , its that im craving junk

oh well , i have no answer , will just keep plodding on in my own roundabout way and maybe get there by xmas lol

You definitely have to do what's right for you. Like you I'm busy during the week but weekends I find it more challenging so I thought I'd add maybe some extra things at weekends to keep me motivated and on track. I feel much better now so I'm ok with taking things more slowly from now on.

I'm ok with adding things that are 'ok' and it stops me from adding things that are not ok. I'll see how it goes with the weight loss. I want to lose 2lb a week if I can so that leaves me with 10 weeks to go. If it's not working out in about 3 weeks and I'm not within my last stone by then I'll have a rethink.

Stick with it Pheonix, youre doing great! Whether you lose the weight slow or fast, you are losing it!
Its a difficult one when I think we all eat for so many reasons other than hunger but taking each day at a time and doing what it takes to do the best you can just for that day will work in the long run x

Agreed Phoenix, the weekends can be pretty hard. I think we are conditioned to feel that if we work hard all week, the weekend treats are food and drink.

However I think that is the way everyone feels (not just us VLCDieters) and a lot of folk who are not overweight push the boat out a bit at the weekend and eat healthily during the week. Having been a yo-yo dieter for most of my life (and only become more obese each time I stopped), I think we will probably need to look at our relationship with food in more detail. Perhaps remind ourselves that its ok to put on a couple of pounds at the weekend or a few on holiday as long as we get back on the wagon as soon as possible. After all, isn't that what most (non dieting) folk do?

Its a way off for me too as I am not going to be thinking about real maintenance until I have shifted a little more weight, but I know I have never lost as much as I did last year and more importantly, although I am not at target yet, I have not gone on the slippery slope despite a few breaks including 3 all inclusive holidays! I never want to go back to weighing 15 stones (after all the effort to lose it, I think I would be terrified to go back there now) but I am trying to accept the fact that everyone's weight varies a little. The thing is not to beat ourselves up about it, get back on whatever plan we are using and the weight will come off again.

You have done brilliantly well so far and you should congratulate yourself. The cravings are difficult, but when tempted remind yourself how good you are feeling. Come on here and type furtively too - that helps keep us out of the kitchen (like me now lol!)

Totally get your post Frannie, and that's what I intend to do during maintenance. Be good during the week and then have room for some slack at weekends. I just need to work out how much 'good' will offset the indulgence at the weekends. I'm trying it now and am stepping up a little at weekends and keeping completely to plan during the week. OK, that doesn't mean I'm going mad in terms of what I allow myself at weekends, I'm talking a couple of lattes max and a bit extra protein or something of that ilk but it helps me to keep focused. It'll still only come out at around 800 calories per day at the weekend, and 600 or so during the week.

update, been an interesting couple of weeks

fri 3.........11.1.2
sat 4 .......STS
sun 5.......10.13.4
mon 6......10.13.6 What??
tues 7 .....STS
wed 8......10.12.6
thurs 9.....STS
fri 10 .......STS
sat 11......STS starting to go off plan a bit here
sun 12 .....STS
mon 13 ....11.0
tues 14.....? did not weigh
wed 15 ....?
thurs 16....?
fri 17........11.0.2
sat 18......11.3.2 back on plan 100%
sun 19......11.1.0
mon 20.....?
tues 21.....10.13.8
wed 22.....10.12.8

I started Feb at 11.2 and at that point I was on the plan 100% and in ketosis , and even though I hit that weight again (actually more than that ) on the 18th Id been off plan to a more or lesser degree for over a week at that point.

When I was off plan apart from a couple of days where I ate whatever i wanted i was still trying to stick to the plan but maybe just eating 1 or 2 extra packs or having something i shouldnt but nothing major

Im hoping to end the month on 10 .10 , that would be a loss this month of 6lb which isnt great but considering all the cheating Ive been doing I cant complain at all

Ill then be aiming for 10st by my Easter holiday April 7th

Ive been 100% for 4 days now, I dont think Im in ketosis yet so hopeful of a small loss tomoro , its going to be difficult to hit 10.10 by March 1st but Ill try my best

wish I could just stick to it , I dont find it particularly hard I just have no will power during my weak moments

I cant even stay on plan for 2 weeks at a time and there are others sticking to it 100% for months

It does feel like I take 2 steps forward and one back ,and I only have myself to blame becasue when I stick to it my body does do pretty much exactly what I expect it to do (lose 1lb , every 3 to 4 days)
I suppose at least the progress is in the right direction in a roundabout very lengthy way , Ill get there in the end its just taking much longer than I thought and I keep having to lower my expectations and push back my goal dates

Back