Poogatch's Diary - Day 13 Mrs P's Birthday :D

Well, where do I start!?! I guess at the begining is a good place :p

Ok so after all that stress and malarchy with the Exante delivery sorted I get home from work and get informed of a spur of the moment trip to grimsby to see my family by the mrs (about 150 miles away).

We throw some clothes in a bag, grab the moses basket and the blender + some packs and off we go!

So anyway whilst in the car I start getting them dreaded day 3 pangs and no chance of a shake within the next 3 hours. I was truth be told quite apprehensive about going home so early on in the diet because I associate visiting my parents with going out for meals and enjoying my time with them. I eventually caved and decided I would eat healthy for the majority and enjoy one not so healthy meal a day if it came to it.

We picked up a maccies on route, which I have to say tasted pretty terrible in the end.

Saturday I had 2 shakes and half a dominos pizza, half a chicken combo and a chocolate thing.

And today I have had (so far) 2 shakes, a nibble of chicken breast and half a Lion bar.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to eat something low carb tonight because (obviously) I've wrecked my ketosis and thus it has made me super hungry. The less carbs I eat the less I have to get rid of to get back into ketosis is my thinking :)

Enjoyed the weekend alot, was really nice seeing the family and even nicer to suprise them as they have only seen our daughter twice since she was born (she's 6 months old now).

I weighed myself when I got in and it only showed a 1lb gain from day 3s morning weigh in, which considering the circumstances I'm quite pleased with especially as its an evening weigh in vs a morning one! I'm glad I didn't full on blow out as that would have put me back at square one plus some I reckon.

Minds are utterly back in gear for tomorrow for a semi kind of restart, I'm pretty sure there is ALOT less glycogen to get through than day 1 considering the lack of weight gain so it shouldn't end up being bad at all, and there was no way we could keep on track 100% that early on in the diet with 4 sets of people to visit and activites to carry out! (My parents are divorced, visited nan and stayed at my sisters)

Onwards and upwards :D

Ooh naughty Poogatches! ;)

Glad you had a brilliant weekend. Onwards and downwards tomorrow. Good luck getting back into ketosis nice and quick smart :)

A x

Quick update from me, got weighed this morning and I'm 1lb down on my day 3 morning weigh in which actually means I lost 1lb over the weekend which as you can imagine I'm extactic with all things considering :p

Quick question, is 3 sweetners with every shake over the top and going to harm my weight loss?

Ooh, very fluky! :) In a sense I find that can make things harder... during all my little cheats I still managed to lose (not much, but still lose nonetheless...) and so my willpower was buggered then. Knowing I could get away with it was like the devil on my shoulder. Needless to say, I didn't get away with it forever and fell face first off the wagon. LOL.

Good luck getting back into it. I don't think there is any adverse effect of having 3 sweeteners... not that I've heard of anyway. Which ones do you use BTW? You mentioned in a previous post that you have aspartame free ones?

A x

Splenda, which is sucralose (spelling?). I figured as exante don't have aspartame in them then adding sweetner is just like making them more like the CD ones in that department. You can tell the difference in sweetness from CD to exante for sure and just couldn't them without the sweetners.

I must say Vanilla with 2 sweetners and coffee was REALLY scrummy, definately my favourite so far. Anyone tried the choc ones with coffee yet?

did the post arrive to you? just i haven't heard. so i assume it got to you safely

Sorry short and dumpy, I did mean to get around to messaging you. I'm afraid it hadn't turned up. The mrs is in all day today so it might have arrived with the post today. Thankfully I was able to pick up the exante from the depot earlier than the rescheduled delivery so we are good to go :).

Will sort out sending you the replacement packs asap, and thanks again for all your help! :D

:)

will teach me for rushing to the reach the last post poorly toddler on hip..

naughty postman

glad you have got it sorted at last. glad you enjoyed a loss over the weekend too even after all that.. good luck for this week coming

Oh sorry, I didn't realise it was that much of a mission for you. Now I feel bad hehe! :(

Just the idea of someone rushing around to help me made me feel better to no end so it wasn't a wasted effort :)

Weigh in day was originally wednesday so if I can even pull an 8 or 9 with all things considerd I think that would be quite an acheivment (all be it slitely fluked haha). Currently sitting at 7lbs lost and who knows maybe theres some more glycogen in there that this semi restart will shift :D

Hey hey - just a quickie cos I'm running out the door.

