PogMoma's Diary

Haha animals are so funny.

Yes I have to make good choices. No dessert either!

After three days of staying at the same weight and just as I was beginning to think my scales have broken, weight has shifted a tiny bit. 0.1kg lower today at 69.4kg. It did flicker briefly to 69.3kg but I'll just say it's 69.4kg.

It's so painfully slow. With TOTM coming up and cravings for chocolate starting, I think I have a hard week ahead.

Hey ho onwards we go!

Well done on seeing the scales go down a little bit, frustrating for you they're not moving quicker though :( Perhaps it's pre-TOTM bloat? I always used to put a lb or 2 on the week before and then lose 3 or more the following week. Hope you enjoy your meals out - what kind of food are you having? Most places you can make good choices it's just resisting temptation isn't it!?

Haha animals are so funny.

Yes I have to make good choices. No dessert either!

After three days of staying at the same weight and just as I was beginning to think my scales have broken, weight has shifted a tiny bit. 0.1kg lower today at 69.4kg. It did flicker briefly to 69.3kg but I'll just say it's 69.4kg.

It's so painfully slow. With TOTM coming up and cravings for chocolate starting, I think I have a hard week ahead.

Hey ho onwards we go!

hahahaha... i hate the flickers!!! they get you that teeny bit excited and then nothing :p.

hope today was a good day xx

Yea tell me about it. This morning I was 69.1kg post pee, turned around, brushed my teeth, turned back around again and got back on scales and I'm 69.5kg. What the hell is that all about?? Anyway not important. Hopefully I'll never see the 70s again!

Date night tonight. Went to this Argentine Grill place near Tower Bridge. Been before and the food was amazing. Today being PP day I had steak, black pudding and cheese. A bit naughty but I didn't touch any of my OH's chips and had peppermint tea to drink with my meal. Waiter raised his eyebrows when I ordered the tea, couldn't tell if he was impressed or thought it was odd lol

Got lunch tomorrow with friend/colleague who is coming back to work soon from maternity leave. I think I'll suggest Japanese food.

Tomorrow evening meal is going to be a challenge tho, it's been decided to go to Pizza Express. How can one not have dough balls at Pizza Express??? I'll see what my will power looks like then :D

Mmm Last night food sounds lush, I love balck pudding and when can you beat a good steak! Sounds like you made good choices and well done for resisting chips. Japanese food should be okay as well but yea you might come unstuck with pizza express! 2/3 meals is not bad though pod so just do your best. Good luck with seeing the back of the 70s for good :)

X

Pogbaby is gorgeous!! Gosh yes it's hard with meals planned at such places! Do they serve Omelettes at the pizza place? (It's what I always have when I eat at a local Italian restaurant, but not quite the same as a pizza place...).

Perhaps post your menus for a couple of days to see if there are any tweaks we can help with to start your loss off again?

(I've got three cats. The youngest doesn't like any human food, and is fussy with animal stuff too! what works for her one meal, mightn't another! The oldest always cadges meat if we're eating it... The middle one doesn't like anything human EXCEPT crabsticks! We used to snack in the evening on a couple each and she'd be right there for her piece! She'd refused prawns, fish, meat but synthetic plastic crabsticks, oh yes!)

Mmm Last night food sounds lush, I love balck pudding and when can you beat a good steak! Sounds like you made good choices and well done for resisting chips. Japanese food should be okay as well but yea you might come unstuck with pizza express! 2/3 meals is not bad though pod so just do your best. Good luck with seeing the back of the 70s for good :)

X

Dinner was really good but yea it's the Pizza Express where it's going to go wrong lol I have a feeling this Friday's WI might show 70s again dum dum dum :(

Pogbaby is gorgeous!! Gosh yes it's hard with meals planned at such places! Do they serve Omelettes at the pizza place? (It's what I always have when I eat at a local Italian restaurant, but not quite the same as a pizza place...).

Perhaps post your menus for a couple of days to see if there are any tweaks we can help with to start your loss off again?

(I've got three cats. The youngest doesn't like any human food, and is fussy with animal stuff too! what works for her one meal, mightn't another! The oldest always cadges meat if we're eating it... The middle one doesn't like anything human EXCEPT crabsticks! We used to snack in the evening on a couple each and she'd be right there for her piece! She'd refused prawns, fish, meat but synthetic plastic crabsticks, oh yes!)

Thanks :) She's so cute it's unreal. She was really nice and friendly last night cuddling on my lap and letting me stroke her quills.

Pizza Express don't have omelettes I'm afraid. I was thinking some sort of salad instead of pizza but it's their dough balls and bruschetta that I crumble in front of!

