Plateau?.......

carol007

Just had my 19th weigh in and lost ZERO pounds........Why and how does this happen, I know I do struggle with the water consumption some days but to lose nothing seems strange. The chemist didn't seem overly concerned and said stuff about water retention, hot weather and that my body could be used to the diet now and I have reached plateau.....I don't see how on these few calories a day. Any other ideas on why?

Hi Carol, I think they say that because they just dont really know why, but I really think you probalby have lost fat but its not showing up on the scales, I did 21 weeks on L/T in 2010 and I lost 5lbs in my last week on it so I dont think your body gets used to lower calories. It is annoying when you dont lose you feel like you are putting in maximum effort without the payback but it is just one week, hopefully next week you could drop 7? Ive seen it happen so stay positive hun 19 weeks is an amazing achievement!! Good luck for next week :)

I can't speak from LT experience but from low carbing a few years ago I found that weeks where my weight stuck, I dropped inches instead. Just keep plodding along, it'll kick back in soon. You're doing amazing!

I did lipo for 9 months in 2002 and I never had a week where u didn't lose so that's rubbish about your body getting used to it, don't be disheartened tho, keep going and I'm sure you will have a super loss next week x

Never trust your own scales as they lie and also your weight will change by up to 1-3 pounds during the day depending on water intake and shakes

Thank you Guys! I will keep plodding away and let you know if I have a good loss next week! Repeat after me " I will not eat 'til I can see my feet! ;)

Hi Carol, I had 2 weeks where I stayed the same :D I had been 100% and I am still waiting for that big number!! Stick with it, it will catch up.
I weigh heavier than I did last time I did Lipotrim but I am a size smaller?? can't work that out either. It can drive you mad if you let it :D

Don't be disheartened by not getting a loss, it can happen for loads of reasons, maybe you did more exercise this week than normal and added a little muscle which would make your weight go up a bit but you would still be getting slimmer, the hot weather sometimes makes you retain water, or if you've been stood up longer than usual you can retain water in your legs. I'm surprised your pharmacist said you reached a plateau, he should know better, you are only having 450 calories a day, your essential functions take more than that so whatever reason you haven't lost, there will be a reason and it doesn't mean you have lost as much as you can if you want to keep going. The other obvious reason is TOTM, last time I was on this diet I would gain about 4lbs a week for the two weeks before my period and then the week after I would drop over a stone, I do have PMDD which is basically PMS with bells on but the weight loss will always catch up with you if you are 100% Good luck :)

Back