• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Photographic height/weight chart UPDATED

Christiana

Mens sana in corpore sano
S: 35st10lb C: 34st4lb G: 27st0lb BMI: 78.7 Loss: 1st6lb(4%)
Hello everyone,

Found this via one of the blogs I read. Thought people might find it interesting to see a photographic representation of the traditional height/weight chart - particularly useful for those wishing to see what "real" people (as opposed to a line on a chart!) look like at different weights and heights. May also help with setting targets (an alternative to just BMI perhaps?)

Photographic Height/Weight Chart

**********************EDIT (08/08/11)**************************

Hello MiniMin-ers! Reading all your enthusiastic responses to the chart above, I have discovered yet another "visual" resource. Check it out if you are so inclined (sorry guys, this one is a women only resource, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for a similar male version). This one has a drop down menu of heights (4' 0" - 6' 5") and weights (100lbs - 300lbs) to choose from, similarly helpful in deciding targets. It also has sizes - theses are US sizes though - AND, you can even select your body shape - Apple, pear, banana and hourglass - to see what those shapes look like at various increments. Enjoy!

My Body Gallery

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:
S: 22st5lb C: 15st5lb G: 12st8lb BMI: 30.8 Loss: 7st0lb(31.31%)
Thanks chick, l have been curious on how l would look once this weight is gone. x

Christiana

No probs, really intersting to see how real people look at these heights/weights eh? BMI's all well and good, but sometimes a visual representation is best to point you in the right direction...especially if you've never been at your desired weight.

Jayellekay

this time - the last time
S: 16st6lb C: 11st10lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 32 Loss: 4st10lb(28.7%)
That's great! Really useful!

hbb

Thoroughly Determined
What a great post - so interesting!

S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
That's good, took me a while to find some one the corresponding height/weight. I think I look slimmer than he does though. I read somewhere once a photo adds 10lbs to your weight.

Christiana

10lbs?!?! I totally believe that, and it really shows on some people...I notice some people photograph differently to how they look in real life. Very strange!

that is a great idea...although, strangely I look way bigger than the people in my height and weight range...I guess it all depends on how much of that weight is muscle mass and how much is fat.

------------------------

Postal gold

Last edited:
S: 20st0lb C: 14st2lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 29.2 Loss: 5st12lb(29.29%)
that is a great idea...although, strangely I look way bigger than the people in my height and weight range....
Ha ha I thought exactly the same thing. But as well as that although I've lost over three stone - I can't see any difference in me when I look in the mirror either - still the scales (and my jeans) are telling me a different story...phew!

Splash

Gold Member
S: 21st10lb C: 21st0lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 42.2 Loss: 0st10lb(3.29%)
Amazing site, thank you. I've been overweight since I was a child and don't have a clue as to what my 'ideal' weight should be. Nice to see how I could look!