Poppet's Next Attempt!

Had a good weekend but it wasn't great for plan, again! I went out on Saturday night and had a few drinks, and Sunday we visited OH's mum as she hasn't been very well. We ate there and I had a veggie stew type thing in a giant yorkshire pudding. I haven't had one for ages and it was so yummy! Also had a big coffee cupcake- very tasty.
Back on the wagon yesterday and today is looking good- I have leftover chilli & rice for lunch which I think I'll take to uni with me and try and get some work done.
It's been slow progress over the last week/10 days and I'm starting to get a bit anxious about it, so if I can get lots done today and add to my word count I think I'll feel a bit better.
Will need to wrap up today! There's such a thick frost outside, all the animals water was frozen and the condensation in the house was bad this morning- I think I need to order a dehumidifier..

Had a good weekend but it wasn't great for plan, again! I went out on Saturday night and had a few drinks, and Sunday we visited OH's mum as she hasn't been very well. We ate there and I had a veggie stew type thing in a giant yorkshire pudding. I haven't had one for ages and it was so yummy! Also had a big coffee cupcake- very tasty.
Back on the wagon yesterday and today is looking good- I have leftover chilli & rice for lunch which I think I'll take to uni with me and try and get some work done.
It's been slow progress over the last week/10 days and I'm starting to get a bit anxious about it, so if I can get lots done today and add to my word count I think I'll feel a bit better.
Will need to wrap up today! There's such a thick frost outside, all the animals water was frozen and the condensation in the house was bad this morning- I think I need to order a dehumidifier..

The giant Yorkshire pudding and stew sounds divine, hope that OHs Mum is better! Ooo coffee cupcake sounds gorgeous too!
Hope that uni was ok and that you enjoyed your Chilli and rice and that you feel less anxious too :) the frost has been really bad here! The stray around Harrogate was covered in a white sheet when I went to work this morning. I have a spare dehumidifier and I also work for a ventilation company... pity you don't live a bit closer!!

Ruth
X

Oh it was a lovely treat with the yorkshire pud. I really enjoyed it and the coffee cupcake. It made me desperate to do some baking but I have no restraint and OH is trying to reduce sugar..
Uni feels like a drag at the moment, like I'll never get there. But I have to keep plodding on or I actually won't!
It's been a little bit warmer here today- no frost this morning- but I'm still wrapped up. Ah that is a shame! I didn't realise it was a ventilation company you worked for, I thought it was utilities for some reason (internet specifically was in my head) but no idea why!
Food today has been a bit boring and I've had two hexbs so need something green for tea. Maybe veggie burgers and homemade wedges, roast onions etc..
OH is working late so will have to have a rummage in the freezer and see what it conjures up lol. While I'm there I'll find something to defrost for tomorrow's tea so I don't have this dilemma again!

Yeah I work for a ventilation company, I look after all of the installers in London and the South East (control and book their work, vans, mot, stock, health and safety stuff etc) so I wish I did live a little closer!
I hope you have a lovely relaxed weekend, get wrapped up and chill out!

Ruth
X

Hello! I've had Internet troubles this week so have been living like a caveman lol. So much to catch up on!
And I've taken the classic pre-Christmas approach of burying my head in the sand. Food hasn't been terrible but not great either (just too much bread really) and I haven't weighed for ages now.
It was a nice day yesterday and I got lots of house stuff done but with no Internet, Uni has taken a back seat so today I'll be cracking on with that. I also need to go shopping and buy SW food that I actually enjoy so I can have a couple of weeks of decent eating before the festivities.
Hope everyone is doing well :) X

Hello! I've had Internet troubles this week so have been living like a caveman lol. So much to catch up on!
And I've taken the classic pre-Christmas approach of burying my head in the sand. Food hasn't been terrible but not great either (just too much bread really) and I haven't weighed for ages now.
It was a nice day yesterday and I got lots of house stuff done but with no Internet, Uni has taken a back seat so today I'll be cracking on with that. I also need to go shopping and buy SW food that I actually enjoy so I can have a couple of weeks of decent eating before the festivities.
Hope everyone is doing well :) X

Hello my dear! Glad you got your internet back!
I love doing SW shopping so I hope you enjoy it, and your uni work too!!
Have a fab day!

Ruth
X

Hi guys :)
Taking things as they come too T_T, it seems the best way at the moment. I'm reasonably happy to maintain for now and deal with any damage/start losing again hopefully in the New Year. We've a wedding in Spain to go to in May so it would be nice to be on good form for that!
It's good have internet back too! I haven't got much done in the way of Uni work this week but supervision on Monday should get me back in the head space for it.
I had a really rough night last night, just not feeling myself at all :( swinging from angry for no reason and very very sad. Not sure what's going on with my hormones but hopefully I'll be back to myself soon!
Work today then going to stay with my brother in law which will be nice. If my nephew can't cheer me up there's little hope lol. Have a great weekend! X

Feeling vaguely normal again! Life is so busy at the moment but trying to take everything in my stride and just get on with it. Not always easy but trying not to sweat the small stuff!
Had a lovely weekend and feel back on track with knowing what I'm doing Uni-wise. Food not been too bad, making pasta tonight with a speedy sauce, looking forward to it already so I think it must be lunch time...

