Pig in the city!

i think it's a brilliant idea: to get it all down. these are things that you obviously already knew, but sometimes articulating them like this helps to get some clarity we wouldn't otherwise have had. and massive congratulations for having that clarity at 24. I wish I had. I was no more that your top weight at that age. But by not taking things properly in hand, i got to 19st 4 by this summer (37 y/old).

your future's bright, Hannah.

Well done for realising what your issues are and facing them. I too put on weight when I met my OH. We both ballooned through dating, then take always, then cosy nights in, then junk food due to wori life. Someone told me it was a sign of contentment and that was my excuse for a while. Pregnancy added on more, and it was only after having 2 kids and turning 30 I decided I could be the fat frumpy mum or a thinner fun one Who had the energy to play. At my heaviest I was touching 14 stone.

It is scary how easy it is to let it creep up. I know what you mean about boarding school. I learnt at mine how *****y the girls can be and how living there in your teenage years can create a lot of dis functions. My confidence and sense of self took a big battering, which my OH has given back to me over the years.

Shout up if you ever need more support, but you sound like a strong person, I think you can do this!

i think it's a brilliant idea: to get it all down. these are things that you obviously already knew, but sometimes articulating them like this helps to get some clarity we wouldn't otherwise have had. and massive congratulations for having that clarity at 24. I wish I had. I was no more that your top weight at that age. But by not taking things properly in hand, i got to 19st 4 by this summer (37 y/old).

your future's bright, Hannah.

Thanks Spangles. You have been a massive help over this first week. Hopefully I can have a blip free record as well! Babies here we come :) xxx

Did you try the porridge? The porridge is good because the lumps make it feel like real food! :)

Hi Mush,

I have tried the apple n cinnamon and the maple syrup and agree that its so so so very nice to actually chew! My main concern is that there have been a few post from people saying they have a shelf life palette-wise. I have decided to ration it to four a week and save it for when I think I am going to crack from not having anything that actually feels like food!

Have you tried the plain one? How are you doing this week?

Well done for realising what your issues are and facing them. I too put on weight when I met my OH. We both ballooned through dating, then take always, then cosy nights in, then junk food due to wori life. Someone told me it was a sign of contentment and that was my excuse for a while. Pregnancy added on more, and it was only after having 2 kids and turning 30 I decided I could be the fat frumpy mum or a thinner fun one Who had the energy to play. At my heaviest I was touching 14 stone.

It is scary how easy it is to let it creep up. I know what you mean about boarding school. I learnt at mine how *****y the girls can be and how living there in your teenage years can create a lot of dis functions. My confidence and sense of self took a big battering, which my OH has given back to me over the years.

Shout up if you ever need more support, but you sound like a strong person, I think you can do this!

Tell me about it Egbert!

I think boarding schools are really scarring places. The amount of bullying and nasty gossip that goes on is unbelievable.

Do you find that its still hard when sitting with OH watching a film not to think mmmmm junk, I do but of course its early days!

My hardest time is the evenings - OH is working loads and when he comes home tends to fall asleep on the sofa very quickly, so I get bored only own and start to pick.

The easiest cure I have found is water and an early night. Boring, but it helps.

Day 7

Bad day.

I'm really down and teary and the boredom isn't helping it. God I want to be in the pub with pizza and booze and fags.

I know how you feel - pretty down and fed up too. Don't mention pizza! Or beer! Or fags!

:( :(

damsel_inadress said:
Ok, so a few post ago I said I would introduce myself and such but never actually did. So here goes,

My name is Hannah, I am 24 years old. I'm a student in London hoping to become a teacher/ lecturer next year.

I have had issues with weight since I was thirteen and was sent me off too boarding school (got a grant). Turns out they are basically a breeding ground for eating problems, soon I learnt all the best tips for staying slim and dieting badly. In my lowest moments I was drinking watered down shampoo to make myself sick, mmmmmmm chemically!

In saying that I have never had an eating disorder (or never been thin enough for anyone to diagnose me with an eating disorder!) but I have always had disordered eating.

After school I remained slim by cutting out carbs. Until, in my late teens I met my ex. I went from eating half a six inch subway to finishing a foot-long in six months. Four years later and I was tipping the scales at 13 stone. I did weight watchers for a while lost a stone but soon gave up.

My weight consumed me and my relationship feel apart. My solution? Eating my way into a darker place- 13'8'. After my 21st I decided enough was enough and started to exercise. I lost a stone again but soon plateaued and became frustrated.

A friend of mine had lost and maintained for ages on diet pills so I decided to give them a go. For over a year I took Apidexin, Alli and another one too dangerous to mention. As my weight dropped off so did my friends. Luckily the new man I had met following a move to the big city, realized that my mood swings and general craziness were due to the drugs and whilst I was out he threw them away :)

Since then I have become a massive foody and my weight has ballooned, I am now weighing in at 13'13' :cry:.

I would love to have kids but am weary of passing my dangerous eating habits onto them, also my doctor has told me I have PCOS and will find it very hard to conceive. Soooooo here I am. I am doing this for my wonderful OH, for the family we want to have and for my own confidence.

Sorry for the post, just thought writing it down might be a nice way of saying goodbye to all the rubbish! :D

Great post to read, it's good to tell your story, and I can really relate to the struggle with weight and food from a early age. I think I even tried to diet when I was 8 but I didn't know what I was doing I just knew that being thin was supposedly good and I used to skip lunch n fake tummy aches n things like that! But this is a great time to reflect and really think about why these patterns have formed, and how to break them and feel happier long term. Will be tuning in to hear your updates :) x

I know how you feel - pretty down and fed up too. Don't mention pizza! Or beer! Or fags!

:( :(

Sorry! I think Friday nights are gonna be my tough ones, guessing it the same for everyone. At least tomorrow we shall be thinner and one step closer to goal! I have weigh in and then we are going to see the OH sister so it will be a good day!

Any plans for tomorrow to focus on?

Not right now - I feel quite crap. Although the kids seem to have the xmas decs in mind, so it could be tree day.

Friday nights now suck! I look forward to Thursday mornings now!! (my weigh in)

What have I become ha ha x

My weigh in is tomorrow which is at least something as today has been really tough!

I thought I should put my goals here before my first official WI! I am also thinking about rewards but will have to decide that later:

1. Survive the first week (12 hours and counting!)
2. Get my BMI under 30 and back in the overweight section
3. Hit the 12's
4. Make it till Christmas eve
5. Fit back into the outfit I met my OH in!
6. Hit the 11's
7. Healthy BMI
8. Hit the 10's
9. Comfortable size 14
10. Comfortable size 12

Right off to bed for 8 hours before the inevitable! So so so nervous :)

First weigh in

Today was my first weigh in and after last night I was really hoping for something good!

I lost 7.25 pounds! :D

My CWC had told me not to expect much because PCOS and weight loss is so tricky so a was really chuffed with half a stone.

Also this means that I bid adieu to obese, I can't say I shall miss you, and say 'well hello there' to overweight.

Two goals down in week one.

I be a very happy lady!

Well done - thats fab news. Makes you super motivated for the next week too :)

Wow, that's a great loss. Has it spurred you on for week 2?

I didn't realise yet another thing to contend with for those of us that have PCOS was slow weight loss even on this diet? I haven't noticed any change in my hairy/spotty symptoms, but I have had my first period in ages this week. I can only think that's down to the weight loss x

Back