Poppet's Next Attempt!

Forgot to WI today! Had a coffee already so going to leave it. After the weekend I'm quite glad lol. Back on track this week!
Looking ahead, Saturday could pose an issue as we're supposed to be going to a surprise 30th but I don't really want to go, is that horrid?!
We're trying to watch the pennies very carefully in the run up to Christmas and with the new car, old one still needs some work & MOT before we can move it on and I'm just not feeling it..
Other than that the week should run smoothly! It's my dad's birthday on Wednesday so going to make him some treats. Just need to avoid licking the spoon!

Today has been.. a day. Feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything! Star week is due so I'm sure it's just my hormones playing tricks on me.
Supervision tomorrow so hopefully that will motivate me.
B: porridge
L: grapes. mini cheddars (6)
T: Veggie biryani. Made loads so will have some leftovers for lunch.
Will probably have the last bit of flapjack from Cake & Bake for supper, might take me a bit over syns but can't be by much!

Just caught up, I can empathise with your food and things, I'm doing really well for half a day then being undone by my inability to resist the rest of the family providing the meals! To top it all my girls are making apple crumbles, delicious! I'm still happy that I'm in target range, but I've not got the same drive as in the summer, must be a bit of hibernation instinct kicking in, that's my excuse....
Bought D1 a car, it's so nice. She's really enjoying being "fun employed" Then our towing car injector 4 blew, £300...D2 car was hit by a teenager as he tried to heave a party on another farm, being repaired at his parents expense...but aggro having to get her insured on another car to get to college.( they are covering the costs) Horse box mot and plating £700! Son's laptop broken, needs it at uni... take me now! I call it life tax. I know how you feel about not going out.

Plus you and @Torn_Tranquility have uni work...

Ponies been up to mischief, they've managed to remove a couple of panels from a wooden hay barn and gorged on 1.5 bales, they looked like they were drunk, asleep standing up and legs wobbling. No keep in paddocks, ground is still cracked, no flush of grass. Loads of farmers feeding hay already, and I've seen cattle still out in some fields, ground rock hard.

Keep the faith

You can do it! :)

Thank you @ILoveCake ! I do too ;-)
Wow @Quins you've had an unfortunate run too :-( Expensive times! Always hits right before Christmas too doesn't it. Hope your daughter wasn't in the car when it was bumped?
Naughty ponies! I remember one of my horses managed to crane his neck into the shed once and ate a sack of carrots :rolleyes: managed to chew them through the mesh bag and suck the pieces through; quite fortunate really that he didn't eat the mesh! Our old boy is on the hay already too; though not for much longer :( the vet is coming out on Friday and it's not looking good. Agh.
Today has been mostly decent: cereal for breakfast, leftover biryani for lunch and steak with mini jacket potatoes for tea. Had various sauces (and maybe the odd spoon lick) that will account for syns.
Made dad's birthday treats: a fresh loaf of bread, lemon curd, cinder toffee, white chocolate cheesecake and some savoury crackers. Hope he likes them!

Wow, yesterday went totally belly up!
My dad led me astray, I blame him. Managed an on-plan tea though, pasta and meatballs. Let's not talk about the rest!
I'm going to the gym today :eek: my friend has just started working there and has got me a free 12 day pass, so I'm going to attempt to run. I haven't been for AGES and it's been niggling away in the back of my mind, so I'll see how it goes. I know last time I ran on a treadmill I found it much harder than on the road but I'll have a go- even if it's just a few 5 min bursts and walking in between.
I think I'll try a swim next week, it will do my back the world of good but I can't face it today. My costume has gone see through though so I think I'll have to brave a bikini!

Today's been better, if a bit boring!
Breakfast and lunch were both cereal & fruit, then I had a jacket with beans for tea.
Just going to have a little ice cream now for 6 syns and leave it at that!
Managed a bit of running at the gym, 5 min warm up, ran for 10 mins, walked 2 mins, ran 10 mins then 5 min cool down. It was all I could be bothered to do, but now I've got the pass I'll make an effort to go swimming & sauna at some point!

Hello my dear!

Well done on the exercise and food- sometimes days are a bit boring but it doesn't hurt :) sometimes something a bit plain can get us through a bit of a mad and crazy week.
Hang in there, you are doing just fine! Sounds like you had a fab time with your dad- what fun!!

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Ruth
X

Sorry I've been a bit AWOL, it's been a busy and sad weekend.
I worked on Saturday and then we had to say a sad farewell to our horse. It was rubbish and hard but I know it was the right thing to do, he looked uncomfortable on his feet and very stiff despite the medication.
Yesterday I sort of moped a bit to be honest, OH was looking after me and cooked my dinner which was very nice but not on plan!
Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of it this week. I'm hoping to go for a swim maybe tomorrow, not quite feeling up to it today. Going to try and get some work done and if that goes well then maybe have a chilled afternoon with a book or something.
Hope everyone is doing well :) X

Oh @Poppet12 im sorry to hear the bad news :( hope you're feeling a bit better today! Just chill out and relax- do things when you want and in your own time.
Hope you've had a better evening

Ruth
X

Thanks Ruth, just taking things steady and lowering my expectations a bit. I forgot I've got a Dr appt today but remembered just in time! So not sure when swim is going to factor in.
I had a chilled afternoon yesterday, abandoned writing as words just weren't coming and I was struggling, but lit the fire and did some (academic) reading instead. It was quite nice in the end and I learned more than I expected, which will help in turn with the writing.
I've downloaded myfitnesspal on to my new phone and started logging out of curiosity. I didn't feel like I ate much yesterday but was 15 cals over my 'daily allowance' so it's something to bear in mind!

Also braved the scales this morning after a dreadful weekend food wise but was pleasantly surprised with a half pound gain. I was anticipating much much worse (cake on friday, lots of bread on saturday, gin, pizza, bacon sandwiches, and a full sunday dinner cooked by OH).
Makes me wonder what I might've been last Monday when I forgot to weigh, but it's onwards and downwards from here!

Ah I'm glad you're OK. I know what you mean about Christmas coming earlier and earlier, it's still weeks away and yet we're bombarded with advertising straight after bonfire night, it's madness. And don't get me started on "Black Friday"....
We went to the cinema for a bit of escapism last night, it was lovely. Took my parents to see Fantastic Beasts (last of Dad's birthday treats) and we all really enjoyed it!
It wasn't a great day on plan as OH arrived home from work with fish & chips and I had a few sweets at the cinema but nothing mad.
Picked some more apples this morning which should help my speed intake too (are apples speed? I lose track!)
Going to my cleaning job today and I need to return a book to the Uni library, not really sure how I'm going to do it as I have no car and they're opposite ends of town, but I'll figure something out.
I started learning cross stitch yesterday and it's going quite well, so I'll probably have a chilled night in tonight and do a bit of that :)

Back