poo

I love how OP thinks one a day is very regular.... :p

I've pretty normal at the minute thankfully. Got very very sick after my first swine flu vaccine. Was going to the toilet upwards of maybe....10...times a day? Day AND night. It was awful. For a while they thought I might have crohns as it runs in my family but it just seems to be IBS. Mine flares up with bad food and sometimes randomly. As I've said it seems to be normal for the moment but I do get minor flares day to day.

Really anything between 3x a day and 2x a week is normal. Some peoples bowels are just more efficient than others! Just don't do what my ill advised gran did and rely on over the counter laxatives/sugar free sweets to push you through. It makes your bowel very lazy (with long term excessive use) and can be worse than the initial problem!

true - I was hoping to find a more natural aid rather than taking chemicals

pah! it didnt work i feel even more clogged up after trying different things, even resorted to weetabix in the end...My scales are showing another pound on for gods sake, and i know i have lost but just clogged up still. May have to resort to laxatives just so i feel comfortable

missmalibu said:
pah! it didnt work i feel even more clogged up after trying different things, even resorted to weetabix in the end...My scales are showing another pound on for gods sake, and i know i have lost but just clogged up still. May have to resort to laxatives just so i feel comfortable

I find when constipated it is best not to keep having loads of fibre or like you said you get more blocked and I try and up my water and drink loads of peppermint tea it really does work mint is known for helping digestion. Try it hun x

Having this problem too.
Going to go through and try some of these things and see if it helps because I feel HORRIBLE.
=(

The other thing is to make sure youre eating ENOUGH. Its not just about the fibre/fluid in what you eat (although this *is* essential) but also making sure there is enough of it to go aaalllllll the way along and get to the other end :D If you only eat small portions like a bird it may not get to the other end without 'stopping for a nap' - and once that happens everything behind it gets stuck too, like the M25 :rolleyes:

Thats one (not the only) reason we often get constipated when we're ill, cos we're not eating much. :)

I dont have a constipation problem :whistle: as I eat tons and tons, what went in at 7pm Mon night is *always* out by 8am Tuesday... :whistle:

Well I tried the kiwi with no avail, had a little more luck with the beetroot although don't think I got it *all* out IYKWIM. Will be having a senekot tonight as it's WI on thurs and I want it out by then!

Well poo chat died a sudden death. Has anyone been yet? I'm still waiting!

Oh you poor thing, who ever would have thought that they are lucky to be able to poo every day, haha. I am 'lucky' that I have a really good working mechanism , up in the morning first cup of coffee and thats it. I am a Vegetarian and has been for many years , maybe thats it . Doesnt stop me feeling for you, must be awful. Have you tried the added fibre powder that you get from the chemist, it is a natural product you just add to water.

Not yet but I will! I've started to get back pain now which the internet tells me is from the added pressure in my colon. If nothoing happens tomorrow i'll be seeing a doctor as it will be 5 days since my last and well over a week since I was going regularly. Bloody nightmare! And i'm usually very regular!

Get the Senakot out sweetie!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm on my third daily dose of senekot Lozzie :(

OH has just been joking that i'll need an enema!

Or a 'Manual Evacuation!' have you tried ducolax?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh god, manual excavation, haaha!

No I haven't, i'll give it go. Operation Poo is taking place this weekend! Don't want to be exploding in work :(

My friend suffers, her answer is Andrews - think its that fizzy stuff not sure but she swears by it in the end she ended up having to take a day off work before due to feeling so bad, sent her oh out to get a tin of Andrews by 2pm she was much better, no promises, but it sounds like you need sorting :( xx

I'm not exactly sure this was the right answer to my problem, but I got given notice onTuesday of my redundancy and (not that I'm a comfort eater or anything) I ate 2 doughnuts, chocolate and a huge chinese meal. I don't know if it's the food or the stress of losing my job, but I can't stay off the loo now - but at least I'm going!! Every cloud eh....!
:eek:

Last edited:
vickidyers said:
I'm not exactly this was the right answer to my problem, but I got given notice onTuesday of my redundancy and (not that I'm a comfort eater or anything) I ate 2 doughnuts, chocolate and a huge chinese meal. I don't know if it's the food or the stress of losing my job, but I can't stay off the loo now - but at least I'm going!! Every cloud eh....!
:eek:

Sorry to hear the Vicki, hopefully you'll get things sorted soon xx

JO43 I will try that thankyou. Oh has phoned NHS direct this morning and they have stressed that if I haven't been by tomorrow I have to go to a&e for an enema....brilliant. It's been over a week and I've started getting horrendous pains in my back. How does one prepare for an enema??

JezVonSavage said:
Sorry to hear the Vicki, hopefully you'll get things sorted soon xx

JO43 I will try that thankyou. Oh has phoned NHS direct this morning and they have stressed that if I haven't been by tomorrow I have to go to a&e for an enema....brilliant. It's been over a week and I've started getting horrendous pains in my back. How does one prepare for an enema??

Take the Andrews/senokat anything!!! Seriously, it depends but I had to have a procedure and found a sanitary towel in my pants afterwards for a day saved slight leakage - sorry tmi!!! didn't warrant buying special ones! I do hope you get sorted soon xxx

Back