Pig in the city!

Day 8

Thanks Guys!! Honestly couldn't have done the first week without the support of all on here. :D

Just got back from a weekend at OH sisters in Tonbridge (surprisingly lovely town with fabulous charity shops) at there new house.

They are both massive foodies so the plan was a walk into town to try out the new speciality cafe, followed by a Waitrose dinner (wont go into details) and then films and snacks on Saturday followed by a trip to a FARMERS MARKET on Sunday.

I didn't go off plan! I ate with everyone but had tuna steak and broccoli instead of the cheesy, carbie, garlicy feast that Sarah had laid out. Also whilst in town I brought a brilliant new 80's wiggle dress in a size 10 that I am going to use as my goal dress woop woop.

I was worried about the market today but luckily we all woke up really late so didn't go!

However, two days SS+ almost felt like I was cheating, I know I wasn't but still. It has got me thinking about Crimbo and whether it might just be easier to stick too SS and not eat anything rather than having an ss+ break and then feeling unnecessary guilt.

What's everyone else thinking of doing?

SS here. I don't think there's much disagreement that it's harder to come back after time off than it is to stay on. For a lot of people it's not very hard and they manage perfectly well. But i'm not prepared to take that risk.

SS here. I don't think there's much disagreement that it's harder to come back after time off than it is to stay on. For a lot of people it's not very hard and they manage perfectly well. But i'm not prepared to take that risk.

oh no I just wieghed myself and I'm three pound heavier after a weekend of SS+.

Spangles I think that may be good advice x

I will have xmas dinner, but I am going to be restrained and not gorge.

I am not going all out on the xmas feasting and chocolate though - I feel bloated today after a bit of bagel

Day 10

Great day yesterday, got loads of work done. Sorted out my timetable for next year, did loads of reading for a particularly tricky essay and cleared all my emails!

For the first time I didn't drink enough water and as a result had to smile n nod through most conversations. Thank god I was cooped up in a silent study booth for most of the day!

One rather annoying thing. People have begun to voice concerns about the diet and its piddling me off. I understand where there coming from. I was a COMPLETE mental when I took diet pills!! But as this is a GP approved diet and not rat poison smuggled in from America under the guise of medication through a fake medical website (beware, beware) I think they should flippin' calm down!

Oh and with regards to Jesus day, I have decided to go off plan on Christmas day, Boxing day, and New Years eve. None of my family are behind me dieting on those days so I would most probably give in anyway. I would rather plan a break than feel even more guilt by cheating :confused:

There is no harm in having some days off, you just need to be aware of what you are eating and be restrained. After the weekend I have just had, I plan to have one meal on the day before xmas eve, one or xmas eve, then have a drink and meal on xmas day, as I have decided part of the pain filled weekend was due to trying to eat and drink in one day after week of SS, and I don't want to spend xmas night bloated and uncomfortable and with stomach pains.

Agreed, its not about taking the risk with booze and ketosis!

My scales have stopped moving. Even naked, post wee, visualising fluffy clouds and wafting feathers I am still just one pound lighter. How can this be?

Me no cheat

Wafting feathers - :)

It has t slow down at some point, to test your will power. As you know, I failed the test. But you can do it!

I had a gain in week 3 for no reason I could work out, but if you stick to it it has to work. You have to catch up with your calorie intake. I guess it's just your body saying WTF! Don't even think of wobbling, stick at it xx

Wobbling is not in my vocab!

I just reweighed as it annoyed me so much and now I have lost four pounds. Hopefully this should even out by weigh in. If not then there is always next week.

Maybe I should stop obsessively weighing myself....oh but it makes me feel so good. ;)

Today has been great otherwise. I have written my presentation for tomorrow AND sorted my dissertation into chapters which has really taken the weight off. Now I only have a citizenship and human rights essay left before Christmas.

On a even happier note, I volunteer once a week at NC peoples library and today my 'boss' said she was thinking of giving me an official title. I wonder what it will be? I am hoping for something catchy like 'Shelf Goddess' or 'Supreme knowledge distributor'...

Nice ta see ya back in cyberland Bluegirl xx

I thought of you at lunch time today when I was gazing at frocks. I'd not heard of the brand before but there it was Damsel in a Dress!

How did your presentation go? X

Hey! Damsel just read through your diary thread and you're doing so well! I have planned days for 22, 24, Christmas day and new year's eve and plan is to have no carbs or alcohol! Xmas day I'll probably have vegetables but no roast potatoes!

bluegirl said:
I thought of you at lunch time today when I was gazing at frocks. I'd not heard of the brand before but there it was Damsel in a Dress!

How did your presentation go? X

Presentation went well thanks! But i lost one of my tetras at uni (god knows how) so went from morning till ten pm with only one tetra... Tough!

I didn't know there was a clothing label! Its my name on everything... Bar ebay! Are the dresses nice?

Kira said:
Hey! Damsel just read through your diary thread and you're doing so well! I have planned days for 22, 24, Christmas day and new year's eve and plan is to have no carbs or alcohol! Xmas day I'll probably have vegetables but no roast potatoes!

Wow thats some staying power! I am staying carb free but will be drinking on Monday, Christmas eve, day and new years.... Do love a crimbo tipple! i think the tatties on the big day are gonna be the hardest thing eh!

Well after trying on some old clothes last night and seeing how far I have come as they were all too big, I feel demotivated to maintain for xmas. Low carbs, and maybe even low alcohol. Well - that may be pushing it!

Every day i wake up i feel guilty about crimbo! My weight loss tracker says that if i keep going i will reach goal by the end of Feb or march. That would be amazing...

I don't think a diet should make you feel guilty or stressed - that is just more likely to make you give up on it. Xmas is family time, and eating together is part of that. You can enjoy Xmas without gorging though - the diet should teach you self control, not deprivation. Why don't you see xmas as a test or practice one for life after you reach goal. I found that when I maintained over my holidays (as you can see from my sig) that it reassured me that I would be able to do it after the diet.

Great advice egbert, i shall relax, eat sensibly and enjoy familey and friends and a little glass of baileys with my its-not-the-mother-in-law

I agree with Egbert don't feel guilty about Christmas! You have to do what suits you on the day. For others only complete abstinence is because they choose to in order to stay on track. For me, my plans are to not let me fall off track because I am on a knife's edge getting back into CWP.

So enjoy! Lot of "slim" people have the works on Christmas day but they know when to stop hence why they don't get fat! For us prone to putting weight on it's probably because we don't know when to stop.......well certainly is the case for me!

Back