please don't think iam rude but....

still1

i have a question for everyone on any diet.
why do people struggle, go through the disappoimment. pain, suffering, all the trial and tribulation of dieting to lose many pounds, sometime massive amount in stone just to put them on the next 3 months??????????????????

I think thats a bit of a generalisation still1. Not everyone does. In the 18 months Ive been on WW I havent gained once. My outlook to eating has completely and utterly changed, as has my life. I KNOW I wont put the weight back on.

Your post sounds as if you think everyone on a diet will regain their weight. You only have to look around this very site to see thats not the case.

If we knew the answer to that we could make a fortune. I think it's because we haven't changed our ways of eating and coping with food

But I'm coping this time I've cracked it thanks to the support on here. It's only taken me 33 years to get my positive head on.

Irene xx

of course no one intends for that to happen. The logical explanation is that we have been "on" a diet and then come "off" a diet. Diet is just what we eat and if we return to the same way of eating after losing weight then of course we will regain. What this doesn't account for is our "head space" sometimes it just isnt in the right place.

Those who gain weight need encouragement and not "I told you so" attitudes.

why do people struggle, go through the disappoimment. pain, suffering, all the trial and tribulation of dieting to lose many pounds, sometime massive amount in stone just to put them on the next 3 months??????????????????

Good question!

I can equate it to giving up smoking in that I kept trying and failing and one day I got it and that was ten years ago and have not smoked since.

So hopefully with dieting one day it will also all fall into place.

I live in hope with great expectations of success, otherwise I would not do it.:)

Love Mini xxx

deleted

Last edited:

Hi still1 :)

I can only answer your question for me as far as diets go.

I think it's about getting to know yourself better and that takes time.
Acknowledging more about yourself so that you can be honest and focus on your strengths, not weaknesses.

Sometimes this can take more than a few trips around the block for many of us. I guess the crucial bit is that we don't give up, as I have never done.:)

I can relate to Prochaska and DiClementes cycle of change so much with this. You can contemplate and then go into action phase and then lapse...BUT you can jump straight back in again at action phase at anytime and keep going to maintenance

wheel.gif

http://localenterprise.wordpress.co...ange-prochaska-and-diclemente-and-enterprise/

For me it's about the fact that you only fail if you give up entirely :)

Lacey..xx :)

Last edited:
Ah if only it were that simple!

I know G!!! :D

Just got to keep going eh? :)

Yep couldn't agree more Lacey, we haven't failed until we give up trying xxx

Hiya

When you say people do you mean you and if so do you need more support from us ?

Mike

I think your taking the mickey personally, you cant come on a site and talk to people like that. Some people do, and al ot dont, its about changing your lifestyle and attitude o food and solving the emotional problems that come with eating for medication. And will power being the biggest.

Hi

Still1 is totally genuine in her questions and her history.

She is one of my clients and has lost an amazing amount of weight and improved her health dramatically, so much so she now has two lovely boys which if she hadn't taken action when she did, she would not have now.

She did not mean any offence at all by her question, and I think it was a good question from someone who has lost a lot of weight and is nearly at the end of her journey. She was just trying to find out why some people regained weight as she does not want to do this herself.

I personally think something has got lost in translation here.

Back