Pig in the city!

damsel_inadress

Hello all,

I have a diary on the official cd forum but can't access it from my phone so thought I would make a second... Anything to stop thinking about food!

I am on my second day and my hunger pains are so bad I can't sleep! Can't wait till this week is over and it gets easier..... It does get easier right? :/

Last edited:
It does. Took me about 6 days to be completely in the clear, but it's been almost plain sailing since (four and a bit months later).

Thats ok then cos i dont think i could manage feeling like this forever! How much have you lost spangles?

4.5 stone at my last weigh in. another weigh in tomorrow.

Thats amazing! Good luck with your weigh in!

This part WILL pass honest! It feels like only yesterday when I really had doubts about cracking on lol but I am now starting my 3rd week, it really, really does fly, I think because we concentrate so much on official weigh days that we don't really notice the rest of the week. Keep going, just keep with the water x

Thanks for the messages of support ladies!

Today has been the worst so far, I have felt terrible all day and very nearly threw up

On a brighter note I have gone from 13'13.5' to 13'9 in three days so I will keep going and keep loosing :)

One question though.... can someone help me out with the shakes you have to make... its like drinking powdery watered down paste! :sigh:

Night night xx

are you using a blender? a cheap stick blender will do (about £5 from sainsburys etc). Then also, it's a creamier consistency if you stick some ice cubes (at least five) in there before you whizz the blender.

if that doesn't work, go for the tetras (cartons). If you squeeze the carton as you suck on the straw, the whole lot can be gone in seconds, and got over with.

Oh thanks Spangles!

I shall try that today

As spangle said, blender for the shakes. And whisk for the soups, except the tomato which just goes frothy.

I was better by day 4. You can do it, great losses do far!

Last night was very rough. No matter how I tried I just couldn't get to sleep! I think it may have been a mixture of the gallon of coffee I drunk to get me through my evening class or just normal week one stuff n fluff.

Not all bad though, my lack of sleep meant that I was able to read through some diary's and get some inspiration:p

Later today I shall properly introduce myself!

But for now, I have spent my morning sitting in Lewisham hospital as my OH passed out on the train this morning, it turns out it was nothing serious!

All I have to say is geewhizz hospitals are full of treats and naughty stuff and in the end the worry of waiting for him got to me and I gave in and brought a coke zero. Hey ho it wasn't a twix :D

Tarrah x

Sorry to hear about your OH, hope he's feeling better this evening.

I can't help with the shakes as I just have chocolate tetras. They are quite sweet to I mix them with the same amount to boiling water and it's almost as nice as a hot chocolate............maybe

Ohhh that sounds really good bluegirl. I think the choc cartons are my favorite thing so far.

I have saved a chocolate shake to have as a hot choc on friday when him indoors inevitably goes out ont town and I am left sitting at home watching Red dwarf!

Well done for going away and still loosing almost half a stone, hopefully i can follow in your footsteps this weekend! How has your week been going so far?

Day 5

Day 5

I am currently hiding in my bed after an attack of fridge, freezer AND cupboard diving.

I have been trying to right an essay plan all day long for my Citizenship and Human rights lecture (I say all day, it was probably about four hours if your remove the time spent procrastinating.)

Anyway the other half came in and suggested I talk through my ideas with him, which was lovely as I have dyslexia which makes structure nigh on impossible. As we chatted I could feel the panic mounting, I was snapping at everything he said and just being fowl. I have a massive confidence problem when it comes to work and ability so ended up tidying my work away.

THEN I went straight to the kitchen. It wasn't until I had the Ice-ream in my hand that I realised what I was doing! The moment I felt something uncomfortable I ran for the kitchen.

I left the room and came straight here to type and the ice-cream is now slowly melting, untouched in the bin :D.

Comfort eating to comfort typing DONE

Well done for putting down that spoon. I have real trouble with checking stuff in the bin, mce I open it.

TBH, my OH walking in and asking what I was doing helped a lot :)

I think now though I may need to clean out the fridge directly after I have had a shake to avoid any other embarrassing belly flops!

Ok so its my second evening class of the week and tonight I am having my piece work-shopped *cringe*. Normally afterwards we all go out and drink copious amounts of cider, student style. Obviously I wont be doing that BUT I may attempt to go along for a soda water as I love the group and its always lots of fun.

What do people think? Is it too soon on week one? I would love to hear other peoples opinions on this!

Its horrid weather down hear atm, hopes it better were ever you all are!

x

Loving the concept of comfort typing. Its great to have this place to vent when you need to. It's a little controversial in some of the forums because they say you can lose some of the nutrients by doing this, but as ice cream used to be a weakness of mine I don occasionally freeze a tetra pack. It's not Hagen das but it is chocolately and cold and if you time it right just lovely!

I've been to the put and stuck to water, it's not too bad, it's definitely worth it when you see the results x

Yeah I have heard about that Bluegirl. Personally I am not sure I would want to make ice-cream as I would just be reinforcing the bad habits I have picked up. Hopefully I can learn to stop using food as a 'treat' and buy lovely dresses instead :)

However, don't be surprised if you receive a message from me in a few weeks time asking you how long and in what I should freeze the shake!!!!

Day 6

Sooooo I decided not too go t'pub. I think I need a few more weeks getting used to being the 'sober one' rather than the drunken funny gal before I can go out and not just be gagging for a pint!

The OH (Matt from now on) HAS gone out drinking so will no doubt wake me up in the early hours of the morning to tell me just how much fun he had. grrrrrrrrr

Blah blah blah, the past.

Ok, so a few post ago I said I would introduce myself and such but never actually did. So here goes,

My name is Hannah, I am 24 years old. I'm a student in London hoping to become a teacher/ lecturer next year.

I have had issues with weight since I was thirteen and was sent me off too boarding school (got a grant). Turns out they are basically a breeding ground for eating problems, soon I learnt all the best tips for staying slim and dieting badly. In my lowest moments I was drinking watered down shampoo to make myself sick, mmmmmmm chemically!

In saying that I have never had an eating disorder (or never been thin enough for anyone to diagnose me with an eating disorder!) but I have always had disordered eating.

After school I remained slim by cutting out carbs. Until, in my late teens I met my ex. I went from eating half a six inch subway to finishing a foot-long in six months. Four years later and I was tipping the scales at 13 stone. I did weight watchers for a while lost a stone but soon gave up.

My weight consumed me and my relationship feel apart. My solution? Eating my way into a darker place- 13'8'. After my 21st I decided enough was enough and started to exercise. I lost a stone again but soon plateaued and became frustrated.

A friend of mine had lost and maintained for ages on diet pills so I decided to give them a go. For over a year I took Apidexin, Alli and another one too dangerous to mention. As my weight dropped off so did my friends. Luckily the new man I had met following a move to the big city, realized that my mood swings and general craziness were due to the drugs and whilst I was out he threw them away :)

Since then I have become a massive foody and my weight has ballooned, I am now weighing in at 13'13' :cry:.

I would love to have kids but am weary of passing my dangerous eating habits onto them, also my doctor has told me I have PCOS and will find it very hard to conceive. Soooooo here I am. I am doing this for my wonderful OH, for the family we want to have and for my own confidence.

Sorry for the post, just thought writing it down might be a nice way of saying goodbye to all the rubbish! :D

Back