Points Formula

alyrose

Hello!

I've been following this on and off for a few years. I have the old cardboard calulator along with the booklets but it's really not very convinient to carry to Tescos when you do your weekly shopping! So I researched for a while and now have a formula for calculating the points of something instead so you can just whip out your phone if it has a calulator or even just do it in your head! It may be of some use to someone so I thought I should post it!

Points = (Calories/70) + (Sat Fat/4)

For example my salad today was 278 calories and 0.9g sat fat.

(278/70) + (0.9/4)
= 4 + 0.25
= 4 - 4.5 POINTS

If you are unsure ROUND UP ALWAYS! It's better to be safe than sorry :D

alyrose said:
Hello!

I've been following this on and off for a few years. I have the old cardboard calulator along with the booklets but it's really not very convinient to carry to Tescos when you do your weekly shopping! So I researched for a while and now have a formula for calculating the points of something instead so you can just whip out your phone if it has a calulator or even just do it in your head! It may be of some use to someone so I thought I should post it!

Points = (Calories/70) + (Sat Fat/4)

For example my salad today was 278 calories and 0.9g sat fat.

(278/70) + (0.9/4)
= 4 + 0.25
= 4 - 4.5 POINTS

If you are unsure ROUND UP ALWAYS! It's better to be safe than sorry :D

Does this work for new pro points system?

No this is for the old system although pro points are usually double what the old system was (apart from fruit and veg which are all 0 I believe in the new system)

Back