+*+* POST your food pics for meal ideas +*+*+*

Beef hotpot, peas, carrots and green beans.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
Cheesy mushroom topped pork loin steaks, wedges and veg.

image.jpeg

Really fancied melted cheese on tomatoes on toast but as I don't want to use up the HEX if possible I used 2 lasagna sheets sandwiched with quark on one side and tomato puree on the other side, soaked it in boiling water, put ontop onion, tomatoes, cheese and herbs and cooked for 20mins, basil on top. yum. just what i was looking for.
Lasange cheese n toms.jpg

Ooh you should definitely try it @Passion fruit ! It's yummy, and the way I make it, syn free! I don't really add any herbs or seasoning to it, I make it with veg stock so there's seasoning flavour in there and I add about 1 teaspoon of salt to give it a bit of oomph. Would you like the recipe?

Yes please I'd love to try it :) thankyou

Serves 2

Ingredients
150g arborio rice
100g diced brown onion
150g diced peppers
150g sliced mushrooms
4 spring onions
2 cloves garlic
Fry light spray
1 tsp salt
1 pint vegetable stock

Method
Spray pan with fry light
Add peppers, onions, garlic & spring onions and cook on a low-medium heat for 5 mins until soft
Turn heat to high and add rice, stir in and add around 200ml stock
Add mushrooms
Keep adding stock bit by bit until it's all absorbed by the rice (takes about 20mins, rice should be soft but retain a little bite)
Add salt towards end of cooking for a bit of flavour

Let me know how you get on :)

Thank-you can't wait to try it out, what could I substitute for the mushrooms? As I love them but they don't love me! Give me really bad stomach ache, I've tried for about 10 years to find a mushroom that I can eat, the ones I want to test next are the really big ones I've seen used as a burger bun, I'm just building up the courage for potentially feeling terrible lol

Thank-you can't wait to try it out, what could I substitute for the mushrooms? As I love them but they don't love me! Give me really bad stomach ache, I've tried for about 10 years to find a mushroom that I can eat, the ones I want to test next are the really big ones I've seen used as a burger bun, I'm just building up the courage for potentially feeling terrible lol

Aaah mushrooms do to you what eggs do to me! Every so often I try again but to no avail :( To be fair you can swap them for whatever you like, spinach could be a good alternative because it doesn't need a lot of cooking?

Serves 2

Ingredients
150g arborio rice
100g diced brown onion
150g diced peppers
150g sliced mushrooms
4 spring onions
2 cloves garlic
Fry light spray
1 tsp salt
1 pint vegetable stock

Method
Spray pan with fry light
Add peppers, onions, garlic & spring onions and cook on a low-medium heat for 5 mins until soft
Turn heat to high and add rice, stir in and add around 200ml stock
Add mushrooms
Keep adding stock bit by bit until it's all absorbed by the rice (takes about 20mins, rice should be soft but retain a little bite)
Add salt towards end of cooking for a bit of flavour

Let me know how you get on :)

Going to buy the rice today to give this a go tomorrow, and thought about using broccoli instead of mushrooms! Will let you know how I get on :) how is your week going?

Going to buy the rice today to give this a go tomorrow, and thought about using broccoli instead of mushrooms! Will let you know how I get on :) how is your week going?

Cool. Yeah broccoli, why not! I guess you can pretty much throw anything in! I might add carrots to mine next time. I'm an experimental cook so I'll throw anything in lol.

Back