I seem to have been AWOL from here again! Things have been so busy, I'm barely thinking about food. Just accepting it for now and planning my comeback in the new year. How's everyone doing?
We are overrun with poorly (and possibly pregnant) animals, so spending a lot of time playing nurse which is stressful, but I have OH home with me now to share the load.
Plan this week is to finish christmas shopping and try and find my festive spirit :) x

Festive spirit well and truly found (mostly in the form of prosecco, gin and baileys :oops:)
Had a wonderful few days with family and friends, we are currently overrun with yummy leftovers and I got some fab foodie Christmas pressies with some chutneys and pickles (though some chocolate too; I think I'm going to stash some of it away like I did last year).
Had the heaviest night of the season last night and didn't get in til about 3am. Had a lovely time though and we don't do it often. Today will be a mostly lazy day I think, though the weather has perked up thank goodness- the wind was a bit scary here at times!- so will try drag OH out for a bit of fresh air.
Been thinking a lot about SW and the year ahead, I'd really like to get back on form and lose the last of this weight, and come up with a plan to keep it off. I know I can lose it, I've done it before, but maintaining always seems to elude me.
We've got a wedding at the end of April and I want to get to target for then. I also want to finish my PhD and start thinking about trying for a baby :eek: busy year ahead!
Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas :D x

Ooh we have lots of lovely cheese left too! I'm not sure what to do with it yet- good job it has a long use by!
Happy New Year everybody :)
Today will hopefully be my last day 'off plan'. I've been shopping and my SW go-to's are on hand ready for tomorrow. I'm anticipating a bit of a bumpy ride to get to target this year but with the wedding (and hen do) looming, I have determination on my side.
This year we have three weddings on the horizon; April, September and October! So lots of motivation to keep on plan. The bride to be for the September wedding introduced me to Slimming World and I think she might want to get back on the wagon too, so hopefully we can keep it up together.
As I said right at the beginning of this diary, planning really is the key for me so I've been thinking carefully about my comeback. My weak spot is incorporating speed foods into every meal so it's definitely something that I will focus on.
I think once I've got a few days under my belt I'll feel much better, so I'll be posting on here each day to keep me going!

I'm back! Stats updated (yikes!) and raring-ish to go.
I had a feeling I'd gone into the 11s again so despite a 4.5lb gain, I'm not too disheartened as December was pretty disastrous!
I don't think I'm quite as prepared as I thought yesterday so I'll probably pop to Lidl today. I'd like some frozen jacket potatoes as they're pretty handy for lunches, and a bit more variety for the fruit and veg if I'm going to get better with it!
Today is Monday (I did just have to check ha) so Monday weigh day from here on in.
I'm going to hunt out my most unflattering pics and my favourite target pic and get cracking!

Well done @Poppet12 , idisnthe same this morning, updated stats, a stone to get off, I know I will do it....I've just got to be more mindful for the last quarter of the year.....

We'll certainly get there @Quins ! I agree the last quarter of the year seems to be the hardest. Sometimes I struggle in summer as we always seem to have social stuff to do but I'll deal with that when we get there.
I've been reading through Pinch of Nom recipes as they always seem to tempt me- I know if I keep things fresh and exciting I can stick with it.
I've also looked in the mirror and seen the state of my skin, so water needs to feature more heavily throughout the day. My face is normally fresh and clear but it's looking bumpy, tired and blotchy :oops: too much booze and sugar I think.
Having a pottering day today, next stop is a freezer check to see what I have in, then I'm going to sit and plan my week of meals. I'm seeing friends Saturday night but I'm hoping I can invite them round and I'll cook to stay on plan- either that or we're going out for curry where I will save syns and choose wisely :)

Day one DONE!
B: Banana porridge
L: Small jacket potato, spaghetti hoops & salad with mixed peppers and cucumber
T: Homemade lasagna- speedy sauce with onions, peppers, mushrooms, grated carrot and tomatoes.
Syns: Extra hexa of cheese (6) Sunbites (6) gravy granules (0.5) and cheese sauce (2)
Total: 14.5
Feels good to be off sugar- think I'll keep this up til I can't resist Lindt anymore.
Also drank so much water (for me)- about 5 pints over the course of the day! Hope it helps :)

Day two just about done- I feel like I've eaten my tea a bit early though!
B: Banana porridge
L: Leftover ragu and pasta- lots of speed in the sauce, same as yesterday
T: Veggie burgers with homemade sw chips, salad and a spoonful of baked beans. Had some ketchup and dressing (3)
Feeling very virtuous, syns are on nuts (6). Also had a WW yoghurt which I think is free.
Total:9
Only managed two pints of water so far so going to have another now then distract myself with a bath!
Feeling a bit on edge about tomorrow as I haven't got lunch planned which I know is my downfall. I might boil up some rice so I can make a quick stirfry with it..

Last edited:
Back