+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Din dins at work was a casserole, Lean steak Cut into cubes, a knorr rich beef stock pot, onions, Carrots, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Tim of tomatoes, potatoes and 1/2 Tbsp bisto powder to thicken (1 syn)
20160805_164438.jpg

Last nights tea I tried the 'Meatzza'.
Recipe was off basementbakehouse. Com, with a few alterations (didn't put as much mixed herb in as I'm not a lover, toppings I used were spring onions, roasted pepper (out of jar as on SW app they're free), tomatoes, mushrooms, sweetcorn & a little bit of BBQ chicken (chillers again on SW app says it's free)).
I also made a BBQ base. Whole meal wasn't the best as it was my first attempt & picky when it comes to flavoring mince but was still nice think next time I'd put a bit of the sauce into the mince base & see if that's nicer (but not too much as it probably wouldn't come out in one piece haha) However it's up to the individual what they prefer. :).

Meatzza Recipe -
Says serves 2 & to serve with SW chips, for me it easily served 4. Also there is no temp but says to cook for 25 minutes so u did them in fan oven on 180c along with the SW chips turned out fine for me.

500 5% Fat Mince (beef or pork I used 250g of each)
1 Egg
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Mixed Herbs (I used 1 teaspoon)
1/2 Raw Peeled Grater Potato.

For sauce says to make the SW Syn Free Pizza Sauce as I don't like tomato based pizza I made a syn free BBQ one I found on this site to be exact lol)

Toppings
80g Grated Mozzarella (2x HexA, I used Morrisons cheap mozzarella ball says on SW app you can have 55g of it as HexA, so I bought 2 & used 220g (a slice each for both my mum & I for 2 days, so both of our HexA for the 2 days)
1 Red Pepper (thinly sliced, I used roasted out of jar)
Handful Sliced Mushrooms
Hand full Sweetcorn (frozen or tinned).

Instructions

1. Mix all base ingredients into a bowl.
2. Spray a cake tin (preferably a spring one) with Fry Light, put mince mixture in & flatten out.
3. Make Syn Free sauce of your choice (tomato, BBQ whatever).
4. Top mince mixture with some sauce & spread almost to edge.
5. Sprinkle most of mozzarella on top load on your desired toppings & rest of mozzarella.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, once cooked remove from oven & let stand for a couple of minutes before cutting & serving.

As stated above the recipe doesn't have a temp so I followed temp for chips as they stay in for same amount of time.
Sorry it sounds so confusing, it's basically do what flavoring you like meatballs to be in the base & add which ever sauce & toppings, then cook until cooked. Haha x

BBQ Sauce Recipe-
1 Carton Passata
3 tbsp Sweeter
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
3 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder

For me it has too much Balsamic & Worcestershire in but it was still alright when mixed with toppings & mince.
A few people said they also added 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder again that's personal preference. It doesn't state if you mix it cold or over the heat so I made it both ways & used the over heat version on my meatzza (once it had cooled back down).

Attachments

• 20160806_190955.jpg
    20160806_190955.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Mince Beef Hotpot ... stuffed now!

Serves 2
Dry fry 250g s Lean Beef Mince with 1 Onion, 1 clove garlic and 2 chopped Carrots, add a rich knorr stock pot with 500mls water, chuck in a tin of chopped tomatoes.

Transfer to a casserole dish and add peeled sliced potatoes to the top. Cook covered on gas mark 3 for an hour then gas mark 6 for 30mins .... if you like a really crispy top place under grill for the last 10mins.

20160808_184857.jpg

Attachments

• 13920081_10153900846940658_1099669271382326621_o.jpg
    13920081_10153900846940658_1099669271382326621_o.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 25
I made the bacon and mushroom quiche last night with new potatoes and a big salad. It was great and i had the leftovers for lunch with plum tomatoes.

Tonight we have all just finished the slow cooker lasagne and that was really good!! Used cottage cheese and quark for the cheese sauce with a sprinkling of low fat cheddar as the HEA for the day. I did not get a pic before we ate it sorry! :)

For tomorrow i have just prepared these lamb and veg kebabs marinated in soy sauce, garlic, ginger, cayenne and chilli. Going to serve them with sun free cous cos, a large salad and a wholemeal pitta. I have also made a mint and cucumber dip to go with them using sun free natural yogurt. Will let you know what i think.

14585643_10157399106285198_1526917475_o.jpg
kebabs.jpg

I made the bacon and mushroom quiche last night with new potatoes and a big salad. It was great and i had the leftovers for lunch with plum tomatoes.

Tonight we have all just finished the slow cooker lasagne and that was really good!! Used cottage cheese and quark for the cheese sauce with a sprinkling of low fat cheddar as the HEA for the day. I did not get a pic before we ate it sorry! :)

For tomorrow i have just prepared these lamb and veg kebabs marinated in soy sauce, garlic, ginger, cayenne and chilli. Going to serve them with sun free cous cos, a large salad and a wholemeal pitta. I have also made a mint and cucumber dip to go with them using sun free natural
yogurt. Will let you know what i think.
.View attachment 184071View attachment 184072

Nothing too special but this was VERY quick and really nice and filling.

Was just 3 thin cut turkey breast steaks seasoned with Cajun seasoning, done in pan with either frylight or sunflower oil spray. Put hot onto a bed of spinach, watercress, rocket and red onion.

Attachments

• 20161102_161726.jpg
    20161102_161726.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 16
Back