Yea I might post food on here for a bit so feel free to tell me off! :D

Awww your cats sound like they've all got strong personalities, love it! I give Pog Baby a mix of four different cat biscuits but she always leaves one type and that's the one that controls poo smells lol Fussy little thing. Found out she likes cucumbers too but not as much as she likes brussel sprouts hehe x

Well lunch has been cancelled. Friend is too busy with meetings and stuff and only has 30mins to quickly grab food and eat. I don't have a backup plan. Panicking!!!

Lunch was Burger King Double Whopper no bun.

Oh no Pog sorry your lunch was cancelled, how did you not eat the burger bun lol! That's the best bit! Well done though :)

X

Haha I know! When I dumped all the non-bun bits onto a plate to eat and made a sad face, my friend who sits next to me said "It's good! All the bun does is make you feel too full, bloated and lethargic!". She's so good with me and my various diets, saying well done when I've been good and being supportive. Like today when I didn't go for someone's birthday cake and yesterday refusing someone's post holiday treats. The burger-no-bun was really good :D

Dinner at Pizza Express was bruschetta, Leggera Superfood salad and fresh mint tea. OMG the salad was so nice. Not entirely Dukan friendly but less of the evil. Had a good catch up with the friends I was out with tho so all good.

WI tomorrow probably won't be as good as it could have been but that's ok.

I have tomorrow dinner out too and it's been decided to go for Thai *sigh* it's even tougher than Pizza Express. What the hell do I eat there? It's all going to be rice and noodles. Hmm. I'll have to look up the menu and see what choices I have.

Last edited:
You are just too popular Pogs... and you're obviously far nicer a person than I am as I'm always quite forceful as to where WE will eat because of my dieting! (It's kind of a "you wanna have lunch/dinner with me? well it'll have to be here or I won't come!") Perhaps too late to try now for tonight's dinner, but something to consider for the future. Rather than hang back and see what people suggest, be right up there with your suggestion! Friends will understand!

Now thai... hmm... I don't think I've ever been to a pure thai restaurant. Are there no meat + veg options and refuse the noodles/rice? (One tip I can pass on, when I find myself in a position of having to eat where I wouldn't want to is to check out the menu beforehand... and decide what you're having and order only that (or even tell your friend what you're having and she can order it!!) Don't wait to see what others are ordering as you'll be swayed...).

Enjoy and let us know how it went
x

That's good that your friend is supportive Pog, well done on making good choices at pizza express as well :D

Hmm thai that's a tough one, maybe just get curry with a portion of beansprouts? instead of rice or noodles. I think most places do a salad but ti has rice in if I'm not mistaken. Failing that some sort of tom yam soup?

Will be tough but you can do it :) Or just say sod it and get back on track tomorrow - either way enjoy! X

You are just too popular Pogs... and you're obviously far nicer a person than I am as I'm always quite forceful as to where WE will eat because of my dieting! (It's kind of a "you wanna have lunch/dinner with me? well it'll have to be here or I won't come!") Perhaps too late to try now for tonight's dinner, but something to consider for the future. Rather than hang back and see what people suggest, be right up there with your suggestion! Friends will understand!

Now thai... hmm... I don't think I've ever been to a pure thai restaurant. Are there no meat + veg options and refuse the noodles/rice? (One tip I can pass on, when I find myself in a position of having to eat where I wouldn't want to is to check out the menu beforehand... and decide what you're having and order only that (or even tell your friend what you're having and she can order it!!) Don't wait to see what others are ordering as you'll be swayed...).

Enjoy and let us know how it went
x

Not necessarily Jo! Tonight's group is getting together cos it was one of the girl's 40th birthday so she gets to choose where we go. Normally with this group I'd insist we go somewhere Dukan friendly but not today I'm afraid. I'd usually have a greent curry which comes with rice or a pad thai which is noodles. Oh well, time to look at different options!

I'll report back after the event :) x

That's good that your friend is supportive Pog, well done on making good choices at pizza express as well :D

Hmm thai that's a tough one, maybe just get curry with a portion of beansprouts? instead of rice or noodles. I think most places do a salad but ti has rice in if I'm not mistaken. Failing that some sort of tom yam soup?

Will be tough but you can do it :) Or just say sod it and get back on track tomorrow - either way enjoy! X

Good idea with the beansprouts Clareel, I'll keep that in mind. Knowing this group, they'll go for the whole starter-main-dessert thing. Gonna be a tough one! Will see what the options are x

WI - week 4

70.1kg (-)

Body fat: 44.8% (-0.1%)
Muscle mass: 22.2% (-%)
Chest: 100cm (-)
Left arm: 28cm (-)
Right arm: 29cm (-)
Waist: 83cm (-1)
Belly: 103cm (-2)
Hips: 104cm (-1)
Left thigh: 58 (-)
Right thigh: 59 (-)

Total 4cm loss

No change in weight but 4cm loss? I'm happy with that! Especially since I've been off track the last couple of days!

4cm off where you want it to come off as well that's great! You are definitely doing something right Pog keep it up :D

X

Back