Please report this ad!

Thanks flower!

I feel like a right busy body now!!

Is this true? My CDC has never said this to me???

'[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The system does work, but its just not for me, I'm a returnee who's stopped trying, but as a returnee, they ask you to buy in bulk!!'

[/FONT]

I don't think so, I've never heard of it happening. Think it's just an excues to sell them, wanting to get the sympathy vote hoping we won't report them!

Am i being thick here - whats the problem with them selling on ebay?

Selling cambridge diet products on ebay is now banned as the dieters need to have informed their GP before starting the diet, so if you buy on ebay then you get away with not being monitored. Because of this it is open to abuse from people with eating disorders and people that have been turned away in the past due to health problems.

You Only Need To Inform Your Gp If You Have Certain Medical Disorders Highlighted When You Complete The Health Questionaire. Otherwise Anyone With A Bmi Over 30 Can Start The Diet Without Consulting Their Gp.

You Only Need To Inform Your Gp If You Have Certain Medical Disorders Highlighted When You Complete The Health Questionaire. Otherwise Anyone With A Bmi Over 30 Can Start The Diet Without Consulting Their Gp.

New rules came in a few months ago (just after I started) that says that all GP's must be informed that you have started the diet so they can adjust any medication if needed. You don't need their permission unless your BMI is over 40 but like I said under new rules all GP's are now informed no matter what.
You say anyone can do this diet if their BMI is over 30 but that's not true. If someone has a medical condition that means they cannot do a VLCD they would have been turned away by any CDC worth their salt.
If the products are sold on ebay then these people can get hold of these products (some people are that desparate to lose the weight) and on using them are putting their lives at risk. Can you imagine how Cambridge would look if it was found to be the cause of death of someone like this? Do you think the people involved would care if it came from ebay rather than direct from Cambridge?

Are you a councellor - i'd like to hear from some of them as i know 5 people who have just joined with different CDC's and not one has been asked to get their GPs approval. I'm on my 14th week and i didn't need to.

All CDC have to write to your GP to inform them that you have started the diet, it's not for their approval just for their information unless your BMI is over 40, in which case it to get their approval. Your CDC might not have told you this but if you ask your GP they should have a record of receiving a letter. I believe there is a sticky on here somewhere telling you about it.
This is off the point anyway, the whole point of this thread is that you are not allowed to sell Cambridge products on ebay. Why are you selling them?

I'm On Ss And No I'm Not Selling Them On Ebay - Just Couldn't Quite Get What All The Hysteria Was About. Seems A Little Over The Top To Me. There Is A Cd Website That Explains Everything To People - Maybe Some Just Want To Do It By Themselves And Save Some Money. The Internet Sells Way More Dangerous Things Than Cd. Just For The Record Not All Cdc's Are Following This New Rule Re Contacting Your Dr, I Know That For A Fact Because My Friend Is A Gp And It Was Him That Told Me About Cd As Some Of His Patients Are On It - I've Just Asked Him And He Said He Has Never Been Contacted By A Cdc And He Has 11 Patients Currently Following It. He Stays 70 Miles From Me So Its Different Councellors. Mind You It Is Fairly Common On Here For One Cdc To Say A Thing And Another To Say Something Else - Very Little Consistency I Have Noticed.

I know what you mean about consistancy with old and new rules.
You say people want to save some money but the CD products that were being sold on ebay before it was banned were going for around £75 for a weeks supply which is just discusting.
The whole thing with Cambridge is that it's not the kind of diet that you should "go it alone" on. You need the guidence in order to maintain at the end. If someone really wants to lose the weight that badly they would come to some arrangement with a CDC as they are all pretty flexible in their approach.
Again you're right there are thing a lot worse sold on the internet but you must be able to see why Cambridge doesn't want to be involved with being sold in the same place as these other products?

12.00 pound ebay was asking for athe cambridge diet water flavourings, diabolical!!

Back