Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Porridge alternative

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by lemony, 19 March 2009 Social URL.

1. lemony

lemony Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.41%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Hi everyone,
    I've been on porridge every morning as part of my calorie counting diet and i love it, but as it's getting to summer i'm looking for alternatives. I use the quick cook, quaker oats. Can these be eaten raw, maybe with yogurt and some fruit, like home-made muesli?

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, it can be eaten raw. I have a big jar of dry mixture consisting of oats, nuts, dried fruit etc.

I often either soak it overnight in some apple juice, or add yoghurt in the morning.

Jamie oliver does a similar thing. Think he calls it Pukkolla or something.

4. lemony

lemony Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11.41%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Thank you KD, i had hoped that would be the answer! Just looked up Jamie Oliver's concotion, it looks interesting.
    Roll on summer!

5. serafyn

serafyn Full Member

Poridge cold is nice, I swirl a muller light yoghurt in it, makes it lovely and creamy.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.