please somebody in the 8's want to get in the 7's?? xx

Crumbs i'm finding it hard to stick to plan 100%!

I seem to sabotaging my efforts to get back to under 8.7 as i'm good all day and then give in to the odd Stella, Desperados and bread!

Its not been the best of weekends lets just say!

I've given in to flapjack twice this weekend and have just finished with a take away curry.

Tiphareth said:
I've given in to flapjack twice this weekend and have just finished with a take away curry.

So it's not just me then!

My main trouble is my new clothes I bought, the tops are all the smallest oasis did so a 10 I think but some already hang off my shoulders being petite that I am, I think in my head loosing more would be a total waste of clothes and money!

Lucylu79 said:
So it's not just me then!

My main trouble is my new clothes I bought, the tops are all the smallest oasis did so a 10 I think but some already hang off my shoulders being petite that I am, I think in my head loosing more would be a total waste of clothes and money!

Know what you mean, I tried on 9 belly dance costumes on over the weekend and only one came any where near fitting, almost as bad as 18 months ago when they were all too small.

I'm also buying size 8 bottoms so unable to buy much smaller in most of the shops I go to.

I think i'm going to get to my low end of target and then not think about lowering it like I have been for ages. I did want to see the 7's but perhaps on reflection its jkust not maintainable for me.

I'm going to concentrate on exercise to try and get the results I really wanted....Bingo wings aint going to go by dieting alone are they!

I'm going to go for 8 7 and concentrate on exercise, it's not like my BMI is high anymore and my fat % is coming down nicely, although I need to get in measured on some scales as I've been using the methods on the internet which use a tape measure and probably aren't so acurate.

Hi All,
I dont actually want to get into the 7's, but as we're all pretty much the same height and weights, I couldnt help but comment!
I totally agree with finding a maintainable weight. In 2010, I got down to 8stone 3, couldnt maintain (kept on losing) and ended up at 7 stone 12. Apparently, I was absolutely tiny (I never saw that myself) and it was a real struggle buying clothes from a lot of shops.
I've decided to go for a more realistic weight now. I want to maintain for life and not go through the 'lose/feel to restricted/eat/lose' cycle again!
You all seem to have done so well, so massive congratulations!

Thank you for your input.

I think I'm finally realising how small I've got and what I need to do now is concentrate on toning and building muscle. Even if I look in the mirror and still see nothing but fat. I need to be able to maintain a weight without it being a constant battle.

I think for me though, you gals are 2 and 3 inches taller and the difference seems to be quite a lot. At 8.4 I was no where near happy with my thighs and still look at other women with envy.

I've decided I need to try my best to realise at what weight i'm happy and to try and stick to it. First things first I want to get to the lower end of my target, so back to 8.4 and then I'm going to see what happens. I struggle to eat 2 HEB on green/red so adding some to try to maintain may work.

I have to say though...If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't know what to do....My cons hasn't said anything to me?!

I understand. I've always struggled with two hex's.
Were you not told how to maintain? The recommended advice is to up your hex's until you stop losing. I think I used to eat 3 per day. Cereal, pitta and a hifi or similar. I was also told to up my syns to 20 per day when I went down to 7 st 12 (target was 8 st 3).
Be cautious with that though, as it was the beginning of the end for me!
Hex b could be used for olive oil or some dried fruit?
Sorry to keep butting in! It's just that your story sounds so familiar!
One last thing!! With respect to thighs....I'm quite a muscular build and am always envious of other people's thinner legs :).
Good luck with your journey - am sure you will achieve your goal.

Going2be*fab*at40 said:
I understand. I've always struggled with two hex's.
Were you not told how to maintain? The recommended advice is to up your hex's until you stop losing. I think I used to eat 3 per day. Cereal, pitta and a hifi or similar. I was also told to up my syns to 20 per day when I went down to 7 st 12 (target was 8 st 3).
Be cautious with that though, as it was the beginning of the end for me!
Hex b could be used for olive oil or some dried fruit?
Sorry to keep butting in! It's just that your story sounds so familiar!
One last thing!! With respect to thighs....I'm quite a muscular build and am always envious of other people's thinner legs :).
Good luck with your journey - am sure you will achieve your goal.

No no butt away!!
No nothing's been said almost as if she thinks I know!??
I can't see me loosing weight with more syns, I need to reign them in a bit, I've fallen back into old habits of weekly and not daily syns, it's a bad choice for me!!!

Hi Girlies, how are we all?

Finding myself in a good place today, I've sneakily weighed myself this morning and i'm finally showing to be the same the fri before I went on hol. If thats right I only need to lose what I would of gained in the 1st week off plan.

If i've lost 2lbs i'll be a happy bunny with 2lbs more to go to get rid of this 5lb's of pure over induldence!

Definately feeling better around the tummy area and once again my trousers are hanging off me. Just hope the scales show the same!

Lucylu79 said:
Hi Girlies, how are we all?

Finding myself in a good place today, I've sneakily weighed myself this morning and i'm finally showing to be the same the fri before I went on hol. If thats right I only need to lose what I would of gained in the 1st week off plan.

If i've lost 2lbs i'll be a happy bunny with 2lbs more to go to get rid of this 5lb's of pure over induldence!

Definately feeling better around the tummy area and once again my trousers are hanging off me. Just hope the scales show the same!