Is sucralose ok? I just know my LL used to say that anything ending in -ose was a sugar... i.e. fructose, lactose etc...

It's obviously not knocked you out of ketosis so it's all good, but just thought I'd mention it. :)

Right, off to work I go... enjoy your day! xx

Sucralose is the recommended sweetner on CD, aspartame is the one to avoid according to them (their products do contain it, so maybe its to avoid going over the amount of it they are giving you allready).

I've no idea if Exante have a view on it, will have to have a search around!

Have a good day :) x

Short and dumpy, the mrs informs me they did turn up this morning so thanks again :D

Well lunchtime has passed at work, with varying amounts of tempting food making its way past my nose. The worst offender being some sausages from the deli counter at tescos smacked into a cheese baton :(

I'm SO hungry today, this is a lot tougher than what I remember of original day 1. Serves me right I guess hehe. No shakes with me so shake 2 is going to be at 6 at the earliest and I can't bloomin wait :D

I'm going to have to try a banana shake at somepoint, which I've been putting off as I HATE banana milkshakes with a passion. At the moment strawberry is well and truley down to Mrs P as she didn't mind it where as I hated it. I like the chocs more than she does and we both LOVE vanilla with coffee.

Still curious to hear from anyone whos tried coffee with the choc shakes as would hate to mess it up trying :p

Hope you're all getting on well today :D x

Glad your back on track :) As for choc with coffee....ive tried it and it was ok but to be honest the choc shake hot with a sweetner in is nicer! Like a hot choc...yum. x

Night time sign off from me.

By the end of today the hunger had gone which was nice, metallic taste in my mouth which is good in a weird kind of way only a vlcder can appreciate :p

Went to the lovely CDC who was going to help me out in my moment of need over the weekend to get some water flavourings for mrs p who's struggling abit with the water. Well worth it they are lovely! I would really encourage anyone with a cdc nearby to see if they are willing to sell you a pot as it's just like drinking squash it's that good.

Tried a mushroom soup this evening as well and that wasn't too bad with some pepper and some herbs n spices thrown in.

Thanks for the info babystar, I tried a CD choc shake warm once and found it horrible if I'm honest so not sure I'll bother hehe.

Really tired so a relatively early night for me, hope you all had good days!

oooh i was very tempted to go to my old cdc for water flavouring but think it'd be a bit cheeky seeing as i'm not going back to him properly, hehe. i am DREADING the mushroom, i think i'll probably never try it tbh as the thought makes my stomach turn. yay for ketosis though, you're doing really well. :)

Yeah I do plan on trying a banana shake, probably this evening when Mrs P has one and I'll sneak a taste and see what I think.

So day 7 (kind of) begins and today I'm full of beans! Ketostix well and truely pink and another lb down the drain (that's 8 so far even including the naughty weekend!).

I'm not sure whether I should still keep to wednesday as my weigh in day or go from my semi restart yesterday. I think if I carried on until next monday it could make the week after look a bit strange weightloss wise so I'm thinking to keeping to the original day, what do you lot think?

The start of yesterday I found really tough, the eating at the weekend had knocked me out of "the zone" a little if I'm honest but I'm well and truely back in it today. Loving the CD water flavourings, I don't mind water on it's own but this stuff is amazing, forgot how lush it was hehe :D

If you wanted a pot colly I'm more than happy to buy one for you and post it over, that goes for anyone else out there :)

I still can't believe I'm in the 19s even though its unofficial atm hehe, I remember being around 18 yrs old and weighing myself and being 18 stone and it went downhill very fast from then on in so to be back in the teens after so long is quite an achievment for me.

No hunger today yet which is allways good, no headaches this time round either and the toilet visits have calmed down a little too :D

I'd forgotten how liberating a vlcd was, the extra energy, the feeling of your future getting ever closer and the motivation from losing nigh on a lb a day! Just need to remind myself of these things at half 10 when everyone walks in with pasties, burgers, bacon and sausage baps from the sandwich van hehe

Hope you're all well today x

do the squeeze! heheh its my trick for avoiding carby yummy smelling things.
ask for a tiny corner of the pastry from the pasties etc and just squeeze it between your fingers.

the amount of oil and fat and grease residue that remains on your fingers is an instant craving killer for me.

xx

that'd be amazing! grab the fruity one for me next time you see cdc and i'll either paypal you cash or send you some exante/cd packs in return, up to you :) x

Back