PHOTOS UPLOADED! Bone density & Being size 12!!! Astonished!

Photos now in album Progress pics. Included one of me in the blue dress!

You look amazing :D well done you (although I have to admit I am a lilttle jealous :p).

Emma xXx

I think you have to have 50 posts before you can view pictures xXx

Just looked at the photos and all I can say is you look AMAZING!!!!

Well done you :D

Thanks all!
I have to admit at the moment it's starting to feel a bit scary, like an alien has taken my body, morphed it, and given it back so it feels all different and not quite that cosy old body I was so used to?! This is unchartered territory for me after all... My head is saying "yaaaay!" and my emotions are saying "aaaaaaaah! What's happening??!" Not quite caught up.

I'm like that pb I'm a 12-14 now and was a 22 16 weeks ago and I look in the mirror and just can't quite see me for what I really am at the mo, drives my hubby mad when I'm saying that I can't see where I've lost it :p.

I do think it's just a case of our minds catching up with our bodies though!

Emma xXx

Someone suggested having a video taken of you walking throught town, etc., so you can really see you - still photos sometimes distort, but this way you see you among others,m and see how you really look. I want to do that but have not had the opp yet.

It does take a long time for it to come together in our heads. I STILL don't see me as others do! SOmeone the other day told me I am petite!! I told them they were mad! For one I am too tall to be petite - but it made my day and made me giggle!! We jut don't, or won;t see us truly. It takes time and practice!!

xx

PB you look fab! The change in your body shape is clear. *THE* dress will be fitting you comfortably in no time at all.

Some good advice there. I really do see and feel the change in my weight, it's not like I'm having to look hard to find any changes. It's more like I see the changes, and I feel my body is turning into someone else's body?! I suppose because I always looked at others who were a normal size and said to myself "well that just them and the way they are, and this is Me and the way I am".. Almost like it became part of my identity being size 16? And now I'm morphing into a more normal size, I feel like it's not me any more?!

Oh wait there's some nice men at the door, oddly all wearing white coats, and they've got a lovely jacket for me to wear! :p

After processing some really huge emotions yesterday I've come out to a much better place today.

But I've also realised that doing this diet is about finding a weight and size where I'm comfortable at - not what any doctor or calculator tells me I should be at. So I've decided to lose another stone, get down to 13st and then if I'm happy where I am I'll allow myself to go to RTM. If I choose to lose more weight from there, it will be because I want to lose more and because I'm happy with doing so.

I also realised that if I go skinnier than I'm happy with, I'll just end up not being able to maintain because I wont WANT to keep at that weight.

Last 2 days I've been lapsing because my mind cannot cope with the fact that when I will lose another 3 stone from where I am, I feel like in a way I will be losing part of me. All of my adult life I've been that weight and size and it's getting used to a different sort of attention from people - not feeling overlooked any more, feeling like I could be attractive to people. That's powerful and hard to get used to because before although I didn't realise it, my weight was like a shield and a security blanket. If I can settle on a weight where I am Comfortable being at, then it should help me to adjust to that, and not feel like I'm getting used to living in a skeleton, AND all the changes associated.

I feel SO much better for making this decision. I can cope with losing another stone, and settling at that if I want to. It feels fine to me. BMI is just a number. So is body fat percentage. Psychological well being is much more important than either of those.

Back