Photographic height/weight chart UPDATED

Christiana

Mens sana in corpore sano
Hello everyone,

Found this via one of the blogs I read. Thought people might find it interesting to see a photographic representation of the traditional height/weight chart - particularly useful for those wishing to see what "real" people (as opposed to a line on a chart!) look like at different weights and heights. May also help with setting targets (an alternative to just BMI perhaps?)

Photographic Height/Weight Chart

**********************EDIT (08/08/11)**************************

Hello MiniMin-ers! Reading all your enthusiastic responses to the chart above, I have discovered yet another "visual" resource. Check it out if you are so inclined (sorry guys, this one is a women only resource, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for a similar male version). This one has a drop down menu of heights (4' 0" - 6' 5") and weights (100lbs - 300lbs) to choose from, similarly helpful in deciding targets. It also has sizes - theses are US sizes though - AND, you can even select your body shape - Apple, pear, banana and hourglass - to see what those shapes look like at various increments. Enjoy!

My Body Gallery

Last edited:
Thanks chick, l have been curious on how l would look once this weight is gone. x

No probs, really intersting to see how real people look at these heights/weights eh? BMI's all well and good, but sometimes a visual representation is best to point you in the right direction...especially if you've never been at your desired weight.

That's great! Really useful!

What a great post - so interesting!

That's good, took me a while to find some one the corresponding height/weight. I think I look slimmer than he does though. I read somewhere once a photo adds 10lbs to your weight.

10lbs?!?! I totally believe that, and it really shows on some people...I notice some people photograph differently to how they look in real life. Very strange!

that is a great idea...although, strangely I look way bigger than the people in my height and weight range...I guess it all depends on how much of that weight is muscle mass and how much is fat.

------------------------

Postal gold

Last edited:
that is a great idea...although, strangely I look way bigger than the people in my height and weight range....

Ha ha I thought exactly the same thing. But as well as that although I've lost over three stone - I can't see any difference in me when I look in the mirror either - still the scales (and my jeans) are telling me a different story...phew!

Amazing site, thank you. I've been overweight since I was a child and don't have a clue as to what my 'ideal' weight should be. Nice to see how I could look!

Back