Pink's Diary

43p what brand Jo?

Hartley's at Asda (now 40p I see...). Sugar free, two little sachets, add water and you get 4 little jellies, 10 cals each!

Hello Pink Fluff (and I'm sorry but I've forgotten your real name!!)...

Yes definitely not enough breakfast there... what we were told re the oatbran etc. is that, because it isn't kept in the body as it "passes through taking things with it" (I expect there's a medical bod who could put that far better!), it's good to take it at breakfast or lunch so that there's food coming after it to accompany it out! (or similar!!).

I have mine on Fridays for dinner - as I tend to be in a car so easier to deal with... I so miss them at breakfast time on a Friday (tummy's rumbling now... wondering what horrors I have planned for it in muffins' absence!)

I find my silicon muffin moulds excellent... my metal ones stick (but then I found some individual silicon ones to line with); paper cases always stick, grrr!

Well done on weight though!

well done Pink Fluff!!!!!!!!! looks like we have had the 2lb fairy this week

Well I went for the muffin before the doctors as I was starving. Probably a good idea to have muffin for breakfast or mid morning I think. Just had lunch as well, galette roast chicken quark and mustard with a boiled egg then a toffee yoghurt yum! Hopefully I will survive the afternoon. Big smile this morning after the nurse told me I'd lost weight as well. Hope everyone else is having a good day!

Last edited:
glad you having fab day :D

Sorry last post was on iphone and it replaced words for me so made no sense! Anyway........

Discovered the delights of toffee muller lights today. Generally been good today but ate far too many eggs! OH made me steak with a fried egg on top for dinner which was amazing but put the egg count up further, had at least four today. Lucky I don't have cholesterol issues! Also blood pressure test today suggests all the salt I've had this week has worked; 116/63 rather than my usual 90/60.

Debating whether to do several PP days in a row next week as on tuesday I'm going to a work lunch so that will be a PV day so I can have salad, then on friday we're going to Jamie's italian for lunch which I'm excited about but again need to be able to eat 'proper' food. I was wondering if I should just make the other days all PP to make up for was will inevitably be two non Dukan meals.

No...........well I put salt in a galette if I'm having it for lunch and I remember, also tend to put a little bit on whatever I'm having for dinner. I have very low blood pressure and cutting salt out completely makes me ill (I tend to start fainting).

with regards to the PP yes i would do PP on the other days babe x

Well complete disaster diet wise this evening! Went to the OH's parents house and I took round a galette in an effort to be good and stick with the diet. His step mum had cooked a morrocan meal for us so I thought I could get away with the galette and some meat with a bit of sauce, but no she'd god all out with fancy cous cous a sauce that had tons of honey and sugar and nuts in and home made morrocan bread.

Ended up having a bit of the cous cous and some chicken in sauce and a slice of bread in order not to be rude. Also had my glass filled with 2 lots of red wine and then there was dessert of chocolate tart fruit and fat free creme frais.

So well and truly failed this evening and got home and decided as I'm already well and truly out of ketosis to have one of our home grown strawberries and an amazing amarette biscuit from the farmers market.

I do have a plan though, Tuesday and Friday I have work lunches so will be eating veg but the other days I'm going go for attack, hopefully that might kick start me back into ketosis!

Hun we have all had bad days but you have already done the right thing in turning it around and making a plan to get back on track. Well done.

I just would have felt so rude especially as she made so much effort and my OH gave her no warning I was on a diet. It's difficult to explain as well "if I eat this I'll stop losing weight as my body will stop a complicated metabolic process.........." not something I wanted to explain! It didn't help that she diets a lot and thinks its ok to have "treat meals" which it is when you're only calorie counting. But the damage is done so now its time to throw myself back into the Dukan!!!

Well like i said we have all had the odd treat or day off. Dont feel bad, youve done well in keeping the in-laws happy and that deserves a medal or good meal in itself! Pmsl. You'll be straight back on it tomorrow so enjoy your night off and dont stress over it

yes back on track. p.s. omg that morroccan dinner did sound worth it though ;)

It's really hard when invited out I know... whenever I go for a cuppa with the old lady in the village who lets us plant our veggies on her land, she gets biscuits/cakes/homemade brioche or something out. I used to eat them with joy prior to Dukan, or when in Stab last time, but now of course I have to make excuses - and I can see that she doesn't understand despite my explanations about "stupid diets" (I like to get that one in before someone else does!!!)... so I've now found the easiest thing is to pop in to see her at a different time of day than the 4pm tea + biscuit routine we had! Such a shame too cos she enjoyed it I know!!

Ketogenic diets make us unsociable!

Yep very hard, I didn't want to be rude but am paying for it today. I feel so sick, had to go home from work as my stomach was churning and I felt dizzy

oh thats carbs for you!! hope you feel better soon x

<think on the positive side: no constipation today at least!!>

Back