Porridge as a heb ideas

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Hi guys

I really fancy some porridge however I've never bought any before can anyone share they favs?! Flavours or fruit which is yummy on top?!

And do you make it up with water or milk?! Xx

I haven't had porridge as such for several months (tend to eat it more in the winter) but I just buy plain ole Sainsbury porridge oats, mix with water (think it's three measures of water to one of oats) and a pinch of salt, then cook over a low heat stirring occasionally. I do like to add about half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder at the beginning. It's nice with a few raisins added as well, but you'd have to syn those. Sometimes I slice a banana on top, and/or add a spoonful of yogurt. It's up to you to find what you like in addition - just remember to count any syns! And don't forget the scanbran!! :)

Oo I like the sound of the preportioned packets!!

Is it just the plain one that is a hex?! Xx

I have the plain oatso simple as a hexB. I make it with skimmed milk. In the summer it is nice with any fruit on top. In winter, stir frozen berries through it. Or chopped apple with a pinch of cinnamon. Love it.

Most days I grate an apple (and some cinnamon) in with my oat so simple (made with a little bit of milk about 50ml and the rest water), I also grate in pear (with ginger or all spice or stir in raspberries. :)

I

The portion you get in the oats so simple packet is really generous I think!! Normally split it in 2!!!

I think I said in an earlier post on this thread that I usually only have it in winter, but for the last three days I decided on my cinnamon porridge with added berries (and a bit of yogurt) for breakfast - must be under the influence! [Of this thread :)]

madhvi said:
wow....just shows what a little piggy i am.... lol.... i could easily eat 2 sachets and still have room for a piece of fruit....! sad or what!! :eek:
Love it!! I normally chop a banana into it and grate an apple so that stretches it I think!! X

I put my sachet oats so simple in a pot with muller yogurt or 0% yogurt in the fridge overnight,in morning stir and add raspberries or banana or apricots,any fruit. It's gorgeous

Back