Glad you're in a good place, I've been feeling much better since calling target. I'm no longer obsessing, if I want more healthy extras I'm having them, but only if I really want them. I'm trying keep within my syns but I'm being flexible about it and not feeling guilty if I go over at the weekend.

Hello All,

Hoping i can join in this thread. I did SW at home last year and went from 8st 8lbs to 7st 9lbs. Giving me (according to the nhs website) a healthy normal BMI of 19.6 as im 5'2". I say according to the NHS as the SW calculator is the only one i can find that seems to say different whereby it says this would make me underweight, it seems incorrect compared to the NHS one and all others I have checked. Just before i get an anorexic comments which I certainly am not! Anyways I had an operation which left me bedbound and unable to workout for months, along with people bringing me get well chocs i just got totally out of SW and after recently getting a little too comfortable moving in with my bf and eating the same portions as him im now 9st 4lbs!! (was 9st 6lbs but have lost 4lbs in my first week!) Im the biggest ive ever been in my life ive never been out of the 8's. The crunch came when getting ready for a night out i realised non of my 'skinny' jeans fit me anymore, ive been wearing my leggings far too much and i guess its a case of loose weight or throw out all my clothes and buy them all again 2 sizes bigger which i cant afford to do!!

So anyways im feeling it really hard to get back into but i kno it works and i can do it as i did it last time, hoping i can get some support form everyone on here and even typing this is taking my mind off food. I have a really sweet tooth, used to eat 4 choc bars or cakes a day!! So any tips on low syn chocs are always helpful to me!

xxx

Hello All,

Hoping i can join in this thread. I did SW at home last year and went from 8st 8lbs to 7st 9lbs. Giving me (according to the nhs website) a healthy normal BMI of 19.6 as im 5'2". I say according to the NHS as the SW calculator is the only one i can find that seems to say different whereby it says this would make me underweight, it seems incorrect compared to the NHS one and all others I have checked. Just before i get an anorexic comments which I certainly am not! Anyways I had an operation which left me bedbound and unable to workout for months, along with people bringing me get well chocs i just got totally out of SW and after recently getting a little too comfortable moving in with my bf and eating the same portions as him im now 9st 4lbs!! (was 9st 6lbs but have lost 4lbs in my first week!) Im the biggest ive ever been in my life ive never been out of the 8's. The crunch came when getting ready for a night out i realised non of my 'skinny' jeans fit me anymore, ive been wearing my leggings far too much and i guess its a case of loose weight or throw out all my clothes and buy them all again 2 sizes bigger which i cant afford to do!!

So anyways im feeling it really hard to get back into but i kno it works and i can do it as i did it last time, hoping i can get some support form everyone on here and even typing this is taking my mind off food. I have a really sweet tooth, used to eat 4 choc bars or cakes a day!! So any tips on low syn chocs are always helpful to me!

xxx

Welcome to the thread. :welcome:

Wish I'd had the sense to stop when I first reached the 9's when I first got married, I would then never have reached the 12 stone 10 which I was at my largest.:rolleyes:

(Disclaimer time The following is personal opinion and I have no idea of the actual reasons:D)....I think SW go with the higher BMI so that they can't be accused of allowing people to get below 19 as you have to have 7lbs to lose to join and at 5 2 (when I stretch myself to my fullest height) that takew my BMI down by 1.2 so starting at 20 I could easily go below 19 etc.

I dream of getting to 7 st 9 as I'm struggling to get to 8 st 7 at the moment and not sure I want the hassle of finding smaller clothes as I'm starting to be happy at a size 8.

ps you can tell when I'm on my laptop rather than phone due to the number of smilies as I can get carried away at times.

Hello All,

xxx

Hi!!!!

Kate's answered your question, i'm not going to attempt to pretend I understand any of it!

Girls, I lost the 2lb's that I hoped I had and i've done something that i'm now not sure about....I lowered my target! Eeekk I hope i'm not being too adventurous at 7.12 but I really want to try.

Hopefully a new target will keep me focused, it was nice going for free albeit a few weeks!

Hi!!!!

Kate's answered your question, i'm not going to attempt to pretend I understand any of it!

Girls, I lost the 2lb's that I hoped I had and i've done something that i'm now not sure about....I lowered my target! Eeekk I hope i'm not being too adventurous at 7.12 but I really want to try.

Hopefully a new target will keep me focused, it was nice going for free albeit a few weeks!

Weeeeee on losing 2lbs, I managed another 0.5lbs - but I am supposed to me "maintaining".

Good luck with your new target, my C is being really good to me at the moment as having a target stresses me out so I can't lose and I'm trying to find a comfortable weight for me to stay at, which could be anywhere between the high 7's and 8 st 7.

Thanks for the hello's girls! My target is going to be 7st11lb as I was really happy at that weight, i think its maintainable and more importantly all my clothes fit! Tiphareth you've done so well loosing your weight by the sounds of it, amazing!! Thanks for saying about stopping at the 9's as its made me think yeah I can get this under control and it could be worse so its made me feel motivated to sort this now! Lucylu79 good luck for your new target I'm sure you can do it! I'm home weighing on a Monday so will keep you posted on my progress x

Lucylu79 said:
And Enter Self Doubt. I knew lowering my target would freak me out!

Breath........

Back