Please do NOT buy these on ebay!

What a terribly sad story!

I never heard of this on the TV news and would love more publicity around this issue of non prescribed slimming tablets so others are less tempted.

I admit too that I bought some Hoodia tablets from ebay before I started SW earlier this year - for some reason I thought that tablets would compensate for eating too much of the wrong things and magically transform me with very little effort!

I only took them for a couple days - then joined SW!

I'm going to chuck them in the dustbin now.

£30 wasted! Experience gained! Health maintained/improved!

I bought Hoodia, though not fron ebay, and they did nothing at all for me. They're supposed to take away your appetite but I felt no different!

Oh god how sad :(

Thats so sad its a real shame when people are crying out for help and then that happens.
I bought Hoodia off ebay 2 years ago and I am terrible for taking tabs as I always forget (Not now though) and it was only last week my hubby was clearing the cupboards and through them out, a total waste of money, But yeah, You should be very carefull where you buy stuff from.

you know something i think ive finally been hit on the head having read this. i yoyo and have tried several pills all to no avail and for what? really. i think this is an eye opener for all of us. its really about the health at the end of the day, the end result is great but unless we have our health whats it worth? not our lives thats for sure. such a sad story and what frightened me in reading it was that i saw myself in it. time to cop on me thinks.roll on 2009. new start and new beginnings.xxx

Reactions: Taz
i remember i almost took some tibetan slimming pills once. my stepmom told me about them, because her friends used them. they were called Meitizang and were based on either speed or meth or smth like that, and my stepmom's friends lost a lot of weight while taking them. i asked my stepmom to get these pills for me but fortunately they have been banned in Poland a while later and were pretty hard to get a hold of.

I found some info on the Meizitang ingredient. It is based on sibutramine, which is related to amphetamine, and the side effects include: dry mouth, paradoxically increased appetite, nausea, strange taste in the mouth, upset stomach, constipation, trouble sleeping, dizziness, drowsiness, menstrual cramps/pain, headache, flushing, joint/muscle pain, increased blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmias, paresthesia, mental/mood changes (e.g., excitement, restlessness, confusion, depression, rare thoughts of suicidehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide), seizures, problems urinating, abnormal bruising or bleeding, melena, hematemesis, jaundice, fever, rigorshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigor_(medicine), chest pain, hemiplegia, abnormal vision, dyspnea and edemahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edema.
:/

I witnessed a good friend mess her pants on a night out having taking slimming tablets .... that was enough to put me off for life!

I found some info on the Meizitang ingredient. It is based on sibutramine, which is related to amphetamine, and the side effects include: dry mouth, paradoxically increased appetite, nausea, strange taste in the mouth, upset stomach, constipation, trouble sleeping, dizziness, drowsiness, menstrual cramps/pain, headache, flushing, joint/muscle pain, increased blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmias, paresthesia, mental/mood changes (e.g., excitement, restlessness, confusion, depression, rare thoughts of suicide), seizures, problems urinating, abnormal bruising or bleeding, melena, hematemesis, jaundice, fever, rigors, chest pain, hemiplegia, abnormal vision, dyspnea and edema.

Scary, eh? It's prescribed by GPs as Orlistat, and for all those risks, sibutramine proved, in clinical trials, to lead to an average weight loss of 8 pounds per year.:eek::eek::eek:

And some GPs still don't approve of Cambridge Diet:8855::sigh::(:mad:

I witnessed a good friend mess her pants on a night out having taking slimming tablets .... that was enough to put me off for life!

And this one (sounds like Xenical), gave an average weight loss of 6 pounds per year.....

(These results were given on a Radio 4 programme called the Investigation in August 2008.)

It says that she got them from a chinese website... I really feel the pain that she must have been going through ... yet the young girl looked ok to me... not fat at all. So very very sad for her family and friends and those she has left behind.

I was once prescribed Xenical from my doctor of course and have to say.. nothing happened.. no nasty accident even after the pharmacist told me she took them and got caught short...

Weeks later and still nothing I spoke to her about them again and she said well you obviously don't eat a lot of fat! So I stopped taking them.

Years later... I find SW and doing really well.

Amphetamines have that effect on people sometimes.. she might have been taking slimming pills with speed in them. since speed is well known to cause weight loss, some pills on the market are based on it.

I found some info on the Meizitang ingredient. It is based on sibutramine, which is related to amphetamine, and the side effects include: dry mouth, paradoxically increased appetite, nausea, strange taste in the mouth, upset stomach, constipation, trouble sleeping, dizziness, drowsiness, menstrual cramps/pain, headache, flushing, joint/muscle pain, increased blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmias, paresthesia, mental/mood changes (e.g., excitement, restlessness, confusion, depression, rare thoughts of suicide), seizures, problems urinating, abnormal bruising or bleeding, melena, hematemesis, jaundice, fever, rigors, chest pain, hemiplegia, abnormal vision, dyspnea and edema.

read the side effects of any mediaction.. including paracetomol, asprin etc

they have to list any reported symptom.. regardless of how rare.. if it developed while taking medicine.. related or not x

Amphetamines have that effect on people sometimes.. she might have been taking slimming pills with speed in them. since speed is well known to cause weight loss, some pills on the market are based on it.

Speed/amphetemine isnt well known to cause weight loss.. it is however a recognised appetite suppresant.

Ephedrine/Ephedra was a common amphetemine like substance used in slimming tablets - Dangerous if you don't have a clue!

Speed/amphetemine isnt well known to cause weight loss.. it is however a recognised appetite suppresant.

Ephedrine/Ephedra was a common amphetemine like substance used in slimming tablets - Dangerous if you don't have a clue!

i kind of think it's the same thing really- if it is an appetite suppressant, then obviously people eat less, ergo- causes weight loss. maybe not directly, but definitely indirectly. my best friend lost 20 pounds in a month simply because of the fact that she started taking quite a lot of speed... this of course caused a lot of health-related problems, but nonetheless, she did lose the weight. that is why amphetamines are used in slimming pills, because they suppress the appetite.

Back