Please HELP

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by hugeherbo, 28 March 2011 Social URL.

1. hugeherbo

hugeherbo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.88%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I was standing a the bus stop this morning when my head started to feel fuzzy. Normally I would sit down but the bus was coming. Next thing i no some mans arms were around me asking me if i am ok, my head was all dizzy, i felt sick and i couldnt see. The man got me on the bus and to a seat.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Im doing SS, my BF says i should stick with it. Im not sure.

I didn't drink enough water yesturday and hes blaming that. This is day 12 for me.

Thanks guys

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Caroline83

Caroline83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (Restart post baby)
    I'm with bf to be honest hun i have had the same thing but only when I haven't had enough water. Hope your ok :)

4. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Almost certainly the lack of water, but there are other things, like coming down with a bug.

Did you have any water with you? I know it's a pain to carry it around, but it's well worth it for moments like that. Dizziness on Cambridge is usually due to a drop in blood pressure - which happens naturally when you do a diet that causes ketosis, because ketosis makes you use your glycogen store and its associated water - so there literally isn't as much fluid in your system - in your veins - as there was before you started the diet. Your body learns to compensate for that after a week or two, but you're in that transitional stage where it hasn't quite got the hang of it. Usually, staying well-hydrated does the trick - another reason for having 4 pints of water a day.

It's well worth making sure you always have an 'emergency' bar or tetra in your bag as well.

Hope you're feeling better now. It's the embarrassment factor that's the worst thing, isn't it? :hug99:

hugeherbo likes this.
  5. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    PS. Why is it when these things happen that the man who rescues you is never Johnny Depp or Robert Downey Junior? It would be if life was a film.

Life is sooo unfair. :)

6. hugeherbo

hugeherbo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.88%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    lol totally, i would be made up if it was Johnny depp or someone, only i would be devasted that i didnt need mouth to mouth!!

Feeling a little bit better, going to have to have more water

7. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    i know its always the guy who looks like the alcho on shameless or david brent near me when i get dizzy spells, give me micheal essian any day of the week and twice on sundays

for me when i have spells like that either ive not had anywhere near enough water or ive left it too long between packs.
    ive been on cambridge forever and a day and i still chance it and end up in a pickle

8. Bethuk1

Bethuk1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(16.3%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    I had my first dizzy spell in ages today in work! It's my first day back after maternity and I had my first pack at 7:15am and my second at 4:30pm…turns out that gap is a bit too long!! x

9. yummy mummy87

yummy mummy87 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    How did your first day go Hun? Did u feel ok leaving baba? x

10. yummy mummy87

yummy mummy87 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I get these dizzy spells becoz of lack of water! How r u feeling now? How's ur weight loss going? x

11. Bethuk1

Bethuk1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(16.3%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    It wasn't as bad as I expected it would be and I was really lucky that he was with my mum today she's awesome with him. Found out that my job has completely changed and I'm now working in an subject I have absolutely no clue about! Kind of worrying but apparently its all about "realising my potential" lol great...couldn't you have done that when I didnt work part time and have a 6 month baby?!...it's all fun! :rolleyes: x

12. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    LOL, you know what? I read your post above, Beth, and I thought, bet she's a civil servant like me... Sounds like the sort of thing I have to put up with!

And sure enough, when I checked your profile, there were the words... :D :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.